PlayBuddy
May 19, 2024, 08:54:47 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Easy Chicken And Rice

Started by Snookie,

Previous topic - Next topic

Snookie

this one is so easy..good one for someone who doesnt like to cook..

1 cup of uncooked rice..can be white or brown
1 cup of water
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of cream of celery soup...other cream style soups can be used
your favorite cuts of chicken..doesnt matter...then amount will depend on the size of your pan...
1 package of onion soup mix
cheddar and mozarella cheese to sprinkle on top

place rice in a 9x11 baking pan that has been sprayed with a cooking oil...like Pam etc

In a bowl mix the cream soups together with the cup of water. Pour over rice. Place chicken on top of soup mixture
Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the chicken. Wrap the entire pan in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours and no peeking!!! Remove pan after 2 hours, remove foil and sprinkle cheese over the top and put back in the oven until cheese melts....Serves four

crankycook

Snookie, I have been making that for years, my family loves it, the only difference is, I use 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, and no cheese, will have to try the cheese on it.  :) forgot to add, I have also made it in the crockpot to.

zzigzzag

My Grammy use to make that!!!  Made me smile reading it!  blast from the past!   Thanks!

Homer

I like a can of Chunky Sirloin Burger poured over a bowl of rice. O0

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Snookie

the beauty of this recipe is that almost all ingredients can be substituted...i have used pork and beef instead of the chicken and i also use different types of soup...its great to experiment...and all my single guy friends love this recipe

Homer

Quote from: Snookie on February 16, 2006, 03:12:51 PM
the beauty of this recipe is that almost all ingredients can be substituted...i have used pork and beef instead of the chicken and i also use different types of soup...its great to experiment...and all my single guy friends love this recipe

Ahem, your single guy friends would eat anything. Especially if they didn't have to make it.

Me on the other hand. I love to cook. O0 If I was married the wife wouldn't be allowed in the kitchen although I do suck with tools so we would have to swap duties there. :o

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

ElitePirate

:( How much chicken are we supposed to use...you left it out of the ingrendents...I would think that's the first thing on the list...heh

Snookie

you can use as much as will fit in your pan....i use a 9x11 baking pan

Snookie

Quote from: Homer on February 16, 2006, 03:46:46 PM
Quote from: Snookie on February 16, 2006, 03:12:51 PM

Ahem, your single guy friends would eat anything. Especially if they didn't have to make it.

Me on the other hand. I love to cook. O0 If I was married the wife wouldn't be allowed in the kitchen although I do suck with tools so we would have to swap duties there. :o
this is true but they love this one cause they know that they can make it for me with no effort...lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview