PlayBuddy
May 04, 2024, 12:18:42 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NASCAR

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a NASCAR fan?

Yes
100 (74.1%)
No
35 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 129

swamp

Quote from: gator8 on September 14, 2007, 05:37:26 PM
Quote from: swampboy on September 14, 2007, 05:35:03 PM
Quote from: gator8 on September 14, 2007, 05:31:50 PM
Quote from: swampboy on September 14, 2007, 05:29:10 PM
Quote from: gator8 on September 14, 2007, 05:27:08 PM
To show how 'sick' I am, Jr Nation (part of JRMotorsports) is selling advance orders for 'mystery number' t shirts and hats! To be shipped shortly after Wednesday. Guess who bought a hat and shirt!  :)) :)) :))
:))  you need a pin to wright #88 on it  :)) :-[

The email just shows and big "?" on the front lol
BTW David, if u get sunshine channel they are replaying the 1998 Daytona 500 the one Dale Sr won . I'm watching while pogoing.
:{ iam  lissing to the opry on wsm out in the barn trying to catch up on some paper work  :-{

This is doing paper work?  :)))  My Ms. Mini is ready for the nascar chase.
bbq21.gif   i seen ur mini  looks good  :!!

jrzydvl

report is jr is driving number 88  the bought the number from jarett and primary sponsors will be mountain dew an amp md

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on September 16, 2007, 08:17:03 AM
GO JEFFY GO!!!  :?:

Anyone hear a 'broken record'? :)) :))

Go Junior !! :?: :?: :?:

zeboo

bobby

gator8_24

Is this a typical Gordon fan?  :))

Posted on Tue, Sep. 18, 2007
Perpetual plaintiff sues NASCAR star
TAYLOR BRIGHT / The Charlotte Observer
Jeff Gordon has secret plans to put wings on the No. 24 car and fly it into Fort Knox. The car also time travels.
Gordon has a secret trap door in the car to "drop tic tacs and oil" on the racetrack, not to mention he stole the talking Trans Am, Kitt, from the television show "Knight Rider."

All of the claims and much more are in a federal lawsuit filed by Jonathan Lee Riches, a prolific and litigious inmate in South Carolina.

Riches, 30, is serving more than 10 years at Williamsburg Federal Correctional Institution in Salters, S.C., where he churns out fantastic lawsuits against everyone from President Bush to NBA phenom LeBron James.

His outlandish suits have a following on the Internet and have been featured on The Smoking Gun Web site, among others.

Calling himself the "Litigator Crusader," his most recent suit was filed against Gordon and Hendrick Motorsports in federal court in Charlotte last week.

Filed with a heading of "Recklessly Drivin My Life Crazy," Riches' lawsuit seeks $22 billion and Gordon's race car. Hendrick Motorsports did not return several calls seeking comment.

Neither groups who want to curb inmate lawsuits nor those who champion inmate lawsuits are pleased with Riches.

"Many of us would argue those are frivolous lawsuits," said Darren McKinney, spokesman for the American Tort Reform Association in Washington.

Riches has filed 31 lawsuits in prison, sentenced as part of an identity theft ring when he was living in Holiday, Fla., in 2004. Seventeen of the lawsuits have been thrown out so far.

The filings have become a favorite among bloggers, and Riches' lawsuit against Michael Vick attracted nationwide attention, even being mentioned on "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" on MSNBC.

There is also a detailed Wikipedia Web page dedicated to Riches.

Katy Parker, legal director for the American Civil Liberties Union in Raleigh, said Riches' lawsuits have a negative effect on legitimate complaints by inmates.

"They're having a huge effect, a bad effect on prisoner rights," Parker said.

Groups that want to pass laws limiting lawsuits by prisoners use cases like Riches' to argue their point, she said.

"They use it as a reason to throw out very valid cases," Parker said.

And, Riches' cases haven't been considered valid by the courts yet.

Riches usually mixes in political figures with sports stars and includes references to the latest news.

In August, a week after Barry Bonds broke Hank Aaron's home run record, Riches filed a suit in Indiana claiming Bonds did steroids hidden inside Aaron's corked bat in the batter's box.

"Barry Bonds on June 22, 2004, benched pressed me against my will in front of his Ball Park buddies," Riches wrote. "I also witnessed Bonds selling steroids to nuns."

The filing went through, although it was unlikely it was seen by a judge, Parker said.

"Even a crazy case brought by a patently insane individual has to go through the system," McKinney said.

http://www.thatsracin.com/242/story/7083.html

Homer

gator8_24

It is such a waste of the public money! There should be some way to stop those law suits.

Jewel

That is one of the craziest lawsuits I have ever seen!

Jewel

Homer

zeboo

gator8_24

Hey have u seen the new Nextel commercial with Jeff?  It's quite funny, wift gets aftr him to get some diapers and all he has is a golf cart. She is telling him faster Jeff!  LOL  maybe that's the way his car will be today! :?:

Homer

gator8_24

LOL  Just watching pre race and in an interview he called Talladega "Daytona" .Said he was thiking ahead.

GO JUNIOR!!!! :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

zeboo

gator8_24

:?: :?: :?: so far Junior is in the lead!!!! GO JUNIOR!!!  :^* :^* :^*

Tara

Junior sucks sloppy second donkey noodles  :?:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview