PlayBuddy
April 23, 2024, 08:59:47 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Word Whomp Whackdown

Started by xsquezme,

Previous topic - Next topic

xsquezme

HI! I am new to the forums! Like what I see, love all the advice and you all seem like a friendly bunch to be around!  O0

I have done a search of the forum for this but I am not quite understanding what to do.

I have read that if you do not eat all the carrots and hit new game ( or is it take score? ) that you will advance in rank faster.

Now my question is do you have to eat at least one carrot or can you stop after you eat your "rank" veggie/fruit?

Homer

You want to eat all but the last carrot. Take score and skip speed round. :)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

SmoothFox

There are carrots in the speed round.  Don't those count?

Moksha

Quote from: SmoothFox on January 04, 2005, 07:41:57 PM
There are carrots in the speed round.  Don't those count?

Yes, but most challenges don't require you to actually COMPLETE the speed round, just GET to the speed round. So you can bypass it all together by just hitting "New Game" before you get there, but after you got the first veggie, at least.

SmoothFox

Quote from: Barbara on January 04, 2005, 07:45:22 PM
Avoid the speed round at all costs.  Get to the last carrot and hit "new game."  There is no need to hit "take score"  think of it like a rolling snowball, the game advances quicker if you just keep rolling.  Going to the speed round stops the snowball.  For example, playing with the speed round at Zucchini, level 18 takes 15 completed rounds to move 1%.  If you avoid the spped round it is possible to move 1% after three nice long puzzles.  Yes, the longer the puzzle, the faster the advancement.

Is there an auto that will do what your saying? Stop after so many carrots?  The one I use takes me to the speed round

Moksha

I never could get the auto to ever actually miss the last carrot. Every 12 games it would, but other than that, it'd just munch on through.

Scarlett

I always set mine on Miss every 1 so it misses the last carrot.  However, the programs I have found that work with it can't hit the button to make it start a new game.  If you try to have one reload a page you just sit at the start screen.  You have to be willing to let the auto run if you aren't going to sit and babysit it to hit ok or new game whatever button it is that it doesn't press.  But my MM4 always goes to the speed round even with missing every 1.  Unless you are babysitting it I don't know how to avoid it without another auto and you still need to babysit to do as I stated above.

bob@pogopal

Sounds like a job for a helper. Have you checked the download section of this site to see if there is a helper available for it?

chrylbltn

Quote from: Barbara on January 04, 2005, 07:45:22 PM
Avoid the speed round at all costs.  Get to the last carrot and hit "new game."  There is no need to hit "take score"  think of it like a rolling snowball, the game advances quicker if you just keep rolling.  Going to the speed round stops the snowball.  For example, playing with the speed round at Zucchini, level 18 takes 15 completed rounds to move 1%.  If you avoid the spped round it is possible to move 1% after three nice long puzzles.  Yes, the longer the puzzle, the faster the advancement.

Barbara (I'm new here), when I hit "New Game" instead of "take score," I don't see the flash across the bottom of the screen that says my percentage. Is that okay? Is it keeping track, and will it just be super high when I do hit "take score"? I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Thanks in advance. :)

Homer

Just click new game your percentage will go up even though you don't see the scroll. ;)

Dream Faerie

Quote from: Barbara on January 09, 2005, 06:45:39 PM
One last thing.  If you are playing by hand and your game is freezing up, watch the board for the orange banner that says "you have won 40 tokens"  You want to wait until that banner goes away before you hit "new game."

Babrbara, you came through again  O0   ;D I didnt know that. :-\ 

realmanonlyone

Homer I like the glitch but now I can't get off of rank 40 fast enough and my grades are going real slow.

Homer

As you progress in ranks it takes longer to complete them. :(

chrylbltn

Quote from: Barbara on January 09, 2005, 06:45:39 PM
One last thing.  If you are playing by hand and your game is freezing up, watch the board for the orange banner that says "you have won 40 tokens"  You want to wait until that banner goes away before you hit "new game."

I must be completely stupid. LOL. I am so confused! Okay, I get all but one word (so the last carrot isn't munched). Then I hit New Game? Well, I did that about 3 times, and my score went up about 24% (I was on Rutebega). So it was averaging about 8% a game, which is pretty much the same as when I hit "Take Score" instead of New Game. After I checked my percentage by hitting "Take Score" I was at 54%, and I left for the day. The next day, I played ONE game, hit "Take Score," and my score went up by more than 50% in ONE game, and I was at Spinach. How in the world did that happen?

chrylbltn

Quote from: Barbara on January 11, 2005, 11:10:53 AM
That's pretty cool, you've to admit.  I was playing the other night and I was at zucchini 17 and all of a sudden, I was level 18.  This game is notorious for sending you back to apple though in the blink of an eye.  Whatever you are doing, keep doing it though.  Try to recall what room you are in and go back there.  For a while, some of the rooms would give you a jackpot spin just for hitting new game, even though you avoided the bonus round.  One thing though, if you get sent back, immediately log completely out of Pogo and come back in.  Don't try to start over until you exhaust all efforts to get back to your level.
Thank you. I'll remember that! I would have a heart attack if I had to start over. :o

Homer

Homer

Pho3nix

dang...  i made it to the kiwi round on www, and the dang trial version ran out... so i bought it... it is that dang bronze carrot badge (personal challenge) so hopefully, i will be able to get it soon.

Pho3nix

ok... thanks again oscar, not even 5 minutes and i have my code... once again you guys rock... keep up the good work, and dang you guys rock.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview