PlayBuddy
May 18, 2024, 09:29:46 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Mobile Questions

Started by CleoinOK,

Previous topic - Next topic

*Angel*

Quote from: Homer on December 23, 2005, 06:37:55 PM
Quote from: Jewel on December 23, 2005, 06:35:58 PM
Ok, I just got a spin..it said connecting...then it gave me the spin, then it went to a new game but I did not get a badge yet, this is torture, lmao.

So am I doing it right, though?

Sounds like you are doing it right. Wait until you get the ole dropped call when your phone is trying to connect to the pogo servers. I've come close to throwing my phone against the wall many times. :(

I actually did throw my phone.  LOL But to the floor not the wall.  Just a suggestion...Don't do it.  Breathe.  ;)  I got a new phone that I thought was better, only to find out it won't get any of the games.  >:(  Man do I miss that, "Cannot connect to server message."

Homer

On TP you have to win 6 games to get your JP spin and when your phone tries to connect to pogos servers sometimes you lose the call and your progress. I've since learned that after winning the 5th game to close the application so it saves my progress. That way when I win the sixth game and my call gets dropped I don't have to start back at the beginning again because it saved my progress after the fifth game. Hope that makes sense. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Homer

Quote from: *Angel* on December 23, 2005, 06:43:08 PM
Quote from: Homer on December 23, 2005, 06:37:55 PM
Quote from: Jewel on December 23, 2005, 06:35:58 PM
Ok, I just got a spin..it said connecting...then it gave me the spin, then it went to a new game but I did not get a badge yet, this is torture, lmao.

So am I doing it right, though?

Sounds like you are doing it right. Wait until you get the ole dropped call when your phone is trying to connect to the pogo servers. I've come close to throwing my phone against the wall many times. :(

I actually did throw my phone.  LOL But to the floor not the wall.  Just a suggestion...Don't do it.  Breathe.  ;)  I got a new phone that I thought was better, only to find out it won't get any of the games.  >:(  Man do I miss that, "Cannot connect to server message."

I would like to throw my phone but not when it is a $250 phone. Go figure. I buy their best phone and it doesn't have all the games. >:(

Jewel

Should I have started with poppit? Is it the easiest of the games to get the badges?

Homer

Quote from: Jewel on December 23, 2005, 06:47:20 PM
Should I have started with poppit? Is it the easiest of the games to get the badges?

I wouldn't know poopit is the one game I can't get on my phone.  >:(

I didn't think T21 was bad. It's way easier than TP. ;)

*Angel*

Quote from: Jewel on December 23, 2005, 06:47:20 PM

I thought Poppit was easier than Turbo but that's just me. 

Homer

I wish I could agree with you Angel but I haven't been able to get poopit yet. >:(

*Angel*

I am sorry.  Now I can't get any games and of course Cingular knows nothing about them becoming available.  They don't even know what they are of course.  I had a $100 phone and upgraded to a $200 phone and no games.  :'(

Homer

Sorry to hear that but the response you received is the same one I received from Verizon. They were like "Pogo what?" I've received the same response in person and via customer service on the phone. I sent Verizon an email to complain about the application not being available on my phone and they gave me a bunch of techie BS and pushed me in pogo's direction. I understand theses games are still relatively new etc but for companies who have resources like EA and Verizon/Cingular etc to be so disorganized is an embarassment in my opinion. If you can't make all the games available on a specific model you shouldn't make any of the pogo games available on that model. I know this sounds like sour grapes because I can't get poopit but that's exactly what it is. LOL

*Angel*

Quote from: Homer on December 23, 2005, 07:07:27 PM
Sorry to hear that but the response you received is the same one I received from Verizon. They were like "Pogo what?" I've received the same response in person and via customer service on the phone. I sent Verizon an email to complain about the application not being available on my phone and they gave me a bunch of techie BS and pushed me in pogo's direction. I understand theses games are still relatively new etc but for companies who have resources like EA and Verizon/Cingular etc to be so disorganized is an embarassment in my opinion. If you can't make all the games available on a specific model you shouldn't make any of the pogo games available on that model. I know this sounds like sour grapes because I can't get poopit but that's exactly what it is. LOL

I can understand your frustration with them, and I would be mad about being able to get 2 and not the other.  That is like them teasing you. 

Homer

Yeah....I'm pretty much over it though. At the rate they are going to start putting out mobile games I'm not sure I'm gonna put much effort into it. Running autos is one thing. I don't actually have to be there but the mobile games are a different animal. :-\

Jewel

I have gotten 2 spins now and it always says connecting after I get a spin, but my tokens at pogo are not going up at all and I looked very closely after this spin and it did not give me a percentage.  It just says connecting for a few seconds and then it loads more cards up for me.  Is there a way to see my rank on it? I am worried I am doing this for nothing.  :(

Homer

Jewel

Homer

There is no way I am aware of to check your stats. Maybe turning your phone off and restarting it might help you connect to the pogo servers. :-\

Oh yeah....make sure you are signed in to your account via the phone. ;)

Jewel

Quote from: Homer on December 23, 2005, 08:16:46 PM
There is no way I am aware of to check your stats. Maybe turning your phone off and restarting it might help you connect to the pogo servers. :-\

Oh yeah....make sure you are signed in to your account via the phone. ;)

I signed in when I first brought the game up and it said it would save my name and pw.  It is giving me my token amount on my phone screen after each game but my tokens are not moving any at all on the actual pogo site after my spin when it connects.  Ohhh I may pull my hair out and throw my phone soon, won't that be a sight? lol  :D

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Homer

Sorry. I don't know what the problem could be although I seem to remember someone posting yesterday something similar about some phones not working right. I wouldn't worry so much about the tokens. You really don't win a lot on the mobile games. I'd be more concerned with it properly recording your game progress. ;)

*Angel*

Quote from: Homer on December 23, 2005, 08:29:41 PM
Sorry. I don't know what the problem could be although I seem to remember someone posting yesterday something similar about some phones not working right. I wouldn't worry so much about the tokens. You really don't win a lot on the mobile games. I'd be more concerned with it properly recording your game progress. ;)

Yup, there is a problem with the uploading of tokens on certain phones.  The list is in Pogo Help.  Take a look there, and that may answer your question.

Jewel

Ok, ty all, I am not worried about the tokens whatsoever, I am worried that it is showing I am not playing the game at all and I won't get the badges, lol.

Jewel

Quote from: Homer on December 23, 2005, 05:55:31 PM
It's been a few months since I finished my T21 badges but if memory serves me right you advance by getting JP spins. Your progress is uploaded to pogo's server every time you get a JP spin. I think I got the first badge after getting my first spin. It gets progressively tougher though. :(

Others are also saying that one spin should have progressed me to Rank 1 and the 3 spins I have had should have taken me to Rank 2, but I have no badge at all.  I have to be doing something wrong but I can't figure out what.  I went to the help section and my phone is not on the list of the ones having token problems.  :(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview