PlayBuddy
May 04, 2024, 06:10:06 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

as if club pogo would consider this

Started by TwistofF8,

Previous topic - Next topic

TwistofF8

This is an email I received.  Made me laugh out loud.

"Dear Pogo,
We would like to give you an idea regarding membership discounts. We who have paid cash for our memberships and now are members think a good idea for some of our tokens would be that when it comes time to pay again that we may use our tokens for the next membership fee. Here's what we came up with.

We think that for full membership pay that 500,000 tokens would be sufficient. You would only offer this to the members who have already paid cash for their first membership. So you still make money on the new ones coming in but give a break to the existing members. If that isnt sufficient for you then we also think that a discount would work at 100,000 tokens for 1/2 membership and cash on the rest. Please try to help us get something like this to work. After all we are what makes pogo work by playing and coming on site day in and day out. Thank you so much for your time and consideration on this matter.
Sincerely,
All of the playing/paying pogo members!"

butch1286

There are to cheap. they are greedy. I don't think they would do that. Would be great if they would though my membership fee is coming up again next month I will gladly use tokens to pay for it. I am willing to fork over a million tokens for it. 

Godel

Hmmm... lets see here....

Pogo give out about $100,000 a month or so, and they have about 150k club members, so that comes out to the club members paying *4,500,000, and its about $1,200,000 they give out annually... So like, where did 3.3kk go?

Adacia

Pogo will very maybe raise the fees in future. That petition either got deleted by pogo, or the spam caught it lol. It would never happen. I don't look as good as my mini, and he only cost me a quarter mill. I'll get in touch with 'Extreme Makeover' and see what they can do for my millions of tokens.

TwistofF8

Quote from: Godel on September 13, 2005, 10:54:58 PM

Pogo give out about $100,000 a month or so, and they have about 150k club members, so that comes out to the club members paying *4,500,000, and its about $1,200,000 they give out annually... So like, where did 3.3kk go?

oooh math!  my head hurts now!

sd1619

I hate that email.   Don't people realize pogo is a business and to think they would take useless tokens instead of cash is just crazy.  Next they'll want to pay their electric bill with tokens.

caroline196

how silly some people are.500000 tokens for a membership lol,what planet are these people on.
if everyone paid with tokens u would never get any new games and the prize money would cease,some people dont have the logic to work that out lol

Motley

Quote from: Godel on September 13, 2005, 10:54:58 PM

Well let's see...how about operating costs.  You know they do have to pay employees and pay to have that site going.  Not to mention all the other "little fees" that go along with running a business.

bratsbemykids

I am sure all the glitches and down time pogo has costs money, lol, some people get paid to be dumb.... ::)

butch1286

I am not cheap when it comes to birthdays and holidays. Just when it comes to buying things for myself. My birds are spoiled, I am not cheap when it comes to gifts for other people.

Roseybud333

Yup I agree with Motley. . . . they can't pay their employees with tokens lol. The pogo employees prolly have tokens at their disposal so I don't think this idea is going anywhere.

RC

I just got this message forwarded to me.. again.. tonight, as I did months ago I believe it is by now. And it was even sillier tonight than it was then lol. And it actually had 268 people signed on it by the time it got to me. That's gonna be 268 people who are gonna need to be looking to do other things with their tokens, or looking for help to pay for Pogo in a different manner. And 268 people who make people like me laugh when I get stuff like this.. no offense to anyone who actually went along with this, but you'd probably have a better chance of getting paid $250 for every person you forwarded an email to so that Microsoft could test their "email tracking system".

Barbara

This was discussed in a different post and I loved Av's reply to it.  "It is like going to the Hometown Buffet and getting a plate and paying the cashier with your food."

LaundryLady

I recieved one of these this morning  >:(.    Love that Hometown Buffet reference, I may use it as a reply to that silly petition.

Mari

Even if they would hike it up to like a mill I would go for  it! Its not like I can do anything else with the tokens!

That's a great Idea! Maybe we should a petition thing... they do thousands of those things for badges for something all the time... I think this is one people would really go for....

Hope it works out!

RC

This was a petition thing that has been going around for a long time now.. if you read all the posts from this thread you can kinda see how most people feel about it. It's a crazy idea that Pogo would never ever do, never ever ever, never never never ever ever.. and I stress never.

There are other things to do with your tokens, like spending them on your mini.. or if you're more of a dreamer and don't mind losing them with nothing at all to gain, then you can enter them into the cash drawings.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview