PlayBuddy
May 15, 2024, 11:23:27 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on May 03, 2006, 09:42:21 PM
Quote from: SaintHippo on May 03, 2006, 09:24:54 PM
Wait, maybe the game of baseball changed since I last cared. One player (this Eddie person) was the "sole reason" why you guys are not in 1st place. You're saying a closer is the "sole reason" why you're not in 1st place? Maybe I'm still new to the sport but run support & defense is what I believe helps win a game. If you score enough runs and you play defense, you can overcome maybe 1 homerun (like the White Sox did Wednesday night in the 9th). I don't know, maybe I should learn what the factors for being the "sole reason" of anything but I don't honestly believe he's the only reason!
WTF we have done that we had great pitching great Defense and we scored runs what more are the hitters suppose to do score a 150 runs games and hold a lead he"s blown 4 of seven games he"s pitched in and it"s only by the luck of god he has not blown all 7 games. The 3 games he did save was because the Defense made outstanding plays to get eddie out of jams He had baseloaded no one out and his Defense saved his butt and another time he had a runner on 3rd no one out and his Defense again saved his butt. there only some much a team can do. Eddie simpley can"t pitch anymore and sainthippo if u think Eddie so good he can pitch for the LAD and blow games for u all lol
Ok, because I'm not up on Seattle baseball, I went to check out their stats. Eddie leads the Mariners in saves with 4. He also has 2 losses and 3 blown saves. He may have given up the game tying run last night but he didn't give up the game winner, that would be James Woods. Lets look at the number of people they left on base last night... 12! That's not good but I'm sure that's also Eddie's fault. Number of hits... 9. 9 hits?!?!?!?!? So much for run support. Hell, Ichiro didn't even get 1 hit last night but I'm sure that's Eddie's fault.

Lets look at his last loss... game tied going into the 9th. He gave up 1 run but you guys still had a chance to get that run back. Guess y'all couldn't score then when it mattered. Game against Oakland... y'all lose zero to three. No run support there and the winner pitcher has an ERA of 4.63... if y'all got those 4 runs, they would have won! But I'm sure it's Eddie's fault.

It's amazing how much one person could be the sole reason for losing games.

Helen

It's still beyond me how Jim can blame the team's losing on just one player.  ???

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on May 04, 2006, 10:20:27 AM
Quote from: Helen on May 04, 2006, 08:45:05 AM
Jim....do you live in Seattle and do you attend the games? That would leave only 2,999 more to go.

Do you think they'd fire the manager this early in the season?
Yes by the end of may if we don"t start winning on a reg bases

The one thing about baseball I don't understand is why they fire the skipper when he doesn't tell the players how to hit or what to pitch. He's not out on the field directing players how to catch a ball. Baseball is nothing like the other sports in which there is always some type of game plan that needs to be created. Football, you design offensive and defensive plays. Basketball is the same. Hockey, you have certain plays designed depending on where you're at in the game. Then there is baseball... where you're doing nothing about 90% of the game. Standing there, scratching (sp?) yourself and it's the manager's fault if you have a bad season?!?!?! Leave the manager, get rid of the players. Maybe it's another example of my lack of baseball knowledge (which I'm not ashamed to admit is very little)

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on May 04, 2006, 10:34:35 AM
Quote from: Helen on May 04, 2006, 10:28:43 AM
It's still beyond me how Jim can blame the team's losing on just one player.  ???
Because it"s a fact. Iam by no means saying other players have not been playing the way they should. but if Eddie wins those 4 games he has blowen the Mariners would be leading the AL WEST. Even the 3 saves Eddie did save were ugly saves. Anyways i"am done talking about Eddie he makes me sick when i have think about his name

He has 4 saves and 3 blown saved and "it's a fact".... last time I check, you guys lost 17 games. He's clearly not the "sole reason" hence your fact isn't a fact but an opinion.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on May 04, 2006, 10:44:52 AM
I already said someother players are not playing the way they should. But Eddie still the reason we are not in first and that we are under 500 right now. If he saves those 4 games are record would be 17-12 and not 12-17

He has 3 blown saves. If he won those games, the record would be 15-14, just above the 500% mark. 17 minus 4 equals 13, not 12. Also, if some other players are not playing the way they should, then he can't be the sole reason for them losing. Heck, how many games did y'all lose when you score only 1 run or less (zero is less)... 6 games! How many did y'all win when you score only 1 run (can't win any games with less than that?).... zero, the big donut, nada! Score some runs, help out those pitchers so they're not put into a position to possibly lose the game. It doesn't matter who's pitching in the 9th if the bats are producing.

hades

Quote from: Helen on May 04, 2006, 10:28:43 AM

next he will blame arod for leaving. and saying thats why they arent in first  >:D

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on May 04, 2006, 11:00:56 AM
Quote from: SaintHippo on May 04, 2006, 10:57:05 AM
Quote from: jim1975 on May 04, 2006, 10:44:52 AM
I already said someother players are not playing the way they should. But Eddie still the reason we are not in first and that we are under 500 right now. If he saves those 4 games are record would be 17-12 and not 12-17

He has 3 blown saves. If he won those games, the record would be 15-14, just above the 500% mark. 17 minus 4 equals 13, not 12. Also, if some other players are not playing the way they should, then he can't be the sole reason for them losing. Heck, how many games did y'all lose when you score only 1 run or less (zero is less)... 6 games! How many did y'all win when you score only 1 run (can't win any games with less than that?).... zero, the big donut, nada! Score some runs, help out those pitchers so they're not put into a position to possibly lose the game. It doesn't matter who's pitching in the 9th if the bats are producing.
BLAH BLAH BLAH Eddie still blows.and hes the reason we are under 500
Game, set, match. Winner: Hippo!

hades

maybe its cause they just arent a good team? ichiro is getting up there in years too now  ;)

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on May 04, 2006, 11:06:38 AM
The team has not played good.

See, that comment alone proves your earlier comment about someone being the "sole reason" for losing as wrong! If the team is not playing well, then it's not one person's fault. This is not an individual sport like golf... it's a team sport and if the team is playing bad, then the team is the reason for losing.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on May 04, 2006, 11:12:12 AM
Quote from: SaintHippo on May 04, 2006, 11:09:50 AM

See, that comment alone proves your earlier comment about someone being the "sole reason" for losing as wrong! If the team is not playing well, then it's not one person's fault. This is not an individual sport like golf... it's a team sport and if the team is playing bad, then the team is the reason for losing.
Whatever

Battleship sunk! Winner: (You are no) Saint Hippo

Helen

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 04, 2006, 11:09:50 AM

That's what I've been saying all along. You know it and so does everyone else that reads the posts here.....except for Jim.  :P

Helen

Quote from: jim1975 on May 04, 2006, 12:47:11 PM
HAHAHA WHITESOX CAN"T THROW A STRIKE WALKING BATTERS IN :)) :)) DOWN BY 4 NOW 3 WE STILL WALKING AROUND THE BASES

Maybe they should "fire the manager" cause it's his fault? ?

SaintHiρρo

HAHAHA WHITESOX CAN"T THROW A STRIKE WALKING BATTERS IN :)) :)) DOWN BY 4 NOW 3 WE STILL WALKING AROUND THE BASES

Maybe we should laugh at the fact the only way they're scoring right now is by being walked!  :))

Helen

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 04, 2006, 12:49:13 PM

Maybe we should laugh at the fact the only way they're scoring right now is by being walked!  :))

Gooooood point Hippo..... :))  :))

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on May 04, 2006, 01:03:14 PM
Quote from: Helen on May 04, 2006, 12:50:28 PM
Quote from: SaintHippo on May 04, 2006, 12:49:13 PM

Gooooood point Hippo..... :))  :))
Runs are runs no matter how u get them

Correct runs are runs but if they don't get a few more... those runs will all be for naught and they will have another "L" added to their record. Then, of course, it will be Eddie's fault!

SaintHiρρo

That was an awesome 8th from the Mariners. I mean, I went to get the mail from outside and when I came back, the bottom of the 8th started. What happened? I'm sure Eddie went up to bat for the entire side and instead of hitting, he told them where they should throw the ball because he doesn't throw there and got the entire side out!

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on May 04, 2006, 01:26:55 PM
Oh well we lost both games. Thanks Eddie hopefully the mariners will get new life since Eddie no longer the closer

Total number of runs batted in by the Mariners: zero. Total number of runs given to them by the White Soxs: 1. Total number of balls thrown, number of balls hit, number of at bat appearances & number of anything from Eddie today: zero. Fault for losing: Eddie....

I'm sure at the end of the year, we'll all point to this week as the reason why Seattle doesn't make the playoffs yet again.

Helen

Guess the walks didn't help them, huh? :P

SaintHiρρo

Maybe that's the reason they loss. They were too busy walking around the bases instead of running home...  :))

Helen

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 04, 2006, 01:43:06 PM

Maybe that's the reason they loss. They were too busy walking around the bases instead of running home...  :))

:oo That was funny!!  :))  :))  I was going to say it and decided against it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview