PlayBuddy
May 20, 2024, 12:08:35 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Words with dual meanings and EA...

Started by hallowkween,

Previous topic - Next topic

hallowkween

:))

Hello,

In order to investigate your issue, please respond to this message the following information.

Platform
Product
Account Name: (Also referred to as Screen Name)
Are you inquiring about an account suspension or are you inquiring about an account termination?

If your inquiry is not about an account suspension or termination, please use the "Ask a Question" feature on support.ea.com. This will get your question to the appropriate department in the timeliest manner.

I already gave that information!  I asked a question What was illegal/in violation regarding the terms of services.

Hello,

You received a warning on your account for violating the Terms of service. This warning was given to make you aware of your terms of service violation. While this warning has no adverse affects on your account, please be aware that further Terms of Service violations may result in account suspension or account closure.

Your Account was warned for the following reason:
<EDITIED OUT>  20:46:26 boobs ] (Pal_sky)

Please take the time to review the EA Terms of Service:
http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp

Thank you,
Electronic Arts Account Administration Team

I read the Rules, but I don't see where that applies to what i said.
CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN?!

Thank you for contacting Pogo support.

Your account was actioned because you were found to be posting inappropriate chat material. It is not permitted to post material on it that would be considered inappropriate for children. The link in association with "boobs" is considered to be posting of ****ographic, which is strictly prohibited. If you ever observe another player linking inappropriate chat, please report that individual using the Report Abuse function. Due to our privacy policy, we cannot share with you the details of any action we may take against another player's account. The following is the inappropriate content that was found in the log:

Account suspensions typically last 72 hour and start approximately at the time you receive the notification. If you would like more information about the Terms of Service, you can read the document at: http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp

Whenever we take action against an account, we send out an email to the registered email address on the account. If you did not receive this email, please be sure to check the junk email folder and your filters to ensure that you are properly receiving emails from us. Please take care.

EA Rep Fylwyn
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

That word isn't ****OGRAPHIC.  So I am still confused on what issue we have? Please Explain further.

Your account was actioned because you were found to be posting inappropriate chat material. It is not permitted to post material on it that would be considered inappropriate for children. The link in association with "boobs" is considered to be posting of ****ographic, which is strictly prohibited. If you ever observe another player linking inappropriate chat, please report that individual using the Report Abuse function. Due to our privacy policy, we cannot share with you the details of any action we may take against another player's account. The following is the inappropriate content that was found in the log:

Account suspensions typically last 72 hour and start approximately at the time you receive the notification. If you would like more information about the Terms of Service, you can read the document at: http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp

Whenever we take action against an account, we send out an email to the registered email address on the account. If you did not receive this email, please be sure to check the junk email folder and your filters to ensure that you are properly receiving emails from us. Please take care.

EA Rep Fylwyn
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

Are you Kidding me? In the ENGLISH dictionary a boob is refereed to :

Etymology: short for 1booby
1 : a stupid awkward person : SIMPLETON
2 : BOOR, PHILISTINE

I DON'T see how that violates EA's Terms of Services.  I think I should be aloud to say that word if i want to, and I don't think it's FAIR that my account be warned for such an idiotic reason.  IN FACT the person who reported me is a BOOB!

So tell me exactly why that word violates the terms of services, again!

Since the word "boob" is a refrence to "breast" and references to such body parts are not appropriate, it is a violation. As there is no context in the comments made to demonstrate usage of another meaning, the violation and subsequent action is in line with our policy. I am afraid that the violation will not be overturned. There is no further appeal.

Please take care.

EA Rep Fylwyn
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

So your saying if a word has Dual meanings I must announce everytime I chat incase someone wants to be a punk and report me?

Another thing is, I don't get why since a word has two meanings you automathicly go for the negitive one.

IS YOUR MIND IN THE GUTTER?! LOL

mr.clean

Jewel

wow, this is exactly why I keep to myself in pogo most of the time anymore.

xx_mandy_xx

crazy_

holy crap... by the sounds of this, if someone says something, anything at all, someone else can take it out of context and put in the explanation of their own interpretation in the report and your history.  This is dumb dumb dumb ... glad I don't chat in there

xx_mandy_xx

Quote from: crazy_ on August 31, 2006, 03:04:16 AM
holy crap... by the sounds of this, if someone says something, anything at all, someone else can take it out of context and put in the explanation of their own interpretation in the report and your history.  This is dumb dumb dumb ... glad I don't chat in there

oh imma report you! don't call me dumb!!  :))

princess

Crazy meant you were dumb as in unable to speak... ;D

dumb (dm)  Pronunciation Key   
adj. dumb·er, dumb·est

Lacking the power of speech. Used of animals and inanimate objects.
Often Offensive.. Incapable of using speech; mute. Used of humans. See Usage Note at mute.
Temporarily speechless, as with shock or fear: I was dumb with disbelief.
Unwilling to speak; taciturn.
Not expressed or articulated in sounds or words: dumb resentment.
Nautical.. Not self-propelling.
Conspicuously unintelligent; stupid: dumb officials; a dumb decision.
Unintentional; haphazard: dumb luck.

Luna

I couldnt help to read it a couple of times. Thats so  :)) Pogo can be a real boob at times :)))

crazy_

Quote from: princess on August 31, 2006, 07:14:00 AM
Crazy meant you were dumb as in unable to speak... ;D

dumb (dm)  Pronunciation Key   
adj. dumb·er, dumb·est

Lacking the power of speech. Used of animals and inanimate objects.
Often Offensive.. Incapable of using speech; mute. Used of humans. See Usage Note at mute.
Temporarily speechless, as with shock or fear: I was dumb with disbelief.
Unwilling to speak; taciturn.
Not expressed or articulated in sounds or words: dumb resentment.
Nautical.. Not self-propelling.
Conspicuously unintelligent; stupid: dumb officials; a dumb decision.
Unintentional; haphazard: dumb luck.

nah I meant dumb as in stupid... but yeah mandy is dumb to  :))  :))  :))

*edited to put in J/K mandy cuz I am *

heavenly

wow this is even worse than suspending an australian for using their slang word for cigarette  which happens to mean something derogatory in the US. i cannot understand why if someone is such a prude that they can't bear to see "boobs" on their chat screen why they don't just turn on the chat filter!!! but they wouldn't do that of course, because their whole reason for being on pogo is just to report people probably

hades

Quote from: heavenly on August 31, 2006, 08:34:56 AM
wow this is even worse than suspending an australian for using their slang word for cigarette  which happens to mean something derogatory in the US. i cannot understand why if someone is such a prude that they can't bear to see "boobs" on their chat screen why they don't just turn on the chat filter!!! but they wouldn't do that of course, because their whole reason for being on pogo is just to report people probably

lol probably are just bitter old prudes who only get excitement in reporting people.

Carol

Quote from: luna on August 31, 2006, 07:19:06 AM
I couldnt help to read it a couple of times. Thats so  :)) Pogo can be a real boob at times :)))

Exactly why I don't chat anymore. It's ridiculous. All the reporting for stupid things like this. What's next? Do we get reported for logging on??? I think pogo is being over run with boobs!  :OO

Carol

Quote from: hades on August 31, 2006, 08:46:50 AM
Quote from: heavenly on August 31, 2006, 08:34:56 AM

lol probably are just bitter old prudes who only get excitement in reporting people.

Hmmm makes me wonder since they made UK & US versions of pogo can they make a separate version for bitter old prudish boobs so the rest of us can play in peace??? ;::

jeffery

IndianLover

It's really sick that you cannot feel safe to just chat anymore, or at least kid around. Some people can be just grrr I'd better not say but sure every1 can figure it out.

gator8_24

I don't chat unless with a friend and then we go private chat.

Carol

Quote from: jeffery on August 31, 2006, 09:50:15 AM
too funny  :))) :))) :))) :))) :))) :))) :))) :)))
This reporting stuff makes me crazy! :ooo :pp :OO :'(( :xx :)))

swissmissy63

I have read somewhere on Pogo, in the community news I think that Pogo doesn't know when community chat stops and private chat starts. I will find it and post it if I can.

Julie

Quote from: swissmissy63 on September 01, 2006, 08:17:16 PM
I have read somewhere on Pogo, in the community news I think that Pogo doesn't know when community chat stops and private chat starts. I will find it and post it if I can.
Apparently that's true, Pogo have acknowledged a glitch with their chat that when a "abuse report" is made in the public chat area, anything being said in private chats in the room also gets picked up at the same time.  Pogo are supposed to be looking into that...yeah right! ::)

It was in the community news section and somebody cut & pasted it here in a thread, I can't seem to find it though.

wattsmyname

Quote from: Julie on September 03, 2006, 01:44:57 AM
Quote from: swissmissy63 on September 01, 2006, 08:17:16 PM
Apparently that's true, Pogo have acknowledged a glitch with their chat that when a "abuse report" is made in the public chat area, anything being said in private chats in the room also gets picked up at the same time.  Pogo are supposed to be looking into that...yeah right! ::)

It was in the community news section and somebody cut & pasted it here in a thread, I can't seem to find it though.
It's not safe to chat on Pogo at all.  :ll

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview