PlayBuddy
June 15, 2024, 06:59:53 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pointless posts

Started by admin,

Previous topic - Next topic

ImRicherThanUAll

admin

It not acceptable that after many, many warnings, some users still continue to make completely useless posts, like "yea ok" or "gettn better lol", and things like that. If it doesn't stop, the user(s) will loose their posting privileges for a certian period of time. We don't want to need to do that, but some of them just don't get the idea.

ImRicherThanUAll

OK, i will stop and do as best that i can do thnx tom

bob@pogopal

I will say something thoughtful:

1. Don't sweat the small stuff.

2. It's all small stuff. (--Especially three letter posts. lol)

It takes me no time at all to determine that a three letter post contains no useful content. It takes me much longer to draw the same conclusion about a three paragraph post complaining about three letter posts. Everyone chooses what to get upset about.

If one is going to get upset about something, isn't it more reasonable to get upset about something that might have an impact on one's life five years, one year or even one day from now? Can't you get upset about the ingratitude of the Shi'ites in Iraq? Or the failure of the administration to properly man the occupation? Or the overwhelming marxist bias among educators? Or the price of gasoline? Or the devastating impact the AARP will have if they succeed in putting an end to the research into pharmaceuticals that will extend your lifetime by decades or perhaps even indefinitely?

Give it some thought, and I am sure you can find something truly worthwhile to gripe about. Or better yet, live a longer, healthier, happier life by not getting upset at all. Cortosol is a really, really harmful destructive hormone--you pay a terrible price every time you unleash it. Everyone needs to include cortosol on the cost side of every cost/benefit analysis before deciding whether to get angry.

wutupkid

just think of it like this. if you are talking to someone and the other person says "i see", "lol", or "that's funny," that person is not helping the conversation or adding anything to the conversation. it is considered to be understood and is awkward when used in a forum and should strictly be used in a chat format.

Element

exactly i agree with DJ lol very good points  ;)

ronandamee1

Its just ANNOYING..thats all.if you don't have something useful to say then don't say anything. If someone posts something funny, look at whats funny and laugh to yourself...we don't need to know or probably don't care you think it's funny by typing lol. If I check a new post and it just reads lol, soon, or gettin better......that sucks. and doesn't belong in a forum. forums are for discussing things. how simple is that.

ImRicherThanUAll

ya and im sorry my posts have been a lot better than the one - 3 letter phrases

Element

rider chill out man..dont go so crazy over somthing so small. you gotta see that this is a forum that anybody can come and talk on and you can be mad, you can complain and you can even ban people but the fact is its gonna happen and the best advice i can give you is stop getting mad about it and start getting ust to it. trust ive been there too and the only way i got over it was by being fine with it  ;D you can oly expect so much out of a forum  ;)

fatkid

Knowing already that bob@pogopal won't bother to read this (something to the effect that I'm an insane believer in Marxism...), I've got to say I agree with him... Let a_playa be... How hard is it Jeff to just pass over his "useless" post than it is to start an entire thread to bash his posting etiquette?  I know the admins have to take control of the board and to make sure things stay in line (avatars, language, drug references ;) etc...) but it takes all of a half second or less to read a_playa's 3 letter post and to move on... I think bob said it best, and quoted someone even better... Don't sweat the small stuff, because in the end he's right; "It's all small stuff."

ImRicherThanUAll

I guess but i have been making better posts see lol more than my 3 letter ones lol try to make mine as good as i can get them
Playa

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview