PlayBuddy
June 14, 2024, 09:42:33 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Question Game

Started by xx_mandy_xx,

Previous topic - Next topic

TmT

Quote from: crazy_ on September 05, 2006, 02:32:39 AM
What is the largest word in the dictionary?(and it is not) ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM

PNEUMONO­ULTRA­MICRO­SCOPIC­SILICO­VOLCANO­CONIOSIS
and it is a lung disease caused by breathing volcanic dust ! 

What is the biggest dictionary?

The LOGOS Dictionary contains 7,580,560 entries in 188 different languages -- everything from Abkhazian and Chechen to Yiddish and Zulu. It conveniently differentiates between French and French Canadian, and Portugese and Brazilian Portugese. And it even includes Latin and Old Greek.

Who is the tallest man  in the world?

nightperson

TmT

Quote from: nightperson on September 05, 2006, 05:08:38 AM
Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on September 05, 2006, 02:49:06 AM
Quote from: crazy_ on September 05, 2006, 02:44:14 AM
Why is this page all effed up?
:oo  Ooooo u implied a profanity word...  >>:D whip... lmao

and whack whack  :)))
<fallin outta chair> lmbo  I agree... still rofl  whacky whack and whack yack... lmao

zzigzzag

Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on September 05, 2006, 02:44:25 AM
Quote from: crazy_ on September 05, 2006, 02:32:39 AM
What is the largest word in the dictionary?(and it is not) ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM

PNEUMONO­ULTRA­MICRO­SCOPIC­SILICO­VOLCANO­CONIOSIS
and it is a lung disease caused by breathing volcanic dust ! 

What is the biggest dictionary?

The LOGOS Dictionary contains 7,580,560 entries in 188 different languages -- everything from Abkhazian and Chechen to Yiddish and Zulu. It conveniently differentiates between French and French Canadian, and Portugese and Brazilian Portugese. And it even includes Latin and Old Greek.

Who is the tallest man  in the world?

Robert Waldow  8'11.1 inches

Who is the shortest person in the world.

gator8_24

Gul Mohannad  died Oct '97 22 1/2" tall 37 1/2#

who discovered the polio vaccine and when

justahumping

Jonas Salk  1952

no question, I have way to many people mad at me  :'((

justahumping

well I think I am wrong. I found this as well:

In 1947 Salk became head of the Virus Research Lab at the University of Pittsburgh. He began investigating the poliovirus. To start with, he had to sort the 125 strains of the virus. He found that they fell into three basic types and knew that a vaccine would have to include these three types to protect against all polio. One of the hardest things about working with poliovirus was manufacturing enough to experiment with‹and to make vaccine production practical.

In 1948 researchers at Harvard (J.F. Enders, T.H. Weller, and F.C. Robbins) made a breakthrough with this. They found that the virus could grow on scraps of tissue, without needing an intact organism like a chick embryo. Bacteria usually contaminated the tissue, but Enders' team was now able to get penicillin -- discovered 20 years earlier by Alexander Fleming and developed in the 1940s by Ernst Chain and Howard Florey -- and prevent the bacterial growth. Now viruses like mumps or polio could be created in large quantities for study. This team won the 1954 Nobel Prize in physiology/medicine.

ALSO:
Alexander Fleming discovers penicillin  1928 - 1945

He discovered lysozyme, an enzyme occurring in many body fluids, such as tears. It had a natural antibacterial effect, but not against the strongest infectious agents. He kept looking. Fleming had so much going on in his lab that it was often in a jumble. This disorder proved very fortunate. In 1928, he was straightening up a pile of Petri dishes where he had been growing bacteria, but which had been piled in the sink. He opened each one and examined it before tossing it into the cleaning solution. One made him stop and say, "That's funny."

Some mold was growing on one of the dishes... not too unusual, but all around the mold, the staph bacteria had been killed... very unusual. He took a sample of the mold. He found that it was from the penicillium family, later specified as Penicillium notatum. Fleming presented his findings in 1929, but they raised little interest. He published a report on penicillin and its potential uses in the British Journal of Experimental Pathology.

So I still do not know?

crazy_

I found this Justa

In 1957, in an effort to improve upon the killed Salk vaccine, Albert Bruce Sabin began testing a live, oral form of vaccine in which the infectious part of the virus was inactivated (attenuated). This vaccine became available for use in 1963.

justahumping

Quote from: crazy_ on September 05, 2006, 06:23:50 PM
I found this Justa
In 1957, in an effort to improve upon the killed Salk vaccine, Albert Bruce Sabin began testing a live, oral form of vaccine in which the infectious part of the virus was inactivated (attenuated). This vaccine became available for use in 1963.

I should know the answer to this question because I had a Professor that taught me a lot of science back in 1970 that worked with some others on this.......... I will call a girl that I know in Little Rock and ask her what that Professor's name was..... I never liked science until he started teaching me.....

TmT

Who paused the game?

Jus did... lol <slappin his typin hand>  :))

Who thought of the name of PogoCheats for this forum?

Runner

Unfortunate26

Was it Chester on Gunsmoke?
Michel Gerard on Gilmore Girls was played by what actor?

Runner

Yanic Truesdale is Michel Gerard

Who played the Bionic Man?

codobutts

pammer

The star of Quantun Leap played by Scott Bakula

What is the largest breed of dog?

nightperson

Quote from: pammer on September 08, 2006, 08:57:29 AM
The star of Quantun Leap played by Scott Bakula

What is the largest d of dog?

dont know what that face stand for i git that once so im going with the largest dog

Grant Dane

what does michael jackson and donny osmond have in common

Tara

Younger sisters who became stars.

Who owns this place?  :)))

justahumping

somebody important

Waht country made the first car?

nightperson

Quote from: Tara on September 08, 2006, 02:52:23 PM
Younger sisters who became stars.

Who owns this place?  :)))

i dont know sry i had to put something and that came to mind :))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview