PlayBuddy
June 15, 2024, 08:48:44 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Updates as of 11/05 on BH

Started by Blu,

Previous topic - Next topic

reload39

can't seem to fine the update for sushi,checked the download page just the old ones there any help or post in the forum, O0

Blu

Quote from: reload39 on November 07, 2005, 06:30:59 AM
can't seem to fine the update for sushi,checked the download page just the old ones there any help or post in the forum, O0

Did you look on Badgehelp? It says:

*** 10/31/05 UPDATE **** Delete any sushi program you have that does not work and redownload. 98/ME support has been added to sushi.

greenflash

Quote from: BadgeHelpOscar on November 06, 2005, 05:17:34 PM
If you are running something, have paid for it and enjoy it, there is no need to upgrade or do anything.

Now this is good news!!!    ;D

Gerald

Is it just me or does the stellar sweeper auto seem to hit the change planet button sometimes and just hang there after that? It has happeded to me twice now I wasn't here to get a screen, but I'll sure get it next time.

BigByrd

Quote from: Autolover on November 07, 2005, 06:28:58 AM
Quote from: Capt.Howdy on November 06, 2005, 09:36:16 AM
works great for me as well, i dont think i will be downloading any of the newer versions. I dont like the fact that they install themselves elsewhere in computer,other than where i put them too.
<--not a fan of the shield.
I dont find anything wrong with these autos, all they do is add a shortcut to your desktop which is quite easily deleted if you dont like it, the auto still stays where you saved it originally  :P >:D

There is a shortcut on your desktop, and also shortcuts on your start page, and I've found a file folder in the directory called Badge Help.

LadyMystik

works great for me as well, i dont think i will be downloading any of the newer versions. I dont like the fact that they install themselves elsewhere in computer,other than where i put them too.
I dont find anything wrong with these autos, all they do is add a shortcut to your desktop which is quite easily deleted if you dont like it, the auto still stays where you saved it originally  :P >:D

Yeah, but the next time you open the program, the desktop shortcut and directory in "Program Files" reappears.

greenflash

Quote from: LadyMystik on November 07, 2005, 11:30:05 PM
I dont find anything wrong with these autos, all they do is add a shortcut to your desktop which is quite easily deleted if you dont like it, the auto still stays where you saved it originally  :P >:D

Yeah, but the next time you open the program, the desktop shortcut and directory in "Program Files" reappears.

I know. I don't like it either. I am having my computer tech come tomorrow and take a look.  Not too happy with this either. Beginning to wonder if autos are so great after all.   :-\

CindyLouWho

I deleted the autos off my desktop & they never came back.  I haven't deleted them from my start menu yet so don't know bout that part.  The newer autos (the one's I've tried) seem to be working real good for me so far so I'm not complaining.  I'm very thankful that now I can use some of the autos that I couldn't use before. 

LadyMystik

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 08, 2005, 06:13:02 AM
I deleted the autos off my desktop & they never came back.  I haven't deleted them from my start menu yet so don't know bout that part.  The newer autos (the one's I've tried) seem to be working real good for me so far so I'm not complaining.  I'm very thankful that now I can use some of the autos that I couldn't use before. 

Interesting. They keep reappearing for me.

So_Far_So_Good

Thanks for the new updates.I personally don't really care who creates these auto's as long as the keep progressing in rank and getting my badges.This is what i did to get rid of the extra files joshua's programs create.I clicked start highlighted all programs and deleted the badge help folder. Plus i deleted the install shields it creates when you run the program for the first time. So i only have one file of each program on my desktop.Then i made my own folder and put all the programs from the desktop in this folder.Again great work on the updates.

BadgeHelpOscar

We realize that 99% of people don't care who does them as long as they get done and they get done quick. We at Badgehelp had to make the best decision and that is what we did.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

beanie

as long as they work well with minimal to no baby-sitting I'm don't care who does them either, but unfortunately Josh's programs DO NOT work well with my computer-  I hate to have a program minimize what it wants and maximize what it wants.  I liked the ones that Bob did just because you start it and it sat right where it started and didn't take up the bottom task bar.  So although I have really loved this forum - if that is the only way these future autos will be made I will not be able to purchase them.  Kudos to those who can and have no problems but that basically deletes me.

Gerald

O0 I have stayed out of this because it is none of my business, but I'm having a hard time understanding all the bitterness that has been going on at this site for the last few days. I can read hear say about what happened at badgehelp, but thats still none of my business. Oscar tries to do right by his business by fixing some autos and getting rid of others. Most of you have been chewing is A$$ over changing some of them or some of them not working. OK when I go to the store to buy some software for my computer and it says it might not work on my particular machine do I call the company who made it and call them all, but what they are no. I feel you guys need to lay off the caffeine and take some Midol because it just doesn't make any sense to turn on the hands that have feed you for this long. This is solely my opinion I'm sorry if it offends anyone.

BadgeHelpOscar

We'll of course get it perfected. Each programmer has their good things and bad things. Joshua has made things and done things that no other programmer has been able to do and that is why we are going with him....besides the fact he doesn't let programs go for a year or so without getting updated.....and his backstabbing and spinning things to suit his own good.....well, the list could go on and on. You get the picture.

Joshua started last January (11 months ago) and has made over 32 autos. Including ones that Bob couldn't do well (phlinx)

Bob started a year and a half ago and has made barely 12. Ummmm, 'nuff said.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

holly312

bobby

LadyMystik

Quote from: Gerald on November 08, 2005, 02:21:25 PM
O0 I have stayed out of this because it is none of my business, but I'm having a hard time understanding all the bitterness that has been going on at this site for the last few days. I can read hear say about what happened at badgehelp, but thats still none of my business. Oscar tries to do right by his business by fixing some autos and getting rid of others. Most of you have been chewing is A$$ over changing some of them or some of them not working. OK when I go to the store to buy some software for my computer and it says it might not work on my particular machine do I call the company who made it and call them all, but what they are no. I feel you guys need to lay off the caffeine and take some Midol because it just doesn't make any sense to turn on the hands that have feed you for this long. This is solely my opinion I'm sorry if it offends anyone.

But, what you're missing is that people have paid for autos after testing them and making sure they work. For there to be a forced "upgrade" to a newer version that doesn't work is scamming people out of their money because we no longer have what we paid for.

In the case of your example, if you go buy a program unaware of wether or not it will work, that's a risk you take. However, in this situation, people try the autos to remove that risk and so we know what we're getting.

And, I doubt any software you buy at the store will "phone home" to the programmers and say "Make this person get a product OTHER than what they paid for". It's invasive and it's taking away what we rightfully paid for. We, the buyers, should decide wether or not we want the "upgrade", especially considering it may not work as well as the original that we have. Does Windows automatically stop functioning and force an "upgrade" when a new version comes out? No. Because that is, in a way, fraud.

Flame me all you want. I don't consume caffine, nor do I need Midol. I just wish I could KEEP what I spent my money on.

BadgeHelpOscar

I wish I could flame you, but this is precisely what Bob did....he forced people to switch over after they purchased the Vac.....you can either upgrade to StarSweeper and keep on truckin' or you can get a refund and it will be taken directly out of Bob's commissions. Choice is yours.

Blu

As with any company, when there is personel changes...some new/old workers must clean up messes left behind. I'm about 99% sure Oscar and Joshua will fix some new autos, make new ones, & continue on to help us rake in badges. In my opinion, if the other programs worked, why'd you delete em? Try em first, all updates had trial periods for a reason. There was no "forced upgrade" to a newer version. Did anyone try common sense? If it don't need fixin, keep it runnin. My oldies that still work fine, I kept em. And to the programmer of those...WTG & TYVM 4 them. I doubt Oscars dumb enough to keep non working autos available.

prettypuppy

Running a business is hard work and Oscar, as the owner, has the right to do whatever he pleases, including employing programmers.  Any programmer can also open his own business, if he pleases, too.  None of this is anyone's business and as long as the autos work, I don't care who makes them.

It was inevitable that Pogo would fix the glitch, making the whole point  about which auto is better moot.

Keep up the good work Oscar.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview