PlayBuddy
May 18, 2024, 05:18:11 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

left over pot roast?

Started by missminimouse,

Previous topic - Next topic

missminimouse

Having pot roast today,   wondering if there's any meals I can make with the leftovers.   Most recipe's i'm finding are for uncooked meat,    this will be cooked.    Also I'd like it to be a bit different,   so the family doesn't think we're having the same meal twice in a row.   Any tips?

nanners

THis is what I do with leftovers..IF you have taters and carrots with it..I put them all in food chopper .'chop in an onion to.. then put it in a casserole dish..add gravy and put it in oven for bout hour.. Looks kinda nasty but it tastes good..We call it Hash.. We like apply butter bread with it to..

nightperson

i usually dont have leftovers so dont have to worry  O0

Tara

If you cant find something to do with the leftovers...send it over here im starving...lol   

nightperson

were having steak,bp,salad corn on the cob tonight i cant wait :P

nanners

Pork roast in slow cooker here..mashed taters and cole slaw.. apple pie for dessert..

SI

One of my favorites for left-over roast is to shred it, cover with your favorite BBQ, add onions and green pepper (I also like to add a little chipotle to give it a kick), and toss it in a slow cooker.  When it's done, slap some in a bomber bun, throw on some pickle wedges & pepperoncini, and your good to go O0.

As for dinner tonight: miso soup, vegetable fried rice & chicken tempura ;D

nanners

that sounds so yummy DJ..i'll havae to try that.
thanx.. :)

pogohatesme

Meatloaf and mashed taters here......how about beef manhattens?  but the shredded roast between bread and cover with gravey.....and mashed taters

missminimouse

Answer to my own question.........I remember my mom used to make a beef hash after having a pot roast,    cut up the beef,    add some taters and onions,   fry it till veggies are done,   cook a couple eggs on top,  but not too long you don't wanna cook the yolks.

xsquezme

i cut the meat up along with the potatoes and carrots, take the juice add corn, green beans, and diced tomatoes and have a yummy veggie beef stew!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview