PlayBuddy
May 28, 2024, 12:41:30 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 5 or more dolls in one move 170 times this week! [Download Cheat]
A Way With Words : Make 80 words with all yellow letters this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Barry Bonds

Started by Go Cavs!,

Previous topic - Next topic

SI

Looks like Bonds won't be the only player damaged by the book controversy:

QuoteThe book says BALCO's performance-enhancing drugs were used by several athletes, including track stars Marion Jones and Tim Montgomery, NFL players such as Bill Romanowski, and sluggers including Bonds, Sheffield and Giambi.

This article really delves more into the dirt revealed in the book:

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-athletes-steroids&prov=ap&type=lgns

RuLeR

Yes he uses steriods like it isnt obvious he just thinks people are on his side  :))

hades

maybe he thinks we believe he didnt take any  :))

RuLeR

hes a joke to bad he pays his medical doctors to much to shut up.

Ethan_Hawley

Anybody watch "Bonds on Bonds" last night on ESPN?  It was so horrible.  IMHO he's desperately trying to salvage what's left of his reputation..get people to feel sorry for him.  Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

I can't stand this guy, but I have to respect him.  Personally, I blame MLB for not taking a stance on steroids/performance enhancers sooner.  Ball players have been using amphetamines for decades I guess. 

SI

Quote from: Ethan_Hawley on April 05, 2006, 05:00:26 PM
Anybody watch "Bonds on Bonds" last night on ESPN?  It was so horrible.  IMHO he's desperately trying to salvage what's left of his reputation..get people to feel sorry for him.  Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

I can't stand this guy, but I have to respect him.  Personally, I blame MLB for not taking a stance on steroids/performance enhancers sooner.  Ball players have been using amphetamines for decades I guess. 

If you think about it, the whole issue is a double-edged sword for them.  On the one hand, they desperately want to portray a clean, inspiring image, to be the good role models for the children.  On the other hand, they know that without action, revenues will be down: fewer home runs = less excitement = fewer fans.  That's probably why they haven't taken a hard-line stance, even with congressional pressure on them, IMO.

Tara

Quote from: DJ_SI on April 05, 2006, 07:35:20 PM

If you think about it, the whole issue is a double-edged sword for them.  On the one hand, they desperately want to portray a clean, inspiring image, to be the good role models for the children.  On the other hand, they know that without action, revenues will be down: fewer home runs = less excitement = fewer fans.  That's probably why they haven't taken a hard-line stance, even with congressional pressure on them, IMO.

DJ?  Can you change records that ones getting old...tyvm  >:D

Helen

Quote from: Tara on April 05, 2006, 07:36:36 PM
Quote from: DJ_SI on April 05, 2006, 07:35:20 PM

DJ?  Can you change records that ones getting old...tyvm  >:D

Oh my..... :-*

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview