PlayBuddy
May 15, 2024, 11:07:31 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Happy Mother's Day

Started by Barbara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbara

---

chetta

Motley

That's very sweet of you Barb, I pretty much guessed which one was you.  I can't even put into words the gratitude, love, appreciation and awe I have of my mother.  I just had the pleasant news that I was going to have to have surgery to remove 3 wisdom teeth, not a simple pulling, but cutting and being knocked out...all the good stuff.  Because of the location of one of them, there is a 90% chance my jaw will fracture.  I never said a word about how I would cope with all of this in 2 weeks, with being alone with 2 girls under 5 and my husband being gone all week.  My mother just stepped in, already took her two days off of work and said she'd stay at my house with me.  I cried...I never had to ask for anything, she just knows.  I also know that she'll probably sit on the couch eating vanilla creme donuts, knowing full well I'm stuck sucking jello and yogurt for days.  But I'll still love her.

I have to have this done on May 17th...I hope I feel well enough on the 18th for weekly challenges.   ;D

Motley

Thanks Barb!!  I appreciate the offer and I may need the help.  :D

RocknRollGirl

Barb and Motley, it sounds like both of you have great Moms.  I have to say that I do not know where I would be today without my Mom.  She was there for me from the day I was born and is still watching over me as I write this tribute to her.  She brought me and my friends to dancing, piano, and piccolo lessions, and to taking Tae-Kwon-Do and getting my 2nd Degree Black belt in it to try and beat my brother who was taking it too......hahaha.  She took me to my Equestrian Horse Shows and cheered me on even when I did not place.  When I took an interest in Cheerleading she was the first one to say lets go find a good teacher to show you how to Cheer.  And when I was asked her opinion on what University I should go too, she never once said anything about her alumnus or my dads.  She always let me decide what I thought was best for me even though she know her alumni was the best University for me.  But above all those things that she did for me, the thing she did the most was tell me that I could achieve anything if I set my heart and soul into it and she was right.  She believed in me always whole heartedly,  without exceptions or convictions and she showed me and told me how much she loved me each and every day of my life.  So to my caring, loving and kind hearted Mother, I wish you the best "Happy Mother's Day" ever!!!! 
Also Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there in this forum and may you have a super day to celebrate.

RocknRollGirl

Thank you Barb, and I know your Mom is a gold start winner also.  And a Great Big "Happy Mother's Day" to you......for you have made me feel like I am one of your children and I am Proud to call you my second Mom.
Bree

Kelly

Nice picture Barb...and I guessed right also...hehehe.

This Mother's Day my daughter and I are standing in front of one of our local grocery stores and collecting coins for the Relay for Life American Cancer Society from 8am to noon!

I can't think of a better way to spend the day!! My brother wanted to take me to breakfast (he says I am like a mom to him...lol) but I told him to just come over and drop a few coins in our buckets and that will make me happy.

I know a lot of you know I am a member of the Relay 4 Life and I just love doing anything I can to raise money for this great cause.
Next year I am going to be the Captain of my own team called "Spirits in Motion"!!I'm very excited about it!

Just wanted to wish everyone a
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

Kelly

Hey sweety!! We are just drawn to you Barb that's how we know...hehe!!  I am excited about spending the morning with my daughter on Sunday....she's so awesome... I don't know what I would do without her!

kazandchip

Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mother who never ever forgets to bring me back turkish delight when she goes to a speciallied lolly (candy to you guys!) store in Canberra.Mum always buys the latest Patterson/Kellermann et al and then lets me have the first read after her. I am working Sunday :( but we will have a girlie lunch Monday

Motley

Barb, my guess came out of looking at the eyes, I knew right away which lovely lady was responsible for all the witty sayings here, you just had that certain gleam in your eyes. 

KS, although I haven't actively participated in Relay for Life, I know the dedication one has to do such wonderful things.  Sometimes it takes something unpleasant to wake people up, I was one of those people.  I thank you and the thousands of others who give so unselfishly to help the lives of others...there is no greater gift.  When my nephew was diagnosed with brain cancer at 12 years old, the meaning of life changed for me.  I started supporting Make-A-Wish once they stepped in and put a huge smile on a very sick boy.  Now, I adopt angels and come to tears each time a little child's wish is granted.  He had his 3rd surgery last November and is on a new experimental chemo which has caused his tumor to shrink significantly.

This for my sister-in-law...Happy Mother's Day...your wish has been granted this year...he has overcome the odds once again. 

And this is for my other sister-in-law...Happy Mother's Day...it has been one year since they found your breast cancer and you made it to teach your son how to drive. 

Adacia

You taught me how to love you by
The way that you loved me;
And by your unseen sustenance,
To see what you could see.
You gave to me through who you were
The gift of what I am.
Your pride in me is now my pride;
Your faith, my caravan.

Your life does not conclude with death,
Nor will it end with mine,
For all the lives I touch, you touch,
And so on through all time.

There was no name for the author of this, yet is very moving. Very Happy Mother's Day!

CaliPogoBabe

To all the wonderful, amazing mothers that we all are, or that we all have!!!

Hope you all have a great, relaxing and fun weekend - we all derserve it!!
[/b][/color]

hubby and son are wisking me away tonight for my mom's day, so i will talk to you all real soon....

~~HUGZZ~~

Jeffer

I doubt I will be around tomorrow(having to wait on my own lovely wife), so I'd like to wish all of you ladies a very happy mother's day.

P.S.  Barb I  can walk to Coldstone from my house.  Maybe that's why I'm on a diet now.. ;)

RocknRollGirl

"Happy Mothers Day" to all the mothers on this forum.  I am sending all of you a dozen of red roses.  Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed giving them to you.    Bree

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

RocknRollGirl

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

KMK92304

I hope everyone has as wonderful a Mother's day as I did. My three year old made me a pink iced heart shaped cake and a home made card. With the help of her Grandma of course.

shadowlands2

;D HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to everyone in the USA...We had ours in the UK a few months ago but I hope that you all put your feet up, relax, chill out and enjoy your day  8)
Lots of love to you all
shadow
xxxxx

Thunder

good morning and happy mothers day. i love mothers day my kids are wonderfull to me on this day and i thank Jesus for giveing me my family. my own mother has been with the lord for over 5 years she was a wonderfull mom. God bless all you mothers :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview