PlayBuddy
May 16, 2024, 09:21:24 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyOne

wooooo freaking hooooo i am back after almost 2 days of no cable!!  to get ya caught up the Astros did win 4 straight games 2 games against the Braves and won 2 against the Chicago Cubs,  but lost today (against the Braves) 4-2 BUT i'm still pretty happy right now about that  :*** Hows everyone been doing?

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: RowdyOne on June 10, 2006, 08:37:42 PM
wooooo freaking hooooo i am back after almost 2 days of no cable!!  to get ya caught up the Astros did win 4 straight games 2 games against the Braves and won 2 against the Chicago Cubs,  but lost today (against the Braves) 4-2 BUT i'm still pretty happy right now about that  :*** Hows everyone been doing?

Well I started off well. Yankess lost to the A's but then my Dodgers got hammered. It will only get worse if the current score between the Angels of Anaheim & Seattle Mariners stay the way it is now.

RowdyOne

i saw that also where the Yanks lost 2 straight to the low life A's which that has to suck bad for the pin stripers but hey the Yankee's all 5 tool players right Hippo :) so they'll bounce back.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: RowdyOne on June 10, 2006, 08:43:58 PM
i saw that also where the Yanks lost 2 straight to the low life A's which that has to suck bad for the pin stripers but hey the Yankee's all 5 tool players right Hippo :) so they'll bounce back.

Not a Yankee fan. I'm one of those "haters" that don't like them for any real reason except the fact they're a New York team and I'm from Los Angeles so I can't like any team in New York regardless of the sport.

RowdyOne

that's about how i am with the New York Met's, I never really liked them especially when Lenny Dykstra hit that game winning homerun that blew the 1986 astros chances of making it to the world series. Even today i dispise the heck out of the Mets for what Beltran did when he used the Astros in 2004 just to get himself that $120 million contract for his own good which sucked for the Astros. Life goes on and so does the debt factor for the Mets for the next 10 years lol

question for you Hippo, If you had to pick a winner between the Royals and Phillies who would you pick?

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: RowdyOne on June 10, 2006, 08:57:21 PM
that's about how i am with the Ney York Met's, I never really liked them especially when Lenny Dykstra hit that game winning homerun that blew the 1986 astros chances of making it to the world series. Even today i dispise the heck out of what Beltran did when he used the Astros in 2004 just to get himself that $120 milion contract for his own good which sucked for the Astros. Life goes on and so does the debt factor for the Mets for the next 10 years lol

question for you Hippo, If you had to pick a winner between the Royals and Phillies who would you pick?

The Royals! I have to keep my commitment to the weakest team in baseball.

hades

yankees need alil help and theyll pick right up.  :)

hades

yankees and randy johnson both win in the same night. amazing  :))

Go Cavs!

I got a question about this ejection stuff,
When a pitcher gets ejected from hitting a batter, why does the manager get ejected too?

Last night, Randy Johnson got ejected for throwing inside pitch to Eduardo Perez and then Torre ejected.

hades

Go Cavs!

No. I guess its an automatic ejection for managers.

hades

bobby

time for interleague play, alot of old world series matchups, and for the first time ever i will be rooting for the cubs :xx

RowdyOne

Quote from: RowdyOne on June 07, 2006, 06:04:49 AM
The Astros finally won last night 4-1 wooooooooooohooooooo now all they have to do is win 10 more to make up for all the losses :)

Ever since i posted this, The Astros have won 8 out of 9 games from june 6 through yesterday. They beat the Cubs at (Minute Maid park)in 2 out of 4 games, then Beat the Braves in 2 out of 3 games, then they just got through sweeping the Cubs(at wrigly field) in 3 straight wins wooooooooHooooo!!!!! Now they play kansas City Royals in 3 games and the MInn.Twinkies in 3 games durring inter league play.

Wishes do come true :)

bobby

Quote from: RowdyOne on June 16, 2006, 04:35:52 AM
The Astros finally won last night 4-1 wooooooooooohooooooo now all they have to do is win 10 more to make up for all the losses :)

Ever since i posted this, The Astros have won 8 out of 9 games from june 6 through yesterday. They beat the Cubs at (Minute Maid park)in 2 out of 4 games, then Beat the Braves in 2 out of 3 games, then they just got through sweeping the Cubs(at wrigly field) in 3 straight wins wooooooooHooooo!!!!!

it's funny watching the cubs, they find a new way to lose every game :)) :))

RowdyOne

The Cubs just don't seem like the fierce team they use to be, Seems like the only 2 fierce player's are Barret and Jones on that team now. Heck the Astros swept them with ease pretty much starting with a 9-2 win on Tuesday,5-4 and then 3-2 yesterday. (But they got swept by the Reds before the Cubs came in so go figure)

And to think back it was either the Cubs or the Cards that the Astros swept last year to start that big winning streak that took them  to the world series.

bobby

Quote from: RowdyOne on June 16, 2006, 04:54:29 AM
The Cubs just don't seem like the fierce team they use to be, Seems like the only 2 fierce player's are Barret and Jones on that team now. Heck the Astros swept them with ease pretty much starting with a 9-2 win on Tuesday,5-4 and then 3-2 yesterday. (But they got swept by the Reds before the Cubs came in so go figure)

And to think back it was either the Cubs or the Cards that the Astros swept last year to start that big winning streak that took them  to the world series.
you used cubs and fierce in a sentence :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Blu

Quote from: RowdyOne on June 16, 2006, 04:35:52 AM

Ever since i posted this, The Astros have won 8 out of 9 games from june 6 through yesterday. They beat the Cubs at (Minute Maid park)in 2 out of 4 games, then Beat the Braves in 2 out of 3 games, then they just got through sweeping the Cubs(at wrigly field) in 3 straight wins wooooooooHooooo!!!!! Now they play kansas City Royals in 3 games and the MInn.Twinkies in 3 games durring inter league play.

Doesn't 2 of 4 (Cubs), 2 of 3 (Braves), 3 of 3 (Cubs) equal out to 7 out of 10, not 8 out of 9?

hades

when were the cubs ever really a team to be taken seriously?  :)))

bobby

Quote from: hades on June 16, 2006, 06:55:09 AM
when were the cubs ever really a team to be taken seriously?  :)))
1908 :))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview