PlayBuddy
June 13, 2024, 11:01:46 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Jigsaw & Sherlock ... When?

Started by Fitzkarin,

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitzkarin

It appears that I'm not the only one having the issue after all ... even after trying Firefox, MSJava, different settings and all of the other suggestions.

It isn't about not playing nice with others ... its about not paying for a program that doesn't work and wondering if it is going to be fixed so that it does.

PogoKaz

I'm also have loads of problems with this program, it rarely works, just sticks and if it does it only works for a couple of games then sticks again.

Even running it on the slowest speeds it keeps coming up with bad identify then won't complete the jigsaw once its put all the pieces in the corner.

I've tried firefox and IE, my opera is to new for the java to work with pogo and I've completed all the help stuff people are putting forward, all my other auto's work perfectly.

Mary

i use sun java and put it on highest speed and works great also with mayhems new tip works even greater gl  O0 also use ie....

Tara

I have never not ever posted a problem with a auto but theres a first for everything.

1.) Operating system (Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP etc)?   XP

2.) Browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, AOL, Mozilla, Opera etc)? IE and tried FF also 

3.) Color setting (24 bit, 32 bit etc)?  32

4.) Screen resolution (800x600, 1024x768)? 1024X768

5.) Smooth edges of screen fonts checked or unchecked? Unchecked

6.) What Java you are using?  SunJava and tryed  MSVM with only the Jit checked

7.) What agent are you using? I tried Sherlock 1.6  and I tried Jigsaw Detective 6.3

8.) What version number is this agent?  Look up there ^

9.) What specifically is the problem? Sherlock will do the outside of the puzzle and it just     keeps saying bad idenify over and over...won't do anything else

On Jigsaw it will do like 2 -3 peices of the outside and quit.

I have tried it everyway possible with both agents both browsers....and it still won't work :'(

I have deleted the versions and redownloaded them .  I have made sure I was in pogo playing jigsaw detective ( sorry had to throw that in)  Please don't tell me did I try it before I bought it because I have the 150 club thing and I didn't try everything on the list before I purchased it.  Im trying to decide which one I want and neither one works.. :'(  HELP !!!!

SaintHiρρo

Tara, have you tried the following:

To turn it off :

1) "Right Click" your desktop and select "Properties"
2) Click on the "Appearance" tab
3) Click on the "Effects" button
4) "Un Checkmark" the top 2 boxes and press "Ok"
5) Press "Apply"

Tara

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 17, 2006, 08:34:43 PM

To turn it off :

5) Press "Apply"

Thanks Hippo...No ..I didn't try that...Didn't see it suggested before but I will try it...Guess on both agents and both browsers and both javas right?  Be back tomorrow  ???

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Tara on April 18, 2006, 08:31:41 AM
Quote from: SaintHippo on April 17, 2006, 08:34:43 PM

To turn it off :

5) Press "Apply"

Thanks Hippo...No ..I didn't try that...Didn't see it suggested before but I will try it...Guess on both agents and both browsers and both javas right?  Be back tomorrow  ???

Best of luck to you. Let us know how it turns out!

Runner

For me it still does not work.

Sometimes it will pick up all the pieces except for last 1 or 2, then it locks up.

Or it picks them all up, then locks up.

Can we get some realistic info on when this auto is going to be fixed?

Please??

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: runner on April 18, 2006, 10:44:36 AM
For me it still does not work.

Sometimes it will pick up all the pieces except for last 1 or 2, then it locks up.

Or it picks them all up, then locks up.

Can we get some realistic info on when this auto is going to be fixed?

Please??

Maybe if you email them instead of asking on the forum since they're a million times more likely to read their emails than they are to comb through the forums looking for questions to answer.

Tara

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 18, 2006, 08:51:17 AM

Best of luck to you. Let us know how it turns out!

Gawd I feel really stupid complaining...Everyones PM's are telling what they do but its not working for me. I don't have any problem with any other autos. 
Ok I unchecked the first box like you said and heres what I got

Sherlock  IE with Sun  It did the middle of the puzzle first then just quit .
               IE with Jit     It did the outside first and after 6 minutes it had only 5 pieces in the middle done and quit

Sherlock  FF  It was worse...My whole game and taskbar and auto went way down under where   my task bar is suppose to be and I got a warning about not playing under the taskbar.

Jigsaw Detector   IE with Sun   Same as with that top box checked...Just keeps saying bad identify
Jigsaw Detector    IE with Jit      Same thing as above

Jigsaw Detector  FF  It did the outside and only 3 pieces in the inside and quit and got stuck . I turned it off after 5 minutes.

Oh yea and I don't have any screen savers either... I don't know what I would have different than anyone else ...Zone Alarm? Norton?  But all my autos work without me having to mess with anything like that.  I dunno I'm just another dumb blonde from Alaska  :))  j/k

If I cried someone a river would it help to fix my auto?  :'(
Sorry for complaining but at least I am thorough in my investigations and I am almost out of trial period on both of them ...so I can't test to much more. I have to pick one or the other to get a code ..and I could go on and on but I won't .

Thank you for your time and have a great day !!!  8)

SaintHiρρo

LoL, maybe you should just never get the jigsaw badges! Might solve all the problems!  :))

Tara

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 18, 2006, 11:44:18 AM
LoL, maybe you should just never get the jigsaw badges! Might solve all the problems!  :))

Taras reply :  Thanks for such encouraging advice Hippo  :-*

Taras Devilish reply : Screw you I want my badges buddy  >:D

wattsmyname

Quote from: Tara on April 18, 2006, 11:46:17 AM

I would be glad to get them for you :)
Marjorie

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Tara on April 18, 2006, 11:46:17 AM

LoL

Saint's Reply:  You're welcomed, I'm always here for you :)

Anti-Saint's Reply:   I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too!  >:D

LastCall

Tara
  if you are going to properties
the 2 top boxes should be unchecked  I hope that is what u are talking about

Tara

The first time I ask for technical help and still nothing to fix my problem?  See if I come back here again...Just kidding...Gawd I love this place

Tara tries getting on her knees and proceeds to start begging now.  Whats wrong with my puzzle auto  :'(

LastCall

Tara
when you went to properties and then effects did you unckeck the 2 top ones ?
     plus I know I cannot use SUNJAVA on my puzzle  :)

Tara

Quote from: LastCall on April 18, 2006, 04:45:32 PM
Tara
when you went to properties and then effects did you unckeck the 2 top ones ?
     plus I know I cannot use SUNJAVA on my puzzle  :)

Yes Chad...That was what my whole post was about before you asked me to try it..I did it everyway I could think of possible.

LastCall

ok delete<< it again  make sure it is all out<   and reboot and try it both ways with jit then sunjava Sherlock does not work for me at all :-\

Tara

Quote from: LastCall on April 18, 2006, 04:50:46 PM
ok delete<< it again  make sure it is all out<   and reboot and try it both ways with jit then sunjava Sherlock does not work for me at all :-\

Chad I promise I did it upside down..backwards..on my knees...on my back..lights on ...lights off..sideways..hanging from a ceiling fan..and trust me it won't work.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview