PlayBuddy
May 02, 2024, 03:55:14 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

my computer is down pleace help me

Started by nba_324,

Previous topic - Next topic

nba_324

I have window xp .my computer is stopped . i need help to fix my computer pleace. yesterday  i installed many programs to my computer . next day i turn on the computer it is show blue screen massage.

"A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOW HAS BEEN SHUT DOWNN TO PREVENT DAMGE TO COMPUTER.
                   UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
   IF THIS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE THIS SCREEN APPEARS AGAIN . FALLOW THESE STEPS
  CHECKS TO MAKE SURE ANY NEWLY HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MANUFACTURE FOR UNDER UPDATE YOU MIGHT NEED.
      IF THE PROBLEM CONTINUE DISABLE OR REMOVE NEWLY INSTALLED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE.DISABLE DIOS MEMORY OPTION SUCH  A CACHING- YOU COMPUTER , PRESS F8 TO SELECT OPTIONS".

I USED F8 AND I SELECT OPTIONS LIKE SAVE MODE,SAVE MODE NETWORKING, SAVE MODE WITH COMAND PRINPT AND START WINDOWS NORMALLY. i am try to get to desktop to remove the programs that i installed but it show the blue screen with that massage. this problem hapened to me last time but i restart my computer and it work . but this time it dost not work.
can you help me to fix it. pleace.  :'( :-\ :-X :-[

Homer

Windows XP Home Edition
Click Start.

Select Turn off computer.

Select Restart.

During restart, hold down the F8 key on your keyboard until the Windows Startup menu appears.

If your PC starts beeping then release the key for a few seconds before holding it down again.

Select Safe Mode from the Startup menu, and press the Enter button on your keyboard.

Windows should start in Safe Mode. If Windows doesn't restart in Safe Mode then please try again.

Not sure but try doing system restore from safe mode. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

fatkid

Try this LINK from Microsoft first.

On this forum I found some good responces to people saying they had the same error.

From what I can find from the MS site and other message boards where I checked it seems as though you might be S.O.L. NBA...  Unless you know how to use the Recovery Console with your Windows XP CD you will need to follow the following directions.

1.Backup Your entire hard drive.(use win98)
2.Run Fdisk.
3.Delete ALL your partitions.
4.Repartition your hard drive.
5.Format all the partitions.
6.Install Win Xp.
7.Have Fun.

If that's too tough for you to follow you may want to take your computer over to CompUSA or over to a neighborhood computer geek to try to fix up your computer for you.  For most of the people that I read about though, unless they booted their HDD in Win98 or even mount the drive up in Linux, there was no way for them to get the data that they had saved on their computer back.

Best of luck...

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Oo0oONoDaTaOo0oO

Had something very similiar to your issue. Except my blue screen said something in the nature of 'USER_NOT_FOR_LESS' blue screen. I downloaded a few pirated vb programs one day, and that darn blue screen would come up and require me to re-boot each time, many times a day. Downloading such, somehow one of those downloads i did hacked my registry. Which caused it to read to processors. Only a super computer can run multiple processors on 1 motherboard. There for when i use my pc to the extent the processor is working 50%, it starts to seek a second processor, in doing so, since 90% of us has only 1 processor it can't find the second 1 to run off-so blue screen crap freeze happens. Only solution is to reformat your hard drive. Make backups of anything thats important. Sux but thats what i get for downloading aimlessly.

fatkid

Super computers aren't the only computers that can run multilple processors on a single northboard... Heck I've got a dual Athlon XP 3200+ system... I mean if you want to refer to my computer as a "Super Computer" that's cool... But I sure wouldn't... You just have to spend some extra $ to get a motherboard that supports the 2 processors...  BTW most programs aren't written either a) to look for a second processor no matter what % of the processor is being used; most of the dual chip systems (mine included) are hard coded with the ability to start to transfer over the workload when a chip starts to process enough info, and b) even if they are written to utilize 2 chips, I would venture a guess that 99% of those programs would have the ability to detect if there was only a single processor running on the machine, thus negating the error you had... I think the problem you had gato problem was something other than looking for a dual chip system... ???

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview