This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

valuts of atlantis cripes error

Started by roadwarrior,

Previous topic - Next topic

roadwarrior

sorry if this is in the wrong place....been trying to earn that new vaults of Atlantis badge.  Game only runs about 10-15 minutes before pogo gives me the cripes error message.  Doesn't happen with any other game.  What's wrong?
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Stinkerbell

I'm not sure why that would happen. I ran it yesterday and last night for hours and hours and never got that message.

roadwarrior

so no one has any idea why I'm getting it in just this game??

gran2x2

girls18.gif    I get it alot too..dunno why but this frickin badge is THE BADGE FROM HELL!!!!   help.gif Been workin on it almost constantly  for 3 days now and am 2/3...  swear2.gif

Homer

No ones ever been able to explain cripes including pogo. They will tell you to clean your cache which does not help

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

NoWitch1

Just got the cripes thing trying to go in Everyone Wins Bingo~maybe it's a sign we need to spend more time outside irishman.gif

update~cleared the cache and got right in

ozcar

Quote from: NoWitch1 on March 17, 2012, 06:03:38 AM
~maybe it's a sign we need to spend more time outside irishman.gif

Yup, Spring is around the corner, nice and sunny out, I can hear it now .....

'It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood.'

roadwarrior

update:  cleared the cache like suggested.  Every time I get up the steps and finish the game, I get a cripes error.  Other games?  Nope, nothing along the lines of cripes.  Doesn't matter what browser I use, minute I get up the stairs and play that last bonus game boom, cripes error.

AustinBennett

Cleaning up java files sometimes help. Depending on the number of different games you play, these files can pile up quickly.
Go to control panel, click on java, either click on view to see how many files exist or delete to delete those files.

Sue

I just got the cripes error in Mahjong Safari, not once but twice.

And my Java and all that was cleaned just before I started playing the game.

Homer

everytime you get up the steps it's an automatic cripes

roadwarrior

Quote from: AustinBennett on March 18, 2012, 04:37:56 AM
Cleaning up java files sometimes help. Depending on the number of different games you play, these files can pile up quickly.
Go to control panel, click on java, either click on view to see how many files exist or delete to delete those files.

Look, I AM NOT STUPID.  CLEANING JAVA WAS ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS I DID.  I've done it several times by now.  It's getting on my nerves because I need one more win to earn a badge in that game.

roadwarrior

Quote from: Homer on March 18, 2012, 06:11:55 AM
everytime you get up the steps it's an automatic cripes

any idea why homer?  Yesterday I was able to play 3 hours without a cripes error, got up the steps dunno how many times.  Now, back to cripes error every time I go up steps

Joe C

I have also experienced this. This seems to be a new trend, starting sometime yesterday afternoon.

I was able to get 2/3 for the stupid new "Island Holiday" badge while winning the new Mix badge "Shark Rider" x16.

Then, for FOUR straight sessions where I walked away from the computer, "Cripes" error. As a founding member of the "Clear Java, Clear Temp Internet Files, reboot computer" club, I can tell you this has NOTHING to do with the Cripes error. I did that just before going to bed. No progress on either badge on the powerful computer and yet a successful overnight session of Payday Freecell on the second screen name on the weaker computer.

I will try to duplicate the error, but not today, since I have a long list of badges I want to get done x10, x25 and x50. I think I will play some other stuff for the day.
tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

NoWitch1

The pogo forums are full of cripes complaints ~ but I'm sure it's not a pogo problem LOL never is, never will be  help.gif

Blacklord4

help.gif..... already had bunch of cripes errors,but the thing that bother me the most is getting the Island Holiday Badge....how in the world u get all the bonus games 3 times....i spent 5 days on it and haven't goot 1 yet.....any ideas....or just plain luck,sound like pogo made a BAD deal about it,not sure its worth playing 4 weeks off and on.......rather play somthing else....any ideas????

Homer

rebooting your pc helps but doesn't eliminate the issue

AustinBennett

Quote from: roadwarrior on March 18, 2012, 07:38:18 AM
Look, I AM NOT STUPID.  CLEANING JAVA WAS ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS I DID.  I've done it several times by now.  It's getting on my nerves because I need one more win to earn a badge in that game.
Apparently that badge is taking it's toll on your attitude. Lighten up, I was only trying to help. Often people get so wrapped up in doing badges that they forget to delete these files routinely. YOU might be a classic example.

just don

Seems to me that years ago pogo had many games that would cause the "cripes" error. Joe has described the steps we used back then, and the steps I used recently with very good results. One "cripes" and one 10 hour run and the badge was earned. tumbsup.gif

AustinBennett

Homer makes a valid point. Often something as simple as rebooting or restarting your browser corrects the issue. Of course, Roadwarrior wants a complicated and complex remedy that may take an hour or more to resolve his problem. I could give him a few, but it probably wouldn't do any good because it's likely to be something more routine and simple.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview