PlayBuddy
May 02, 2024, 08:35:29 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Question

Started by odomus,

Previous topic - Next topic

janet

Mr Bill, I am just very glad that you didn't put your foot through your puter on that one.  Or you could have thrown one computer at the other computer and knocked them both out at the same time. I would have missed you very much and wouldn't have wanted you to stand in any Black Friday lines. 

When some people have such a poor attitude towards others I just have to feel very sorry for them.  There is something very important lacking in their lives and I can only pray that some day they will be blessed.  They don't understand that when they give to others, they will be given to. 

How is my Billie doing?  Miss her pretty face every day.

bubblegum

my husband retired from the navy last year after 22 years.  Often we played pogo as a way to talk while he was deployed and it really made a differnce in our lives knowing he was on the other end as well.   :)

SexySagittarian

Quote from: Mr. Bill on November 25, 2005, 07:58:49 AM
Ginger thank you and your daughter for her service. Is she home now? I'm just amazed at how much technology has advanced in recent years. It wasn't that long ago when I remember getting to call my wife once a month (if I was lucky) and waiting on mail call for letters that finally caught up with us, and then getting 5 or 10 at a time. We used to number the letters so that we'd read them in order, lol. My very last deployment over to the gulf, we not only had phones on the ship but email too. I remember people complaining that they had sent an email and their wife didn't get it yet, and when I asked them how they knew they said because they had just talked to her on the phone. My response probably wasn't the kindest :)

As far as this thread, I've probaby said enough already. It wasn't/isn't my intent to make anyone feel unwelcome here. I'd just ask that they don't judge based on one small issue and apply it broadly across others. Yes, I'm probably as guilty of it as anyone but now that I've said my piece, I'll be leaving this thread alone.

BTW, Happy Day After Thanksgiving Left-Over Day (I'd say happy shopping but the only shopping I'll be doing today will be on line. My wife and daughter are braving the masses at the malls, I'll probably see them again sometime before Monday lol)

Thank you, Mr.Bill for asking about my daughter. Yes, she is home now...well, at least she is in the U.S. She is stationed now at Fort Hood, Texas. They did have phone banks set up and she was able to call 2 or 3 times a month. They also had cyber cafe's where we could chat or play pogo games. Some of the cafe's even had web cams, so we were able to see each other in "almost"  real time (always a couple second delay). Her hair was always a mess, she never had make up on,  she needed a manicure something terrible, and she was always dressed in BDU's but she was as beautiful to me as the day she married. It would have been awful if we hadn't been able to spend that time together. Thank God for modern technology!

Thank you and your family for the sacrifices you made helping to keep us safe in our country. You, my daughter and the many thousands of others like you in uniform are real hero's in my book. Thank you.

As for this thread, enough said. Let's all try to avoid the shopping malls this week end and pogo like there's no tomorrow.

I think I'll go have some punkin pie now... ;)

undercoverangel

Quote from: Mr. Bill on November 25, 2005, 07:58:49 AM
I remember people complaining that they had sent an email and their wife didn't get it yet, and when I asked them how they knew they said because they had just talked to her on the phone.  My response probably wasn't the kindest :)

Totally off topic but I have to comment on this one.  I have been a Navy Wife for 14 years.  Started my marriage this way.  I remember the days of "snail mail".  And we did the number the letters thing too.  And some of the letters never showed up.....  I remember savoring those phone calls when he was deployed for 6 months.  I also remember when he went on his first boat with email and phones.  I remember the "newbie" wives who complained that their husbands didn't sit their and play email tag with them.  Or the wife who complained because her husband abused his position on the boat to call her several times every day on the government line.  It got the point with certain wives I told them to shut up and get a life.  They are not out there to play email tag with them, but to do a job.  Get over it and be glad you have that.  Me personally, I miss those days of checking the real mail box every day praying for a letter.  And I still have every one of the letters we sent back and forth the first half of our career.

On the topic, While I do not mind aol players having access to club games, it does get annoying at times.  When playing in bingo I have had more problems with aol players than I care to remember.  I am glad the newer games coming out do have club only rooms.  But it was because of the "free" games on aol that I found out about pogo-club pogo and decided to became a member. 

Sometimes people just need to stop and think before they speak, not speak and then think.........

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview