PlayBuddy
June 09, 2024, 06:05:59 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Mobile - General Info & Badges

Started by SaintHiρρo,

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: manninkl on August 08, 2005, 01:01:56 PM
Just curious if anyone has emailed Pogo concerning the mobile games. It does seem odd that some of us have Turbo & Tri peaks while some have Poppit & Turbo and very few have all 3 games  :-\ Just wondering cause I was gonna email Pogo and gripe  ;D
Thanks!

I'm personally staying away from contacting Pogo for a while because I haven't been banned yet or suspended because of the RDSS glitch so the less I talk to them right now, the better! However, my GF still only has Poppit & Tri-Peaks and that's not good enough for her because she LOVES playing Turbo 21 and upset it's the one of the three she doesn have (but she has the badges for thanks to my phone).

Barbara

Hippo, I just checked and I still don't have Poppit and Tri Peaks is still not giving me progress.  Doesn't Pogo know that they are wasting airtime with this nonsense?

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Barbara on August 08, 2005, 03:00:46 PM
Hippo, I just checked and I still don't have Poppit and Tri Peaks is still not giving me progress.  Doesn't Pogo know that they are wasting airtime with this nonsense?

Barbara,

You might want to try what luvmydogmax said about hitting "clear" when it's trying to connect to the server and just keep playing. Then in one large lump, let it connect to the server and progress that way. I haven't tried it yet but I might since I have free nights and weekends and last time I'd looked at the clock, uploading at this time was going to go against my little 400 mins (everyone I talk to has Verizon so made no sense getting minutes I won't be using).

Barbara

manninkl

Well I decided to go ahead and email Pogo. Of course I thought this would go over glitch free....this is Pogo!!! lol FYI if you choose the unlimited option when you download the game it doesn't cost you airtime I just called Verizon to check on that since I wasn't sure.  ;D

Barbara

Once and for all, one of you smart people who has finished Tri Peaks.  Should the rank progress percentage be going up each time you reach the final treasure chest?  This is making me mental.  I have no clue if I am getting anywhere here.

Barbara

Quote from: manninkl on August 08, 2005, 04:56:19 PM
Well I decided to go ahead and email Pogo. Of course I thought this would go over glitch free....this is Pogo!!! lol FYI if you choose the unlimited option when you download the game it doesn't cost you airtime I just called Verizon to check on that since I wasn't sure.  ;D
I am not sure about this information that you were given.  It does cost airtime unless you have the unlimited minutes plan.  It is my understanding that you can play past 9:00 PM and on weekends unlimited without accruing airtime charges.  I could be wrong though.  It just sounds too wired that we are using airtime and not being charged for it.

1Lone1

Is it just me - or is everything starting to evolve around Verizon these days - I would love to have Pogo Mobile on my phone - but i prefer Sprint over Verizon - not changing carriers just to get those games either -

Maybe these games should've come out for more than just ONE cell phone provider - those os us who don't have Verizon - will have to wait even onger now - just to get them

avs1roy33

As far as I understand, Verizon was the "test" company to see how the games went over. Sprint has signed a deal to carry the games, and other major companies are expected to follow suit in the near future.

avs1roy33

I think some people found the games under the Classic category. Did you check there?

Motley

Quote from: Barbara on August 08, 2005, 05:06:24 PM
Quote from: manninkl on August 08, 2005, 04:56:19 PM
I am not sure about this information that you were given.  It does cost airtime unless you have the unlimited minutes plan.  It is my understanding that you can play past 9:00 PM and on weekends unlimited without accruing airtime charges.  I could be wrong though.  It just sounds too wired that we are using airtime and not being charged for it.

As a long time Verizon customer, I can tell you that you are using airtime minutes everytime you connect.  So, Barb you are not wrong.  However, if you download a game like Ms. Pac Man, that doesn't require airtime usage, then Verizon is correct in the information they gave you about not using airtime.  Just make sure you check the very fine print under the game description on the website that states the game uses airtime minutes.  Verizon hardly ever gives anything out for free.  The "unlimited" in the game sense means you have unlimited access to the game, it is yours to keep. You can check your airtime usage by logging into your Verizon Wireless account.  

Motley

Quote from: Redneck88 on August 08, 2005, 06:17:42 PM
does it matter what brand phone you have as long you have verizon service?

You would really want a phone that has the "Get it now" feature.  A Samsung A650, which is what I'm using now (until the new one comes) is capable of playing the Pogo games and is on the cheap end.  When I got mine, it was $19.99 with a 2 year contract and I got another one free.

Barbara

Barbara

You just never know, the woman who answers may have a sweet southern voice.

Unfortunate26

Barbara

I just looked at the Verizon game site and finally, all the games are listed.  I finally broke Pogo's secret code in that Saturday=Tuesday.

katieshunnybunny(rangerboy)

Barbara

Um, they lied.  It is on the Verizon page, just not on my cell phone yet.  I am not happy at all.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview