PlayBuddy
May 16, 2024, 09:20:44 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby

no, they just can't score a single run on 9 hits ;D

bobby

Quote from: jim1975 on May 07, 2006, 05:26:27 PM
Quote from: bobby on May 07, 2006, 05:20:04 PM
happens to everyteam i baseball we will get them tomarrow still plenty of time to get out of are hitting slump no big deal ;:" we only 4 games from taking over first place in the al west. as along as we can keep it close while we fight thougth the mariners lack of scoring runs we will be fine. I feel a break out coming soon and the mariners will go on a tear
a tear to 20 games under .500 by summer  :P

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: bobby on May 07, 2006, 05:35:06 PM
happens to everyteam i baseball we will get them tomarrow still plenty of time to get out of are hitting slump no big deal ;:" we only 4 games from taking over first place in the al west. as along as we can keep it close while we fight thougth the mariners lack of scoring runs we will be fine. I feel a break out coming soon and the mariners will go on a tear

20? I was going to be nice and say 11 games under .500 by the end of July

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on May 07, 2006, 05:57:19 PM
Quote from: SaintHippo on May 07, 2006, 05:39:35 PM
Quote from: bobby on May 07, 2006, 05:35:06 PM

20? I was going to be nice and say 11 games under .500 by the end of July
Mariners will be inleast .500 worst case and in first or within 1 or 2 games

Had to fix your quote because I don't want people thinking I made that foolish comment about the Mariners being at least .500 "worst case"...

HIPPO EDIT: I see how you messed up my quote earlier. You changed my "11 games under" to "15 games over" and completely screwed it up. Nice try, however.

Helen

Jim....how can it be a hitting slump when they got 9 hits and did NOT produce 1 run?  :))

hades

the big tear jims talkin about is the mariners winning three in a row  :))

RowdyOne

JIm if i was you i would start cheering on a much better team then the Mariners lol Why do you think the Baseball Gods put them in a 4 team division in the first place? huh huh? The reason is because all 4 of those teams SUCK He** they couldn't compete in a 6 team division if their lives depended on it or their salaries  :)) :)) :)) :))

So your saying and you keep saying your team is only 4 games back in a 4 team division well Jim i would start worrying now before they blow up and blow their chances even at the possibility of a wild card spot at the end lol

Oh and Jim you said we could laugh all we want to at the Mariners welll here i go  :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

ain't I a  >:D lol

RowdyOne

Jim your back tracking so bad right now that your sounding like the Jockey questioning his horse why he had such a slow start out of the gate at the Kentucky Derby and didn't even finish in the top 15 lol

In other words try using a little HORSE SENCE  :)) :))

Helen

Quote from: ~RowdyOne~ on May 08, 2006, 01:25:10 PM
JIm if i was you i would start cheering on a much better team then the Mariners lol Why do you think the Baseball Gods put them in a 4 team division in the first place? huh huh? The reason is because all 4 of those teams SUCK He** they couldn't compete in a 6 team division if their lives depended on it or their salaries  :)) :)) :)) :))

So your saying and you keep saying your team is only 4 games back in a 4 team division well Jim i would start worrying now before they blow up and blow their chances even at the possibility of a wild card spot at the end lol

Oh and Jim you said we could laugh all we want to at the Mariners welll here i go  :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

ain't I a  >:D lol

Rowdy, I'd have to say you are a  >:D but gosh, you're having fun!!!  :)) :)) That's all that counts.

As for Jim and his Mariners....their record is 13-20 with a .394. Sure, they are only 4 games out of 1st in their division.......but......their .394 is the 2nd lowest in the whole AL and if you're adding the NL also, they come in at 4th lowest. I'm sure that will win some sort of wildcard.....NOT.  :)) :))

SaintHiρρo

At this point, the only thing jim has to look forward to is his team's chances of finishing about the Dodgers! The whole "winning the division" and/or "winning a wild card" isn't even an achievable goal! The one bright spot is that the Mariners were predicted to be 7 games out of 1st place at the end of April. At least they have that going for them.  :))

bubblegum

In my corner of reality the Mariners are going to win the world series this year by a blowout.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: bubblegum on May 08, 2006, 01:52:23 PM
In my corner of reality the Mariners are going to win the world series this year by a blowout.

I think you and jim have the same corner...   ;)

bubblegum

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 08, 2006, 01:53:45 PM
Quote from: bubblegum on May 08, 2006, 01:52:23 PM

I think you and jim have the same corner...   ;)

<chucks jim out of her corner and reclaims it>  My reality!!! MINE!!! Stay out or join me  :)) :)) :))

bobby

whoooo the al west is mighty powerful division, it is basically the angels and teams they are forced to compete against :)), i feel bad for carl everett :P

hades

strongest division was the al west? what are you smoking jim?  ???

Helen

Quote from: jim1975 on May 08, 2006, 04:01:53 PM
time will tell. and by the all star break if we can hang around close to first we can make a few trades

Jim, you're team is going to have to do better than a .394

bobby

time will tell. and by the all star break if we can hang around close to first we can make a few trades
jim, in your defense, 4th is kinda close to 1st :P

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: bobby on May 08, 2006, 05:45:15 PM

ROFL... that's true. They're doing great right now. They're 4th in their AL West so that's something to be proud of  :)) :)) :))

Helen

Quote from: bobby on May 08, 2006, 05:45:15 PM

Wait.....4th out of 4 teams is good?  :))

bobby

hey, if you look the standings upside down in a mirror then have the reflection on another mirror they would be in first ;D :D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview