PlayBuddy
May 20, 2024, 12:55:27 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Question

Started by odomus,

Previous topic - Next topic

odomus

I have a friend who is not a club pogo member and she wants to know if clubpogo is going to have a nonmembers room for qwerty?????

SANATA

there will be no freeloader aollowed in this game sry

cranky

C~M

I noticed that the last 3 or so Club Only games don't have non member rooms.  I guess Pogo is gonna take away AOL freeloaders...lol

*Angel*

I hate to be mean, but let's do away with the AOL freeloaders!   >:(  Why should we have to pay, and they don't....LOL

LaundryLady

That's a little harsh, folks.  If it weren't for the access through AOHell, I wouldn't have become a club member.  I have enjoyed my last two years attempting to reach Badge Hog Goddess level.  If you want to see less of them, send them free passes.  We can always use more Pogoholics. ;) ;)

LL

Oh, I am about to get another (non-aol) account.

SANATA

i think pogo should become a all pay site iam tired of supporting freeloaders that get to play for nothing and we have to pay and i think pogo should do away with the pass also then maybe the games would be more stable and pogo would not be going down all the time or give club members there own site and let the freeloaders have this site that crashes all the time O0

PogoNutz

I read this thread earlier then went out with a walk with my wife.  Coming back and reading it again I'm a little amazed at the leap in logic that people that are not paying for club pogo are freeloaders.  There were times when I was in the Navy when I could barely afford basic cable and dial up connections.  The inference that this made me a freeloader is basically a load of crap.  People that are part of the basic pogo pay by watching those ads which generate money for pogo and help pay for that service.  When I was in the Navy, this is all that was available to me.  People that come in via aol pay excessively for that and you can bet you butt that neither aol nor pogo is losing money on that deal.  The fact that people can chose what version of pogo to play is their right and none of your business.  I don't know where you live or what you do for a living but "freeloaders" come in all styles.  Have you ever donated to this site?  No?  Wouldn't that make you a freeloader using your argument?  Have you ever served your country in the military, or public service? No? Wouldn't that make you a freeloader using your argument? 
You flat out do not know why people do not go with a full club membership and you are entitled to your belief that it is folks that aren't paying exactly what you are paying  are the ones causing the problems at Pogo.  Dream on with that, but if you recall, what site comes up first when pogo crashes?  Yep, regular pogo.  They need that site up for the ad revenue.  They already have your money.  BTW, do you pay by the month, 3 month, or year cycle?  Following your logic and all things being equal, need to cancel everything but the month to month service.
Oh, and in case it is any of your business, I have 2 fully paid club pogo accounts for myself and one that I pay for my son.  I also have 2 or 3 of the free accounts.

Now it may be that I misunderstood your comments but from where I stand in life, they appear to be pretty ignorant to me.
Knock yourself out if you care to Flame.

bubblegum

bill-very well said.  You said what I was thinking but couldn't put words to. O0 and I hope you had a great thanksgiving

PogoNutz

Thank you Bubblegum.  I had a wonderful day and hope you did too. 

Anyone that knows me knows I prefer humor and that I really don't like conflict.  I'm sure it wasn't the intent of anyone to go there but the whole idea that any group of folks is somehow inferior just smacks of prejudice and I'm afraid I just can't give that a free pass without expressing my views.

Now, I'm almost ready for round two against the leftovers, can someone pass the gravy :)

pogohatesme

WTG Bill!!   :D :D :D  I stand up and salute you.......and say ty to the time you served for your country, pogo, and pogo cheats!  We love ya!

P.S.--I've got pumpkin pie and pineapple upside downcake if ya want some after ya finsh that turkey!

PogoNutz

Quote from: odomus on November 24, 2005, 03:34:39 PM
I have a friend who is not a club pogo member and she wants to know if clubpogo is going to have a nonmembers room for qwerty?????

Hi Odomus,
It doesn't appear that there will be any non-members rooms for qwerty at present.  There are however 2 week guest passes available where you friend can try it out.  Please keep in mind that this is a fairly new game so who knows what the future will offer.  You might also have her pose this question to AOL or to pogo.  Perhaps if there is enough interest, they will expand it for aol users as well.

(of course, if you have a club pogo account, you can let your friend play all the qwerty she wants and you'll get the benefit of raking in the badges) :)

PogoNutz

Quote from: pogohatesme on November 24, 2005, 07:14:09 PM
I've got pumpkin pie and pineapple upside downcake if ya want some after ya finsh that turkey!
PIE and Cakey  ummmm, can I have a little of both (Hey, I was on a diet for a month getting ready for today  lol)

Lish

janet

Mr Bill, I am so sorry that you had to go for a walk to get through that.  Most of us know what you are talking about, but I still think there are a few people out there that don't have a clue.  So very sad for them.  Have another piece of pie, compliements of all that care.   :)

PogoNutz

LOL, oh the walk was fine.  My young bride of 26 years and I sometimes walk a mile and a half loop around the neighboorhood in the evenings.   It has a very peaceful and calming effect on me.  If I hadn't taken the walk I might have used some of my old sailor words that I am trying ever so hard to banish from my vocab.  lol

pogohatesme

lol Walk = More room for pie and cakey lol we know why you really went for that walk lol

PogoNutz

SexySagittarian

I just read this thread for the first time and was appalled at the callousness of some of the forum members. I thank you so much for saying what I would not have said as courteously as you did. I pay for 2 pogo accounts (that I became aware of because of the free pogo games I got as an AOL member) I also have 2 "free" accounts.  My free accounts were used quite extensively a year ago while my daughter was a soldier fighting for democracy in Iraq. It was one of very few things that we were able to do together, and the only times during the year she was in Iraq that I knew she was safe as long as her side of the game kept playing. I cherish the time I was able to spend with my daughter on pogo during that time in our lives. I have never donated to "pogocheats" but I feel I support them by having bought all but 4 or 5 of the autos they offer, but I spent a number of months before I bought my auto's using the free trial periods. I'm also reminded of the many members of this forum that use "free"  pogo accounts to double browse to get some of the pogo badges.. are they also "freeloaders? I'm happy for those members of this forum that are financially well off enough to be able to throw money at whatever they want as soon as they want it, Unfortunately, that is not the case for many members of this forum. I think especially during this time of year we should all take time to be thankful for what we have and to be especially charitable (if only in thought) to those of us that are less fortunate than others. I will climb off of my soapbox now and wish all of you a very happy holiday season.  Ginger

PogoNutz

Ginger thank you and your daughter for her service.  Is she home now?  I'm just amazed at how much technology has advanced in recent years.  It wasn't that long ago when I remember getting to call my wife once a month (if I was lucky) and waiting on mail call for letters that finally caught up with us, and then getting 5 or 10 at a time.  We used to number the letters so that we'd read them in order, lol.  My very last deployment over to the gulf, we not only had phones on the ship but email too.  I remember people complaining that they had sent an email and their wife didn't get it yet, and when I asked them how they knew they said because they had just talked to her on the phone.  My response probably wasn't the kindest :)

As far as this thread, I've probaby said enough already.  It wasn't/isn't my intent to make anyone feel unwelcome here.  I'd just ask that they don't judge based on one small issue and apply it broadly across others.  Yes, I'm probably as guilty of it as anyone but now that I've said my piece, I'll be leaving this thread alone.

BTW,  Happy Day After Thanksgiving Left-Over Day (I'd say happy shopping but the only shopping I'll be doing today will be on line.  My wife and daughter are braving the masses at the malls, I'll probably see them again sometime before Monday  lol)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview