This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Pogo Slots : Win 18000 coins this week! [Download Cheat]
Cookie Connect : Serve 70 customers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

trouble getting into games on pogo

Started by lioness,

Previous topic - Next topic

lioness

Please can anyone help me. For over a week now when I go to the pogo site I can get in a room but when I want to go to a table I keep getting the page cannot be displayed etc. Sometimes it works. If I shut my computer down and restart it itsome times works. I have sent several letters to teck help at pogo and did what they said and it still does not help. They keep sending some kind of form letters. Also I phoned my internet provider and did what they said but it did not help. I also put sun java in. sometimes it comes up sometimes not. I am so frustrated already.I am not that knowledgeable about all the computer stuff.Thanking you in advance. Pleaseeeeeeee  :'(

Helen

Quote from: lioness on May 08, 2006, 08:14:40 PM
Please can anyone help me. For over a week now when I go to the pogo site I can get in a room but when I want to go to a table I keep getting the page cannot be displayed etc. Sometimes it works. If I shut my computer down and restart it itsome times works. I have sent several letters to teck help at pogo and did what they said and it still does not help. They keep sending some kind of form letters. Also I phoned my internet provider and did what they said but it did not help. I also put sun java in. sometimes it comes up sometimes not. I am so frustrated already.I am not that knowledgeable about all the computer stuff.Thanking you in advance. Pleaseeeeeeee  :'(

If all these problems just started a week ago, you may be able to do a restore prior to when the problems started. Sometimes this will do the trick and get you up and running again.

Country Lady

Do you have a pop up blocker running?  This will happen to me if I have the IE pop up blocker enabled.  I can go to regular games, but not one with tables if the pop up blocker is on.  Turning it off does the trick.  The tables are pop up windows.

Helen

Quote from: Country Lady on May 08, 2006, 08:42:28 PM
Do you have a pop up blocker running?  This will happen to me if I have the IE pop up blocker enabled.  I can go to regular games, but not one with tables if the pop up blocker is on.  Turning it off does the trick.  The tables are pop up windows.

If those are the only games she's having problems with (table games) you're probably right about the pop up blocker.  O0

lioness

hello again, I am having trouble getting in all the games and I have the google task bar on the top of my screen and have shut off the pop ups. Thank you both for answering :(

lioness

Hello again, I will try doing a restore and see if that helps. thank you. I will let you know if it works. Thanks again :-*

Helen

Quote from: lioness on May 08, 2006, 09:01:53 PM
hello again, I am having trouble getting in all the games and I have the google task bar on the top of my screen and have shut off the pop ups. Thank you both for answering :(

You're welcome. After turning off the google pop up blocker you're still having problems? Do you have another pop up blocker with your internet security?

simpsons99

hades

zeboo

I have had problems with that some time ago..I have xp I found that once I keeped my prefetch cleaned out my games run really smooth and the rooms load better..if you know how to do this disreguard..if you don't....go to start run type in prefetch then hit edit select all delete most people think that when you clean out temp files you are getting them all thats not so hope this helps you  O0

ClingFree

My pop ups for Pogo are allowed (I also have google pop up blocker) but at times I still need to hold the "ctrl" key down while I am sitting at a table.

Helen

Quote from: ClingFree on May 09, 2006, 10:07:13 AM

My pop ups for Pogo are allowed (I also have google pop up blocker) but at times I still need to hold the "ctrl" key down while I am sitting at a table.

I had the same problem with the google pop up blocker until I disabled it. Now I don't have to hold down the "ctrl" key.

lioness

Hello, Thank you Helen for suggesting restore. I tried it and at the present time everything is working fine. I wish Pogo would of suggested that.I really appreciate all the help i have gotten. I am scared tpo try prefetch though. It says there is 124 items and I do not want to do something wrong. Thank you again Helen. I was in tears already. Bless you. :)

Helen

Quote from: lioness on May 09, 2006, 03:39:23 PM
Hello, Thank you Helen for suggesting restore. I tried it and at the present time everything is working fine. I wish Pogo would of suggested that.I really appreciate all the help i have gotten. I am scared tpo try prefetch though. It says there is 124 items and I do not want to do something wrong. Thank you again Helen. I was in tears already. Bless you. :)

You're so welcome. I'm glad that what I suggested helped you out. Using prefetch won't hurt anything but I don't think it would have gotten you back up and running. You apparently downloaded something that messed things up.
Doing the restore took you back to when things were running smoothly. Next time (hope there won't be a next time) try that 1st.

Country Lady

Prefetch is like temp files.  It is ok to delete them all.

Helen

Quote from: Country Lady on May 09, 2006, 06:31:52 PM
Prefetch is like temp files.  It is ok to delete them all.

How often do you delete prefetch files?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview