PlayBuddy
May 16, 2024, 10:55:22 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby

Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 04:13:45 PM
Quote from: bobby on May 03, 2006, 03:55:00 PM
and the M's got another 3 game against the sox, but now their @home >:D i gotta get my broom ready jim :))
Well it"s only a 2 game series and the mariners will take both of them. Who pitching tonight for the whitesox.? Oh ya it"s the ex mariner freddy He"s a bum easy win tonight
i guess pablo ozuna was too much for ya today jim :)) 1st major league homerun with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth :))

bobby

he reminds me of damaso marte from the sox last year, we could be up by 1 or 5 and he would always blow it, then, we got bobby and now.... you know the rest O0

Helen

Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 08:51:42 PM
The sad thing is we have putz that could close he been lights out. If Eddie ever closes for this team again after tonight mike needs to be fired also because he has blown 4 of 7 saves and the 3 saves he does have  been only by luck he has not blown the other 3 games also. Eddie has to be sent packing or sent to double a or on the DL I"am just so pissed right now. we overcome a grandslam and take a 1 run lead. I knew has soon as i saw Eddie come in we would lose the game. Hell who is that guy that hit that homerun has he ever even hit a hr in his life lol just unreal

Quotei guess pablo ozuna was too much for ya today jim  1st major league homerun with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth
According to Bobby....it was his 1st ever!!  :))  :))

bobby

nope, 1st mlb hr :D, ozuna is our pinch hitter for usually a bench player, he's descent though last year he had a few game-winning hits, he's batting 11 for 21 this year  ;)

Helen

Quote from: bobby on May 03, 2006, 08:58:03 PM
nope, 1st mlb hr :D, ozuna is our pinch hitter for usually a bench player, he's descent though last year he had a few game-winning hits, he's batting 11 for 21 this year  ;)

.524.....not bad for a pinch hitter!!!

bobby

and tomorrow the sox have contreras going up vs hernandez, contreras hasn't lost a regular season game since sometime last july O0

Helen

Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 09:00:54 PM
If forsome reason Eddie pitches again tomarrow. I pray someone hits a linedrive off Eddie head. or someone beats him with there bat

That's not nice Jim. If he winds up getting traded.....watch him go somewhere else and be a STAR!!!  :))  Then you'll be  :'( saying they should have kept him.

bobby

the marlins could use a closer, i bet if an offer was made they would take him 8)

Helen

Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 09:10:43 PM
Quote from: Helen on May 03, 2006, 09:06:45 PM
If forsome reason Eddie pitches again tomarrow. I pray someone hits a linedrive off Eddie head. or someone beats him with there bat

That's not nice Jim. If he winds up getting traded.....watch him go somewhere else and be a STAR!!!  :))  Then you'll be  :'( saying they should have kept him.
He would"nt and no way anyone would ever give up anything for Eddie. he sucks and is awful and i son"t care if it"s not nice i hope it still happens if mike lets him ever close again and i hope he hurt i"ve had it with this clown

If they scored more runs they wouldn't have to bring him in.  :)) :))

bobby

Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 09:19:36 PM
Quote from: Helen on May 03, 2006, 09:14:04 PM
Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 09:10:43 PM
Quote from: Helen on May 03, 2006, 09:06:45 PM
he'll finish 9-2 and win N.L. comeback player of the year once he's traded :)) :))
He would"nt and no way anyone would ever give up anything for Eddie. he sucks and is awful and i son"t care if it"s not nice i hope it still happens if mike lets him ever close again and i hope he hurt i"ve had it with this clown

If they scored more runs they wouldn't have to bring him in.  :)) :))
A closers suppose to protect a lead when u have one. Whice Eddie does not. and the marlins can have him for all i care

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 08:42:42 PM
Quote from: bobby on May 03, 2006, 08:37:38 PM
Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 04:13:45 PM
Quote from: bobby on May 03, 2006, 03:55:00 PM
and the M's got another 3 game against the sox, but now their @home >:D i gotta get my broom ready jim :))
Well it"s only a 2 game series and the mariners will take both of them. Who pitching tonight for the whitesox.? Oh ya it"s the ex mariner freddy He"s a bum easy win tonight
i guess pablo ozuna was too much for ya today jim :)) 1st major league homerun with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth :))
Eddie has been releashed by the seattle mariners. The guy is awful he is the sole reason we are not in first place

Wait, maybe the game of baseball changed since I last cared. One player (this Eddie person) was the "sole reason" why you guys are not in 1st place. You're saying a closer is the "sole reason" why you're not in 1st place? Maybe I'm still new to the sport but run support & defense is what I believe helps win a game. If you score enough runs and you play defense, you can overcome maybe 1 homerun (like the White Sox did Wednesday night in the 9th). I don't know, maybe I should learn what the factors for being the "sole reason" of anything but I don't honestly believe he's the only reason!

bobby

ya, and jim, tell your outfielders to move in about 100 OR SO FEET!!!

bobby

why the he!! would the dodgers want eddie when they have gagne O0 ???

Helen

Actually, I think Eddie is doing great. He keeps on the way he is, Hippo will win your bet with no problem..... :)) :)) :))

Helen

Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 09:48:50 PM
Quote from: bobby on May 03, 2006, 09:45:40 PM
Don"t know. But hippo seems to think he"s doing alright and it"s the Defenses, hitters, problems Eddie losing game after game

Jim....there are 9 players in the starting lineup (10 in the AL). One player doesn't win or lose a game on their own. Sure, someone can get the winning hit, a stolen base, strike out the last batter....but it's 9 innings and 9 players.

bobby

Quote from: Helen on May 03, 2006, 09:52:09 PM
Don"t know. But hippo seems to think he"s doing alright and it"s the Defenses, hitters, problems Eddie losing game after game

Jim....there are 9 players in the starting lineup (10 in the NL). One player doesn't win or lose a game on their own. Sure, someone can get the winning hit, a stolen base, strike out the last batter....but it's 9 innings and 9 players.
other way around 10 in A.L. 9 in N.L. :P

Helen

Quote from: bobby on May 03, 2006, 09:55:26 PM
Quote from: Helen on May 03, 2006, 09:52:09 PM

Jim....there are 9 players in the starting lineup (10 in the NL). One player doesn't win or lose a game on their own. Sure, someone can get the winning hit, a stolen base, strike out the last batter....but it's 9 innings and 9 players.
other way around 10 in A.L. 9 in N.L. :P

That's what I said.....lol. j/k That's what I meant though.... ;D

hades

lol jim seems alil angry.dont worry jim by time one of your teams wins a world series again none of us will be alive to see it  :))

Blu

Quote from: jim1975 on May 04, 2006, 12:40:31 AM
Maybe even this yr if Eddie is removed as closer whice i think he will be .If not there will be a press conf on mike being fired as manger of the mariners. I don"t think ownership going to sit around and do nothing about it if they don"t safeco will have no one there and mariners will be lucky if the get 3000 ppl in there
They get 3000 fans now? Seattle has a team?

Helen

Jim....do you live in Seattle and do you attend the games? That would leave only 2,999 more to go.

Do you think they'd fire the manager this early in the season?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview