PlayBuddy
May 16, 2024, 03:52:13 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby

Quote from: R E Y on May 21, 2006, 04:58:52 AM
i dont get why the umps ejected A.J. Pierzynski.. he didnt do anything.
Podsednik should been ejected. I seen him fighting too.
i couldn't believe podsednik took down barrett who is twice his size and had equipment on, the fight was still nothing compared to the usual fights the sox and tigers get into,only a matter of thime before one of those starts :))

Blu

Quote from: ~RowdyOne~ on May 20, 2006, 08:39:00 PM
Today was nothing more then one of the strangest days as well as week in baseball. Starting today with the Cubs and white Sox getting into the biggest brawl they ever had, Bonds tying the Great Bamboo's(Babe Ruth"s) homerun record at 714--well actually it was the saddest day and week in baseball as far as that goes lol oh and the Astro's lost 3 straight games to San Fran with no thanks to Barry Bonds but it would only have seem more fitting if Russ springer of the Astro's hit Bonds in the head instead of the shoulder it might would've knocked some sense into Bonds but then again maybe NOT LoL

By the way did Seattle win or lose today? LOL and By the way the Astro's still have a winning record 23-20 after all those losses YAY Astro's!!!!!!!!!

LoL...I know it's a typo, but Bamboo is funny. It's Bambino.

Homer

Can we take it easy with the CAPS please?

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Go Cavs!

bubblegum

Quote from: R E Y on May 21, 2006, 02:23:35 PM
Mariners wont make the playoffs.

Well I reject your reailty and subsitute my own.  In my reality the mariners will win the world series. ;)

hades

sweeping the padres is still a long way from first place.and a much larger leap to the playoffs  ::)

bobby

i guess jim got so excited the the m's were winning he had to post in CAPS :P

hades

eight runs for them is better then a wet dream for jim  :))

krispy

Tara

Quote from: hades on May 21, 2006, 02:30:51 PM
eight runs for them is better then a wet dream for jim  :))

I bet it takes less than a team getting 8 runs for you to have them... :))

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on May 21, 2006, 05:08:49 PM
Raul Ibanez and Carl Everett homered during an eight-run second inning to help Seattle beat San Diego 10-8 on Sunday and complete a three-game series sweep.

The Mariners swept their first series of the year - after losing all three games of a series at Oakland and dropping to a season-low eight games under .500.  But now they are on there way to taking over first place and making the playoff and maybe if everything works out right a trip to the W.S

The Padres, who began May by going 13-1, were swept in a series for the third time in their streaky season.

Chan Ho Park (2-2) had entered the game having allowed one earned run in his previous 22 innings. That made the Padres think he was returning to the ace form from his Los Angeles Dodgers days of five years ago.

Think again. Park allowed 10 earned runs in 5 1-3 innings, the most earned runs he had allowed since June 21, 1998, for the Dodgers at Colorado.

Park's troubles began in the second inning when he allowed eight runs. He gave up four straight singles to start the inning and give Seattle a 2-1 lead. Yuniesky Betancourt followed with an RBI fielder's choice and Ichiro Suzuki added a run-scoring single. Ibanez then hit a three-run homer to make it 7-1. Everett then added a solo sh**** finish off the inning.

Park walked Richie Sexson with the bases loaded in the sixth to force in Seattle's ninth run. Then Everett singled home Suzuki for his 21st RBI this season. That put Seattle up 10-7, after San Diego had erased all but one run of the Mariners' 8-1 lead.

That was because Felix Hernandez's problems continued. The Mariners' 2005 rookie phenom allowed a career-high seven earned runs, one start after allowing 10 runs and five earned at Oakland.

Hernandez (3-5) was in control with an 8-3 lead entering the sixth inning and then quickly got two outs. But Geoff Blum's swinging strike three was a wild pitch past catcher Kenji Johjima. Adrian Gonzalez then singled and Hernandez crossed up Johjima on a high pitch off the top of the catcher's glove for a passed ball. Blum and Gonzalez both scored on Josh Barfield's bloop double past diving center fielder Jeremy Reed. That made it 8-5.

Two pitches later, Dave Roberts hit his first home run of the season to bring San Diego within 8-7.

Josh Bard, catching for the third straight game while Mike Piazza was the designated hitter, hit a home run off Rafael Soriano that banged off the second deck facing to rally the Padres again in the eighth inning, to within 10-8. But Soriano then struck out Josh Barfield to end the inning.

J.J. Putz completed a scoreless ninth for his sixth save

ROFL, if you enter in the 1st sentence into a Yahoo!'s search engine and select "news", you will see where this report came from. The part above that I placed in "bold" and "red" was added in by jimbo. No news reporter would make that sentence, let alone say "they are on there way..." when it should say "their" or "taking over first place and making the playoff and maybe if everything...." because you don't add that many "ands" into a sentence like that. Finally, the last clue was the fact it says "W.S" (one dot, not two). It would clearly end in a period if they were to use it a second time. However because it was the first time, it would say "World Series" instead of W.S. However, it was a good try.  :))

hades

we all cant be prudes like some now can we tara  ;)

and jim...you really think sweeping the padres is a ticket to the world series?

Tara

Quote from: hades on May 21, 2006, 10:46:24 PM

Be whatever your big enough to be.  :D

I don't get offended that easy, trust me.

Blu

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 21, 2006, 06:46:39 PM
Quote from: jim1975 on May 21, 2006, 05:08:49 PM
Raul Ibanez and Carl Everett homered during an eight-run second inning to help Seattle beat San Diego 10-8 on Sunday and complete a three-game series sweep.

The Mariners swept their first series of the year - after losing all three games of a series at Oakland and dropping to a season-low eight games under .500.  But now they are on there way to taking over first place and making the playoff and maybe if everything works out right a trip to the W.S

The Padres, who began May by going 13-1, were swept in a series for the third time in their streaky season.

Chan Ho Park (2-2) had entered the game having allowed one earned run in his previous 22 innings. That made the Padres think he was returning to the ace form from his Los Angeles Dodgers days of five years ago.

Think again. Park allowed 10 earned runs in 5 1-3 innings, the most earned runs he had allowed since June 21, 1998, for the Dodgers at Colorado.

Park's troubles began in the second inning when he allowed eight runs. He gave up four straight singles to start the inning and give Seattle a 2-1 lead. Yuniesky Betancourt followed with an RBI fielder's choice and Ichiro Suzuki added a run-scoring single. Ibanez then hit a three-run homer to make it 7-1. Everett then added a solo sh**** finish off the inning.

Park walked Richie Sexson with the bases loaded in the sixth to force in Seattle's ninth run. Then Everett singled home Suzuki for his 21st RBI this season. That put Seattle up 10-7, after San Diego had erased all but one run of the Mariners' 8-1 lead.

That was because Felix Hernandez's problems continued. The Mariners' 2005 rookie phenom allowed a career-high seven earned runs, one start after allowing 10 runs and five earned at Oakland.

Hernandez (3-5) was in control with an 8-3 lead entering the sixth inning and then quickly got two outs. But Geoff Blum's swinging strike three was a wild pitch past catcher Kenji Johjima. Adrian Gonzalez then singled and Hernandez crossed up Johjima on a high pitch off the top of the catcher's glove for a passed ball. Blum and Gonzalez both scored on Josh Barfield's bloop double past diving center fielder Jeremy Reed. That made it 8-5.

Two pitches later, Dave Roberts hit his first home run of the season to bring San Diego within 8-7.

Josh Bard, catching for the third straight game while Mike Piazza was the designated hitter, hit a home run off Rafael Soriano that banged off the second deck facing to rally the Padres again in the eighth inning, to within 10-8. But Soriano then struck out Josh Barfield to end the inning.

J.J. Putz completed a scoreless ninth for his sixth save

ROFL, if you enter in the 1st sentence into a Yahoo!'s search engine and select "news", you will see where this report came from. The part above that I placed in "bold" and "red" was added in by jimbo. No news reporter would make that sentence, let alone say "they are on there way..." when it should say "their" or "taking over first place and making the playoff and maybe if everything...." because you don't add that many "ands" into a sentence like that. Finally, the last clue was the fact it says "W.S" (one dot, not two). It would clearly end in a period if they were to use it a second time. However because it was the first time, it would say "World Series" instead of W.S. However, it was a good try.  :))

It's funny when someone tries so hard to form a propper sentence, and they still screw it up.

WTG Jimmy!

Gecko

Quote from: Tara on May 22, 2006, 04:13:44 AM

prude   

NOUN:

One who is excessively concerned with being or appearing to be proper, modest, or righteous :)) :)) :)) :))

krispy

Quote from: GeckoDundee on May 22, 2006, 06:10:05 AM
Quote from: Tara on May 22, 2006, 04:13:44 AM

prude   

NOUN:

One who is excessively concerned with being or appearing to be proper, modest, or righteous :)) :)) :)) :))

and the point of that is?

hades

so you say...tara  :-X

and jim i want you to redict a date when you think the mariners will be in first  ::)

SaintHiρρo

Sports Illustrated Power Rankings as of Monday, May 22nd, 3:24pm EST:

01.) Chicago White Sox <- Bobby
02.) St. Louis Cardinals
03.) Detroit Tigers
04.) Boston Red Sox
05.) New York Mets
06.) Colorado Rockies
07.) New York Yankees
08.) Cincinnati Reds
09.) Arizona Diamondbacks
10.) Los Angeles Dodgers <- SaintHippo
11.) Houston Astros <- Rowdy
12.) Philadelphia Phillies <- Homer
13.) Toronto Blue Jays
14.) Milwaukee Brewers
15.) San Francisco Giants
16.) Atlanta Braves
17.) Oakland Athletics
18.) San Diego Padres
19.) Texas Rangers
20.) Cleveland Indians <- Ethan
21.) Tampa Bay Devil Rays
22.) Baltimore Orioles
23.) Seattle Mariners <- Jim & Bubbles
24.) Minnesota Twins
25.) Chicago Cubs
26.) Los Angeles Angels
27.) Washington Nationals
28.) Pittsburgh Pirates
29.) Florida Marlins
30.) Kansas City Royals

I tried pointing out the teams I know certain people are going for. If I missed you, I'll try to catch you next week.

hades

bobby

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 22, 2006, 02:04:29 PM
Sports Illustrated Power Rankings as of Monday, May 22nd, 3:24pm EST:

01.) Chicago White Sox <- Bobby
02.) St. Louis Cardinals
03.) Detroit Tigers
04.) Boston Red Sox
05.) New York Mets
06.) Colorado Rockies
07.) New York Yankees
08.) Cincinnati Reds
09.) Arizona Diamondbacks
10.) Los Angeles Dodgers <- SaintHippo
11.) Houston Astros <- Rowdy
12.) Philadelphia Phillies <- Homer
13.) Toronto Blue Jays
14.) Milwaukee Brewers
15.) San Francisco Giants
16.) Atlanta Braves
17.) Oakland Athletics
18.) San Diego Padres
19.) Texas Rangers
20.) Cleveland Indians <- Ethan
21.) Tampa Bay Devil Rays
22.) Baltimore Orioles
23.) Seattle Mariners <- Jim & Bubbles
24.) Minnesota Twins
25.) Chicago Cubs
26.) Los Angeles Angels
27.) Washington Nationals
28.) Pittsburgh Pirates
29.) Florida Marlins
30.) Kansas City Royals

I tried pointing out the teams I know certain people are going for. If I missed you, I'll try to catch you next week.
I feel so special  :P

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview