PlayBuddy
May 17, 2024, 11:25:36 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on September 29, 2007, 12:32:50 PM
Quote from: gator8 on September 29, 2007, 12:06:14 PM
Go anyone except the Phillies!!!!! :^* :^*  dang college football is prempting my race!

:{: :{: :{:

:^* :^* Yea Eaton ! ( whoever he is ) LOL

Homer

Quote from: gator8 on September 29, 2007, 04:32:48 PM
Quote from: Homer on September 29, 2007, 12:32:50 PM
Quote from: gator8 on September 29, 2007, 12:06:14 PM
Go anyone except the Phillies!!!!! :^* :^*  dang college football is prempting my race!

:^* :^* Yea Eaton ! ( whoever he is ) LOL

:%#

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

sd1619

Homer, do you know why it would be a 1 game playoff if there is a tie.  I thought it was series season record for the tiebreaker?

Homer

I wish it was determined by series record because the Phils would win then. It has always been the rule to have a one game playoff if the teams were tied. If that happens the game will be in Philly because we won the coin toss.

sd1619

tickets go on sale tomorrow at 11, I'm going to try to get some

sd1619

I hope there isn't a tiebreak game tomorrow, but if so, I got my tickets.  They went on sale before the announced 11 time.

Homer

Homer

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jrzydvl

mets live up to their nickname  my entire team S**kS

Homer

gator8_24

Homer, don't take the first loss so hard! LOL

Homer

Go Cavs!

Monkey

gator8_24

Gosh I heard crying all the way down here! Hope it's best 3 /5 .  I know nothing about the playoffs, just the series.LOL

That's 2 days of  :'(( :'(( for  :<< :<< :<<  :!!

Homer

Quote from: gator8 on October 04, 2007, 04:29:18 PM
Gosh I heard crying all the way down here! Hope it's best 3 /5 .  I know nothing about the playoffs, just the series.LOL

That's 2 days of  :'(( :'(( for  :<< :<< :<<  :!!

Tara

OMG at the friggen bugs on the Indians and Yankees game...Anyone else see that?  They are friggen covered in them.

Woooo hoooo.... The Indians win  :^*

bobby

loving the competition in all these series....everyone is up 2-0 wtf!

Monkey

Red Sox 2-0
Yankees 0-2

I love it  :)) :))

gator8_24

Yankees bug out

By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports
October 5, 2007

(this was on Yahoo about the bugs)

Yankees Bug Out

CLEVELAND – Even before Gen. Moses Cleaveland arrived here in 1796 and first surveyed what would become a delirious baseball town on the shores of Lake Erie, residents occasionally had to deal with swarms of gnat-like insects called midges, which descend in vicious waves from Canada and overwhelm just about any warm body.

Friday, in an eighth inning of a game where the Cleveland Indians couldn't swat a fly if it meant pushing a run across the plate, the midges arrived unannounced and landed, seemingly all at once, on Joba Chamberlain's neck.

Or they danced in front of the normally unflappable New York Yankees reliever's face. Or they buzzed his ears, got in his eyes, nose, mouth and psyche.

"It was like blankets of stuff out there. They came in sheets," Yankees manager Joe Torre said. "He was having trouble seeing out there."

Mostly, he was having trouble pitching. Leading 1-0 in the eighth inning, the Yankees were about to steal Game 2 of the American League division series, riding the great pitching of Andy Pettitte to offset their woeful offense.

And then some kind of biblical locust landing occurred.

Suddenly, Chamberlain, swarmed by bugs, walked Grady Sizemore. Then he threw a wild pitch. Then, with Sizemore on third, he threw another wild pitch, allowing the Indians to tie the game.

Three innings later, with the bugs mostly gone due to a slight breeze, the Indians won it 2-1 on a Travis Hafner single. Cleveland leads the ALDS 2-0 as the best-of-five series moves to the Bronx on Sunday.

"I've never seen anything like that before," Torre said. "Especially all of a sudden coming on the scene like that."

It's common enough here that games have been delayed due to the bugs. However, the idea of a delay apparently didn't dawn on anyone. Torre said he didn't ask. The umps never gathered to discuss it. The Indians certainly weren't going to complain as Chamberlain lost his concentration.

"We've had that happen a few times," said Indians manager Eric Wedge, who like any Clevelander is familiar with the occasional midge mauling. "Every now and again, at certain points they show up. Whatever the reason, they did tonight."

Perhaps, after all these years and all these Cleveland losses, God decided to become an Indians fan. He certainly couldn't have picked a better time or the better Old Testament vengeance for fouling up the Yankees.

Drought, mildew and famine would have lacked the immediate impact. Pestilence would have been too mean; fire mixed with blood too messy; grasshoppers, probably too obvious.

The midges were just enough.

"It was at a bad time," Torre said.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview