PlayBuddy
May 19, 2024, 01:41:11 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Coffee Shop

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on July 05, 2008, 08:40:51 AM
Thank heaven's July 4th is over with.  It's my least favorite of all holidays.  It ranks right up there with National Take Your Naked Mole Rat To Work Day.

Why you no likey?

Hi, folks, I'm back!  Hope you all had a good weekend.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on July 07, 2008, 08:43:31 AM
Why you no likey?

Hi, folks, I'm back!  Hope you all had a good weekend.

Before the 911 system was in place, I worked for AT&T as a telephone operator.  July 4th was a nightmare for us because we would answer call after call from frantic and screaming mothers needing emergency services because their child was badly injured by the fireworks being set off by drunk or just plain stupid family members and neighbors.  Hearing the kids screaming in the background was gut wrenching.  At the time, after connecting someone to emergency services, be it police, fire or ambulance, we had to stay on the line and monitor the call to make sure the parties weren't disconnected or to assist the callers if need be.  I got calls of kids losing 1/2 their fingers, firecrackers hitting kids in their faces and the worse one I remember was awful and I can't imagine the baby had much of a face left afterwards.  Don't misunderstand, it wouldn't be just 1 or 2 calls, it would be dozens of calls.  And truthfully, if an adult wants to get plastered and blow his OWN hand off, more power to the imbecile, but when kids are the victims... no.  So the way I see it, public fireworks should be outlawed (especially in CA where the fires are so easily started anyway) and just have professional fireworks displays put on by sober, responsible people.  I know many will disagree and you have a right to your opinion, but so do I.

Homer, where the he** is my soapbox smiley? 

Edited to add:  Thanks, H!

Squid

I'm sorry, Stinkeroo... you did tell me this once before.  I'm usually a better listener than that.  Sorry to make you go thru it again.  I don't blame you.  This past weekend at the lake, a boy about 12 had to be rushed to the trauma center for burns when he attempted to ignite fireworks in a enclosed plastic container of some sort.   Hope he's ok... but will we ever learn? 

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Squid

Good morning!  Have a great day.   :^*

Homer

gator8_24

vasunlover

swamp

~Sassy~

:!# Good afternoon...evening. Running a bit late.  :///

I needed to help a certain someone, who shall remain nameless, get their stupid Canasta badge and their other stupid badge the dreaded rated Spades badge.  :-X

:)) :)) :))

gator8_24

Quote from: SassyBear on July 08, 2008, 05:16:40 PM
:!# Good afternoon...evening. Running a bit late.  :///

I needed to help a certain someone, who shall remain nameless, get their stupid Canasta badge and their other stupid badge the dreaded rated Spades badge.  :-X

:)) :)) :))

Oh gee, Here I was about to ask if you could find time to do my stupid spades baadge form 2003 album  :)))

~Sassy~

Quote from: gator8 on July 08, 2008, 08:26:38 PM
Oh gee, Here I was about to ask if you could find time to do my stupid spades baadge form 2003 album  :)))
Gator,
Anytime...for you.
Just pm me when you're ready, I really don't mind helping people.
Sassy
:-*

Squid

Homer

gator8_24

Good Morning! Had a hard time waking up today still  :/o\  maybe need to go to bed at night instead of playing pogo and watching tv!

Sassy, I'll send you a PM. thanks

gator8_24

Good Evening, just read about the new Big Brother house guests and wonder if Homer will have Keesha as his new sig? hey a Hooters waitress and calendar model? :)))

Homer

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview