PlayBuddy
May 16, 2024, 11:53:57 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

Quote from: bobby on May 08, 2006, 06:15:24 PM
hey, if you look the standings upside down in a mirror then have the reflection on another mirror they would be in first ;D :D

That's convoluted...... :))  :))  I can't stop laughing.

hades

all that...and yet theyre sill in last place?  :))

Helen

Well Jim.....that's a lot of "ifs". I'll be sure to watch and see what they're doing.  O0

hades

lol seeing jims answers and replies are always fun  :))

bubblegum

In my reality the Marniners will win the world series this year by a blow out.

BUT, I know thats not going to happen so I'll reject ya'lls reality and will subsitute my own.

Tara

Quote from: jim1975 on May 09, 2006, 07:54:36 PM
OMG wow did anyone watch the YANKEES BOSTON game today?? Yankees got there butts handed to them

I personally don't like the Yankees but I have friends on here that do..  They win everything is the reason I don't like them.  I think I want to like the Phillies this year..Will that score me some brownie points with the boss here?   :P

Helen

OMG wow did anyone watch the YANKEES BOSTON game today?? Yankees got there butts handed to them

Jim....this time I have to agree with you....they did get their butts handed to them.....14-3. There is no arguing that fact.

Helen

Quote from: Tara on May 09, 2006, 08:00:20 PM

I personally don't like the Yankees but I have friends on here that do..  They win everything is the reason I don't like them.  I think I want to like the Phillies this year..Will that score me some brownie points with the boss here?   :P

Tara, when Homer does come by later.....the Phillies won tonight 5-4 in the bottom of the 9th.

hades

yankees will still beat boston by quite a few games  :)

bobby

you're lucky the sox are playing the west :D

Tara

:-X   Stop the insanity for a minute this is important news   ;)

Just in Time: Pink Bats for Mother's Day

Heres the picture also

http://www.comcast.net/news/strange/index.jsp?cat=STRANGE&fn=/2006/05/10/388338.html

Wed May 10, 0:01 AM

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Hulking Jim Thome. Rugged Manny Ramirez. Brawny Adam Dunn. "The thought of these big macho men, swinging pink bats to help women with breast cancer ... what a novel idea," Louisville Slugger president John Hillerich said Tuesday.

Major League Baseball granted special permission for players to use the colorful bats _ baby pink, at that _ for Mother's Day. They're part of a weeklong program to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

Derek Jeter, David Eckstein and Marcus Giles are among dozens of players who intend to try them Sunday. This is the first time pink has been approved for bats _ dyed at the Louisville Slugger factory, they're usually black, brown, reddish or white.

Kevin Mench was among several Texas players who wanted their mother's names burned on the bats. The Rangers slugger, who homered in seven straight games earlier this season, also planned to have a bat for his grandmother, who died from breast cancer.

"My mom is the glue of our family, and I just want to do something to thank her for all that she has done," Mench said before Tuesday night's game against Minnesota. "At the same time, we are raising money for a great cause."

Howard Smith, senior vice president for licensing for MLB, said the idea for the pink bats struck a chord with commissioner Bud Selig and other executives. The question was how many players would use the sticks.

"It takes a big man to swing a pink bat in a major league game," Smith said.

More than 400 bats were being made for 50-plus players. David Ortiz, Jim Edmonds, Mark Teixeira, Michael Young and Hank Blalock were also on the list.

The Louisville Slugger factory started making the bats last week. Players were still placing orders as of Tuesday, and bats will probably be made and shipped overnight until Thursday or Friday.

"The response has been phenomenal," Hillerich said.

The bats posed something of a logistical problem for Louisville Slugger. Each player uses a different model and size, so coloring, branding and shipping them for Sunday's game has been a challenge, company spokesman Dan Burgess said.

Along with the pink bats, players and all on-field personnel will wear pink wristbands and a pink ribbon for breast cancer awareness on their uniforms. The pink ribbon logo will appear on the bases and on commemorative home plates, and the lineups will be written on pink cards.

The bats, along with the home plates and lineup cards, will be autographed by the teams and will be auctioned off later with the proceeds going to the Breast Cancer Foundation.

Helen

I think that's awesome that MLB has stepped up to help fight breast cancer.  :D

hades

the mariners picked up one game in the standings in the last two weeks and thats slowly climbing into first place? as for the yankees getting swept....whats the bet?  :)

Helen

Quote from: hades on May 10, 2006, 10:51:27 AM
the mariners picked up one game in the standings in the last two weeks and thats slowly climbing into first place? as for the yankees getting swept....whats the bet?  :)

One game in 2 weeks.....yep, that's SLOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLY.  :))

ClingFree

Quote from: jim1975 on May 10, 2006, 12:35:14 PM
Quote from: Helen on May 10, 2006, 10:56:02 AM
Quote from: hades on May 10, 2006, 10:51:27 AM

One game in 2 weeks.....yep, that's SLOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLY.  :))
Whatever. But they have not lost any games in the standing in the last 2 weeks either. So u all keep  :)) :)) and then u can laugh when the mariners are in first place and u can  :)) :)) again when the redsox sweep then yankees :)) :)) Yankees will be lucky if they even make the playoffs they sucks azz

Im not a baseball fan .. but I can tell you I am going to laugh harder when the Mariners are NOT in 1st place just because it means you'll stop going on and on about them.

hades

whats the bet on the yankees getting swept? you never answered jim  ::)

Helen

Ummmm, Seattle lost today.   :))  Boston is beating the Yankees 3-0 in the 2nd inning.  :x

Tara

Quote from: jim1975 on May 10, 2006, 04:58:30 PM
Yankees redsox update Looking like anither blowout already and only the 2nd in BOSTON 3 YANKEES 1 guess the yankees just can"t hand with the bigboys anymore :)) :))

Thats what I be watching ....

Blu

Quote from: jim1975 on May 10, 2006, 04:58:30 PM
Yankees redsox update Looking like anither blowout already and only the 2nd in BOSTON 3 YANKEES 1 guess the yankees just can"t hand with the bigboys anymore :)) :))
Mariners Update:
Another awesome "offence" display by the Ms in a 1-0 loss to the mighty Devil Rays. Those big hitting Ms got 4 whole hits. And "future HOF" Moyer is now 1-3. Guess that's Freddie's fault.

P.S. GIAMBI HOMERUN...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview