PlayBuddy
May 21, 2024, 10:16:14 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 5 or more dolls in one move 170 times this week! [Download Cheat]
A Way With Words : Make 80 words with all yellow letters this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Gin / Tiki

Started by cluck,

Previous topic - Next topic

cluck

Is there anyway 2 detect if an opponent is using an auto???? or better... is there anyway I can disable an auto from working against me??
Just Wondering

caroline196

i think with gin,its quite easy to see if your oppenent is using auto as there cards never move.

MidnightToker62

Not true.

I played Gin in a league and you could always gauge your opponent by the cards they moved. 1,2,3 moved to the end.....etc.

I could always tell how many runs they had ready to go and how close they were to going out.

I along with a lot of Gin players that I know NEVER move our cards around.

Takes a bit more concentration but keeps your opponent guessing.

Just to clarify, I have never used the Gin auto so I don't know how it works.

Just don't want everyone thinking that if you don't shuffle your cards, you're using auto.

MidnightToker62

Absolutely.

If my opponent moves 2 or 3 cards to the end of the line every play I start dumping high cards.

It could be the difference in changing a run in progress or sticking with what you've got, knocking or holding out hoping to underknock.

Another point to make is a lot of serious gin players don't shuffle their cards is because nothing is more irritating than waiting endlessly while your opponet shuffles and fondles thier cards.

cluck

Quote from: MidnightToker62 on May 20, 2005, 07:40:25 PM
Not true.

I played Gin in a league and you could always gauge your opponent by the cards they moved. 1,2,3 moved to the end.....etc.

I could always tell how many runs they had ready to go and how close they were to going out.

Just don't want everyone thinking that if you don't shuffle your cards, you're using auto.

I 2 am in a league... I don't like ppl using an auto in league games...
I also agree with midnite... I never shuffle cards... ever! it's like usin a poker face.. it'll give ur cards away if ur shuffling them around.

truckers41

barbara...can you  help  me  with  another  subject

truckers41

how do i get  the  little  icons  for  aim  and  msn  and  yahoo  in my profile

truckers41

ok  thank  you....now  how do  i  reach  him....lol

Homer

Yeah but I bought a pair of those x-ray vision glasses. You know the ones they advertise in comic books. 8) :P

To answer the question though you have to edit your profile information by clicking on the button. You can add the info under forum profile information.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

truckers41

truckers41

hey  it  worked  thank  again  homer

Homer

Homer

Quote from: Barbara on May 22, 2005, 08:44:16 AM
Thanks Homer, I appreciate all the help you gave me this morning and all the help you give the forum members.  You are the best.

Your welcome. I do what I can. ;)

smiles29

yeppers, thats why your an administer and we arent.   :D ;) :)

homelessdog

Quote from: Barbara on May 22, 2005, 07:30:34 AM
I don't approve of people using autos in any head to head game, be it league or not.
I agree!  I think it's fine to use an auto in game if you're playing against computers, but it's not fair if you're playing against humans.

Guardian Angel

Quote from: MidnightToker62 on May 20, 2005, 07:40:25 PM
Not true.

I shuffle my cards but being left handed I tend to start building on the right and go left, and some times to mix things up I put my runs in the middle and sets to the outside just to keep my opponents guessing

smiles29

as far as me, it all depends.  sometimes i shuffle from left to rite,  rite to left, and sometimes i dont shuffle at all.  it all depends on how im feeling.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview