PlayBuddy
May 21, 2024, 05:54:31 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

How bout a lil somethin for long time members!?

Started by RC,

Previous topic - Next topic

RC

I was in a poker room tonight doing the challenge and noticed someone with one of the dollar sign badges, for winning money in Pogo.. so of course I had to look at it to see how much it was for and other stuff. Well, I notice right off this guy just joined Pogo on July 15th of this year, as in just over a month ago.. and that's the normal Pogo, he didn't join Club Pogo until July 29th. The money he won was for just $10, but still, it's more than I've seen in the 3 1/2 years I've been there! He won this money on Aug. 11th, less than 2 weeks after joining the Club, and it was just his 7th actual badge that he had won, not counting the Club badge given for joining. And it's the only thing he has won, no Super badges with wallpapers, no regular wallpaper, no screensavers, or other crap like that.. just a $10 win on his winnings tab. I know I better get an actual win of something significant, of value, before my Pogo life is over!

caroline196

its just the luck of the draw.in my time inpogo i have seen many weird things with prizes,some peopl i have seen have won at least 11 $50 prizes,some a few days apart and even on 1 occasion i saw a jackpot in bingo won by a member who had joined the same day.go figure lol
i wish you good luck on winning a prize,just make sure its a big one O0

mn_curvydiva

Ummm ok...so life's not fair whoopee  ::)

May I never have so much time on my hands that I resort to viewing other peoples "pogo winnings" and being envious

C'mon it's Pogo..

RC

Quote from: mn_curvydiva on August 24, 2005, 10:58:09 PM

May I never have so much time on my hands that I resort to viewing other peoples "pogo winnings" and being envious

C'mon it's Pogo..

Ummm ok... but then you obviously didn't take it the way it was meant.. I'm not that envious and outraged, it was meant tongue-in-cheek. But nonetheless, a bit odd that someone new won already when others have taken so many JP spins you'd think the odds would favor them. I have also seen things as the other person mentioned, which is even more outrageous than the one I talked about.

Adacia

I've noticed that with jp badges. They usually get it shortly after joining. Not just jp's, but prizes. I was in tri peaks once and saw a player win second day of joining. I haven't seen many. I have seen more winning jp's with newbies

Barbara

Quote from: mn_curvydiva on August 24, 2005, 10:58:09 PM

C'mon it's Pogo..
Exactly!  Very well said.  I couldn't be compelled to look at another person's profile unless they had a cool new badge. I would take a moment to look, figure out how to get it and be on my merry way.

just-a-cheater

I am with you RC, have seen atleast 3 ones that stuck out in my mind - 1.) just joined the same day and won a $1,500 jackpot - anonther had just joined 2 days earlier and hit for like $500.00 + and the last one NEW all the way around and within 5 days won the $4999.00 jackpot, and as mn_curvydiva said - it is pogo after all -  so what's to stop them from rigging it huh

Jeffer

If you're playing Pogo for money, I have a some real estate you might be interested in.   ;)

bobbysbackup

Quote from: caroline196 on August 24, 2005, 10:55:06 PM
its just the luck of the draw.in my time inpogo i have seen many weird things with prizes,some peopl i have seen have won at least 11 $50 prizes,some a few days apart and even on 1 occasion i saw a jackpot in bingo won by a member who had joined the same day.go figure lol

I can help explain this one a bit... there used to be a lesser known drawing area for Pogo called the EA Sports Online drawings.  It was basically the same as the regular drawings, with a daily $50, weekly $250 and a monthly $1,000.  It wasn't as prominently advertised, and it limited you to only 100 tickets drawing could be purchased.  SO, it turned out, that if you threw 100 tickets in (10,000 tokens) every day, you had a decent shot to win.  I've seen some people who used to regularly play those drawings win as many as 15 times.  I myself had won 6 different times for a total of $700.  I only told 3 other people about these drawings (didn't want the extra competition! lol), my wife, a good friend, and a nice person I met in chat one day.  They all won on those drawings.  Unfortunately, those drawings disappeared in March.  I could tell you the last date, since I happened to be the winner of the last daily drawing held!   ;)

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: bobbysbackup on August 25, 2005, 02:27:36 PM

I can help explain this one a bit... there used to be a lesser known drawing area for Pogo called the EA Sports Online drawings.  It was basically the same as the regular drawings, with a daily $50, weekly $250 and a monthly $1,000.  It wasn't as prominently advertised, and it limited you to only 100 tickets drawing could be purchased.  SO, it turned out, that if you threw 100 tickets in (10,000 tokens) every day, you had a decent shot to win.  I've seen some people who used to regularly play those drawings win as many as 15 times.  I myself had won 6 different times for a total of $700.  I only told 3 other people about these drawings (didn't want the extra competition! lol), my wife, a good friend, and a nice person I met in chat one day.  They all won on those drawings.  Unfortunately, those drawings disappeared in March.  I could tell you the last date, since I happened to be the winner of the last daily drawing held!   ;)

Pogo still has those daily, weekly and monthly drawings. They're not advertised as much as they used to in the past but if you click on "Recent Winners" then "Prize Drawings", you can enter as often as your tokens allow. They normally announce the winners late at night but you can always check each day to see who won.

Jeffer

If you enter and you gave them your actual email addy they will tell you the winner at the end of the drawing.

Spawn O Satan

same thing happened to me. i had wona free month or so from McDonalds, and possibly during that trial period i won $20 in a spin. if it wasnt during the free trial than it was within a few short weeks of becoming a real member. (just checked my profile, exactly 2 weeks after joining)

I think they do it on purpose to sucker people who are either trying it out or paying monthly into staying longer. the more people they have as registered members, the more money they can get from sponsers and such

bobbysbackup

Quote from: SaintHippo on August 25, 2005, 05:08:38 PM
Quote from: bobbysbackup on August 25, 2005, 02:27:36 PM

Pogo still has those daily, weekly and monthly drawings. They're not advertised as much as they used to in the past but if you click on "Recent Winners" then "Prize Drawings", you can enter as often as your tokens allow. They normally announce the winners late at night but you can always check each day to see who won.

I know... but these were in *addition* to the main drawings. They were the EA Sports (or EASO drawings).  If you see anyone that has won multiple $50 drawings (before March 2005), then chances are, it was these lesser known drawings.  Again, they limited these other drawings to a 100 tickets max, whereas in the main drawings, you could be trying to win with different people spending millions of tokens on that particular day.  The main drawings simply aren't worth wasting the tokens on.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview