This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Pogo Slots : Win 18000 coins this week! [Download Cheat]
Cookie Connect : Serve 70 customers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Glitter signatures

Started by Madonna,

Previous topic - Next topic

Snookie

ok this is my first picture, i followed all the steps and I think it turned out great!

pogohatesme

Jackpotloser

Snookie

this is addicting...i just made a new avatar...its getting quicker too

tigereyes

macktami95

ok again i am as usual having a problem
i got the steps down i even used your picture and opened it in psp and saved it but when i load it to image magick it has no background and after i change the settings and click on it to change it the next page shows no picture at all
am i missing something again
ive tried with 3 or 4 pictures and non will save with the background

Sweet_Karamel

Omg! That's right I got to put glitter into my pic. Now tell me how kool is this. LOL!

Shady Lady! Thanks.  :D O0

Shady Lady

Compare the 2 pictures... Can anyone guess what the next tutorial will be?  ;D

Shady Lady

Okay... Just tried a couple different pictures and it doesn't work with all pictures. So I modified the post.

Here's the changes I made....

1. Open PSP and open the picture you want. Click on the Flood Fill Tool (Looks like a tilted paint can).

Now Select a color. Preferably one that is not in the picture. Click around the picture until all around the outside of the picture is colored

Click for Larger Image

Click on Save As.. pick a file name. It will save with a background.

Quote from: macktami95 on January 27, 2006, 07:25:21 PM
ok again i am as usual having a problem
i got the steps down i even used your picture and opened it in psp and saved it but when i load it to image magick it has no background and after i change the settings and click on it to change it the next page shows no picture at all
am i missing something again
ive tried with 3 or 4 pictures and non will save with the background

Shady Lady

GLITTER PART OF A PICTURE
how to add more than 1 color glitter to a picture

STEP 1: GETTING YOUR PICTURE READY

You have to have a background for the Overlay method to work.

1. Open PSP and open the picture you want. Click on Save As.. pick a file name. It will save with a white background.

2. Go to <a href="http://studio.imagemagick.net/MagickStudio/scripts/MagickStudio.cgi">ImageMagick Studio</a>

Select the picture you saved with a background and click on view.

3. Scroll down to Optional Attributes.

Settings:

Fuzz 5000 ... will have to adjust for different pictures
Method... Replace
Paint Type ... Matte

4. Click on the picture where you want the glitter to show through. If it selects to much, click the back button and adjust the fuzz number. Click on the picture until you have it the way you want. Using the back button as needed.

5. Click on output and save as a gif image. Click on the image. Right Click and Save to your computer. Right click on the image and Click on Properties. Write down the image size.

Your image is now ready.

STEP 2: GETTING THE GLITTER READY

MAKE A GLITTER USING THE TUTORIAL

MAKING YOUR OWN GLITTER FILES

IMPORTANT: The glitter needs to be the same size as the picture.

1. Make a glitter files with glitter colors you would like to add. Make sure that they are the same size as the image.

Click for Larger image
These are the 3 I used for my image.

STEP 3: PUTTING IT TOGETHER

If you don't have <a href="http://studio.imagemagick.net/MagickStudio/scripts/MagickStudio.cgi">ImageMagick Studio</a> open, Open it back up.

1. Select the glitter file and click on view.

2. Click on Composite.
Settings should be Gravity Center ... Compose Over
Filename is the image you saved  at the end of STEP 1
Click on Composite button.

3. Click on Output and save as a gif file. Click on Image. Right Click on Image and save to your computer.

STEP 4: ADDING DIFFERENT COLORED GLITTERS TO THE PICTURE

1. Select the image you saved with the first glitter color and click on view.

2. Scroll down to Optional Attributes.

Settings:

Fuzz 5000 ... will have to adjust for different pictures... I had to make it 2000 to get the blue flowers to glitter.
Method... Replace
Paint Type ... Matte

3. Click on the picture where you want the glitter to show through. If it selects to much, click the back button and adjust the fuzz number. Click on the picture until you have it the way you want. Using the back button as needed.

4. Click on Composite.
Settings should be Gravity Center ... Compose Over
Filename is the image you saved  with the first glitter color.
Click on Composite button.

5. Click on Output and save as a gif file. Click on Image. Right Click on Image and save to your computer.

6. Repeat STEP 4 until you have all the areas with different glitter that you want.

STEP 5: TIME TO GET RID OF THE BACKGOUND

See Tutorial on Removing Image Background.

macktami95

well i did what you said and i got a background even made it white i dont know why i feel like im the only one with problems lol oh well
so anyway took it back to image mag did everything again and now i have the background but when i try to click on it nothing happens no change to the picture
my hubby was laughing at me because i was getting frustrated lol

Shady Lady

REMOVING AN IMAGE BACKGOUND

1. Open Animation Shop. Click on Open. Open your completed glitter image.

2. Click on Frame 1. Right Click on it and select Save Frame As ... give it a file name and Save as a gif file.

Repeat This for each frame.

3. Now Open Paint Shop Pro and Click on Open.

Select Frame 1. Hold the Ctrl Key down and select the other frames. Now click Open.

4. Click on Window. Select Tile Vertically (or however you can best see your frames)

5. If your background color is NOT in your picture, SKIP this and go to #6. If your background color is in your picture, Click on the Flood Fill Tool (Looks like a tilted paint can).

Now Select a color that is not in the picture. Click around the picture in each frame until all around the outside of each picture is colored.

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

6. Click on File. Then, Export. Then, GIF Optimizer.
Be sure Areas that match this color is selected and pick the color of your background you want to make tranparent. You may have to adjust the tolorance to get it to make only what you want transparent.
Click OK. Name your file and click save.

Click for Larger Image

Repeat #6 for each frame.

7. Go back to Animation Shop.

Click on Animation Wizard button

3: Wizard Choices
Same as the first image frame ... click next
Transparent ... click next
Upper Left corner of the frame  With preceding frames contents ... click next

Click for Larger Image

Yes, Repeat the animation indefinitely ... click next
How Long do you want each frame to be displayed? 10 ... click next
Add Image ...  Click on Frame 1 Click and hold the ctrl key and click on Frame 2 and Frame 3. Click Open ... make sure they are in order 1,2, 3 ... click next

Click for Larger image

Click Finish

Click for Larger image

4: Click on the View Animation Button

5: Click on File. Then, Save As
Pick a file name and save as a gif file.

macktami95

hope this shows up this is the one im trying to do

Shady Lady

What setting do you have your fuzz set at? That is the number you have to play with to get it right. I used 5000 and 2000, but some pictures may require up to 9000. You also have to have Replace and Matte Selected when you click on the picture in Image Magick.

You are probably just asking the questions that others want to ask and haven't.

Quote from: macktami95 on January 28, 2006, 12:31:26 AM
well i did what you said and i got a background even made it white i dont know why i feel like im the only one with problems lol oh well
so anyway took it back to image mag did everything again and now i have the background but when i try to click on it nothing happens no change to the picture
my hubby was laughing at me because i was getting frustrated lol

Shady Lady

I played around with it some. Because the colors are very similar you're going to have to start with a fuzz around 1000 and click several times to clear the area you want.

This is after about clicking 10 times on the dress.

macktami95

ok thtas what i wanted but ive tried everything even just went and tried 1000 fuzz and when i clicked on the dress and it came back with no pickture on the screen it keeps disappearing thats the problem im having it will even let me click where the picture should be and come back with still no pickture
does that make sence

Shady Lady

Sounds like it's a problem with your computer or connection. It's not the steps, but your losing information between your computer and the site. I've had it happen a couple of times. I just click the back button and tried again and it was there the next time. If it doesn't work, I'm not sure. I may have figured this stuff out but I know just enough about computers to be dangerous. My sister will vouch for that. She's had to come fix mine when I wiped everything out. Didn't even leave her an operating system on the computer. HE!HE!HE!

If the image is how you want it, you're welcome to snag it.

Helen

I hope this thread never gets lost so someday when I'm feeling adventerous, I can go back and try some of this stuff.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview