PlayBuddy
May 16, 2024, 10:29:56 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

Quote from: hades on May 01, 2006, 12:54:07 AM
i want to see jim explain how the yankees are dead after theyre basically well past boston  :))

I'm sure there will be some "logical" explanation. :D

hades

Helen

Now....be nice.  Jim is entitled to his opinion. I for one don't want to have to eat my words if by some slim chance the Mariners wind up taking their division.  :o

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on April 30, 2006, 03:13:23 PM
Omg where do i start. Mariners will not even win 70 games hmmm ok. They will win somewhere around 85-95 games depending how eddie pitches and if we change closers. They are the LAA thats there name i don"t care if the play in new york anaheim, the only thing i do agree with u in your statement is K.c will not win. So is it true u are a LAD fan??? If so i will match your offer if they win there DIV. They are in a very tough Div and i don"t see them winning anymore the then 69 games at best 8)

1) The official name is "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim", not LAA as they like to use the initals of ESPN, CNN, Fox Sports and anywhere else so turn off the TV and let's get real. LAA would never be a team's name as you said above.

2) If they played in "New York Anaheim", I would be a little scare because the place doesn't exist so who knows what type of teams they're really playing.

3) Yes I'm a Los Angeles Dodgers fan. Do I believe they have a chance at winning their division? That would be a no but I'll accept your empty offer regardless.

4) Since I don't believe either one of the two teams will win their division, I'll make a friendly bet (well, can't call it a bet because no prize will be awarded). Anyway, lets see which of the two teams (Los Angeles Dodgers & Seattle Mariners) finish with a better record since we both believe neither of the other's team will finish better than 70 wins. Simple enough. No divison race involved, just who of the two will win more games. Of course, I can understand if you don't want to accept because you're still playing all your chips depending on "eddie pitches and if we (Mariners) change closers".

You let me know just so I can have a reason to follow baseball for one season! Cheers.

bobby

all-star voting is now open at www.mlb.com O0 you can vote up to 25 times

Helen

Quote from: bobby on May 01, 2006, 12:20:44 PM
all-star voting is now open at www.mlb.com O0 you can vote up to 25 times

Thanks for the info Bobby!!  O0

Helen

Jim, he may be having a decent season in your opinion and as a fan, you should vote for him. I personally wouldn't based on the fact that there are (IMO) better 2nd baseman who should deserve to go. (Soriano & Iguchi)

You can vote 25 times. Good luck to your guy.

SaintHiρρo

Nice to see you around Jim... are you going to reply to my "challenge" above?

Helen

Quote from: jim1975 on May 01, 2006, 03:19:53 PM
Quote from: Helen on May 01, 2006, 03:05:34 PM
Jim, he may be having a decent season in your opinion and as a fan, you should vote for him. I personally wouldn't based on the fact that there are (IMO) better 2nd baseman who should deserve to go. (Soriano & Iguchi)

You can vote 25 times. Good luck to your guy.
Soriano a bum he strikes out to much. iguchi he about the same as lopez. besides soriano in LF now if i"am not mistaken helen?

I stand corrected....he is in left field now.

bobby

check out iguchi's highlight on the mlb all-star voting page, it's probably one of the best plays you will ever see

Helen

Quote from: bobby on May 01, 2006, 04:49:55 PM
check out iguchi's highlight on the mlb all-star voting page, it's probably one of the best plays you will ever see

LOL.....would that be the same Iguchi that Jim says is of the same caliber as Lopez?  :o

bobby

Helen

Quote from: bobby on May 01, 2006, 04:53:56 PM
yep lol

I had to watch it and see what you were talking about. It was truly amazing.  :D

Helen

Quote from: jim1975 on May 01, 2006, 06:36:44 PM
Quote from: bobby on May 01, 2006, 04:49:55 PM
Wow very nice catch indeed.
The throw was right on the mark too!!! :D

hades

thanks for the reminder about voting  ;)

Helen

Helen

Maybe it was Boston that got lucky yesterday???  :)) :)) j/k ya Jim

hades

yes jim...the yankees will never beat the red sox again according to you  :))

Helen

Quote from: jim1975 on May 02, 2006, 11:30:30 PM
Quote from: hades on May 02, 2006, 11:12:41 PM
yes jim...the yankees will never beat the red sox again according to you  :))
I agree with u 100% hades. I knew u would see how awful they yankees really r. Welcome to the yankees hatres club :))
Jim.......I don't think that was exactly what hades was saying..... :))

hades

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview