PlayBuddy
May 04, 2024, 12:50:28 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Canasta - General Info & Ranks

Started by sueann42,

Previous topic - Next topic

sueann42

I love canasta  and I don't use my auto often I was trying to play and my cards kept
disappearing  is it pogo are my puter any one have this problam

Libra

Quote from: sueann42 on June 19, 2006, 09:11:31 AM
I love canasta  and I don't use my auto often I was trying to play and my cards kept

I play by hand, too, and I had this problem about a year ago.  It was enough to drive you crazy!  It was Pogo's problem and it was eventually fixed, but it did take about two weeks.  It was infuriating because I only needed like 100 or so red threes to get to my next rank. 

JenH2001

Here is what pogo has to say.

A lot of members have recently been encountering a problem with their Canasta cards suddenly disappearing. No, this is not meant to be some sort of magic trick. While we are not absolutely certain why this is happening, we have noticed that most of the people encountering this problem seem to be using MS Java. So we have been telling them how to upgrade to the latest version of Sun Java, and that seems to be doing the trick, or at least fixing the trick.

zeboo

I love canasta, but I ran into the same problem a while back update your java  O0

Libra

Quote from: zeboo on June 19, 2006, 09:52:39 AM
I love canasta, but I ran into the same problem a while back update your java  O0

Now that you mention it, it seemed to have work once I upgraded my java...  :-\

It's been so long, I can't remember exactly. 

tponka

It was so long ago when I finished that game, but I, too, recall having to update java for that one.. I think there's something in the pogo help section that tells you how to update it, if you need..  O0

hades

Libra

Quote from: hades on June 19, 2006, 11:28:41 AM
im trying to avoid canasta.  :-\

It's not so bad.  I'm rank 42.. Played all by hand.  It's 10,000 red threes to rank 43, though!   :))

Lynne

Quote from: Libra on June 19, 2006, 11:50:42 AM

It's not so bad.  I'm rank 42.. Played all by hand.  It's 10,000 red threes to rank 43, though!   :))

:ooo have fun Lib  :)))

Libra

Quote from: Lynne on June 19, 2006, 01:36:54 PM
Quote from: Libra on June 19, 2006, 11:50:42 AM

It's not so bad.  I'm rank 42.. Played all by hand.  It's 10,000 red threes to rank 43, though!   :))

:ooo have fun Lib  :)))

I played it so friggin much that I got sick of it.  I haven't played in MONTHS.  I was thinking I would pick it back up again, but seeing as how I forgot to do my damned badges in my secondary name, I'll be busy with those.  >:D

Julie

Quote from: sueann42 on June 19, 2006, 09:11:31 AM
I play a bit of Canasta now and again and I haven't seen the disappearing card trick this time around, although I did have that problem maybe a year or so ago like some of the others have said.  I didn't do anything with my java and the problem went away itself.  But if Pogo acknowledge the problem and say update your java, well I guess it couldn't hurt to try that :) Apparently it's something that can happen in Texas Hold'em as well, a friend of mine says half his cards sometimes disappear while we're playing.  For some reason it's only the clubs and spades that seem to disappear lol

Mr. Scandalous

That's never happened to me before. I play four player - me and a friend and robots - and we always win, never had that problem.

However, I wish this "magic trick" would happen in Texas Hold'em or 6th Street more and just "magically" replace those missing cards with cards where I can actually win those 'Four Ace's' and so on badges.

Country Lady

I'm done with Canasta.  I played with my sister some and she would lose her cards so often that I just double browsed for her.  She had a problem with Vaults of Alantis also.  She had 8 to 10 tex carters running around on her screen at all times.  :)) :))  She never knew what door she was at.
After she got a new computer the problem went away.  And she is now using sun java more with it updated.

sueann42

Thanks everyone  I tried Firefox with sun java and now canasta works fine

Mr. Scandalous

Quote from: Country Lady on June 20, 2006, 02:49:40 AM
I'm done with Canasta.  I played with my sister some and she would lose her cards so often that I just double browsed for her.  She had a problem with Vaults of Alantis also.  She had 8 to 10 tex carters running around on her screen at all times.  :)) :))  She never knew what door she was at.
After she got a new computer the problem went away.  And she is now using sun java more with it updated.

LOL... awws, I wish I had problems like that. Someone told me I didn't need SJ, only MJ, so I don't have SJ selected... you don't need it for Pogo at least, so I'm not changing it.

ClingFree

Quote from: Mr. Scandalous on June 20, 2006, 03:07:04 AM
Quote from: Country Lady on June 20, 2006, 02:49:40 AM

LOL... awws, I wish I had problems like that. Someone told me I didn't need SJ, only MJ, so I don't have SJ selected... you don't need it for Pogo at least, so I'm not changing it.

Some games and Autos work better with SunJava - its a trial and error thing for me to see which work best with which.

hades

detaridenay

Someone told me that there is a program that you can see other peoples cards while playing is that true??? :/// :OO

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: detaridenay on June 20, 2006, 11:47:25 AM
Someone told me that there is a program that you can see other peoples cards while playing is that true??? :/// :OO

Sorry to disappoint you but the answer is no. However, welcome to the forum.

hades

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview