PlayBuddy
May 20, 2024, 04:43:22 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Coffee Shop

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Hocky

Good afternoon everyone.......have a great Monday!  embarrassed.gif

gator8_24

Good Evening to all the peeps on Santa's  "Nice" list!

Joe C

Quote from: gator8_24 on December 07, 2009, 03:06:08 PM
Good Evening to all the peeps on Santa's  "Nice" list!
Guess I have to bribe Santa again. diablo.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Stinkerbell

We were out driving around and my grandson saw Santa wearing a blue-tooth device and wanted to know why. I explained that back in the day, once Santa left the North Pole with his naughty/nice list, boys and girls would start acting up. Now, Santa can get live updates and can stay in touch with the North Pole so if little Johnny starts misbehaving, Santa will find out. In real time.

Joe C

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 07, 2009, 03:16:25 PM
We were out driving around and my grandson saw Santa wearing a blue-tooth device and wanted to know why. I explained that back in the day, once Santa left the North Pole with his naughty/nice list, boys and girls would start acting up. Now, Santa can get live updates and can stay in touch with the North Pole so if little Johnny starts misbehaving, Santa will find out. In real time.
We tell the boys that we can email Santa about any transgressions. tumbsup.gif

roadwarrior

Wanted to share somthing cool that happened this past Sunday at Church

My family and I are Unitarians.  Last Sunday at service, our Pastor announced to the congregation that as a reminder this Sunday's collection (yes, we do pass the plate around and each Sunday we select a charity for the next week's collection to go to) would be going to The Forgotten Children's fund (http://www.forgottenchildrensfund.org/) sorry, shameless promotion.....

anyway He said he had prepared 3 different versions of what he was going to say for the service and that if the total cash donations for that day was less than $25, service was going to last a full hour.  If the cash donations was less between $25.01 and $50, service was going to last 40 minutes.  If the cash in the basket for the Forgotten Children's fund was $50.01, service was going to last 10 minutes.  Pass the collection plate around, staff will go count it and then we'll find out which one I'll do.

15 minutes later the church treasurer came out and announced there had been $158 left in the collection plate-an all time record.  First time ever she'd seen anything larger than a $10 left in the plate.

That money is going to make a lot of kids happy this year.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

roadwarrior

Oh, and some Christmas trivia:

There are currently 78 people named Santa. Claus living in the USA and 25 Kriss Kringle.

December is the most popular month for nose and boob jobs.

The weight of Santa's sleigh loaded with one 8 inch tall teddy bear for every kid on earth: 333 metric tons

Number of reindeer required to pull that much weight safely:  214,207 including  Rudolph.

To deliver his gifts in one night, Santa would have to make 822.6 visits per second, sleighing at 3,000 times the speed of sound.

The average kid will open 18 presents on Christmas morning worth appox $600

Of those presents:  one in 10 will be broken by the New Year.  40% of those not broken will make it to March.  Out of those toys that make it to March, only 1/4 will be intact by next Xmas.  In other words, 2/10 (20%) Christmas presents given to children will not be torn, broken or outgrown by the following Christmas.

Out of the 46 million of toys given to kids at Christmas worldwide 38 million will be thrown away worldwide by that summer.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Joe C

Stinkerbell

Quote from: roadwarrior on December 07, 2009, 05:55:44 PM
Wanted to share somthing cool that happened this past Sunday at Church

15 minutes later the church treasurer came out and announced there had been $158 left in the collection plate-an all time record.  First time ever she'd seen anything larger than a $10 left in the plate.

That money is going to make a lot of kids happy this year.

Great story, RW.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: justsherry44 on December 07, 2009, 07:09:41 PM
girls18.gif

Honest... can't you get rid of that smiley, Homer? Or maybe it's locked until you have 1,000 posts? Please?

Joe C

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 07, 2009, 08:25:28 PM
Honest... can't you get rid of that smiley, Homer? Or maybe it's locked until you have 1,000 posts? Please?
Can I get an amen on that, sistah? tumbsup.gif

C~M

Quote from: Homer Claus on December 07, 2009, 07:51:10 PM
You just used a smiley. What do you mean you don't have them? undecided.gif

I think they meant the 2 that you & I used wasn't there and they wanted them...lol

C~M

Quote from: Joe C on December 07, 2009, 08:27:00 PM
Can I get an amen on that, sistah? tumbsup.gif

I see Joe's been drinkin' a few tonight....lol

Joe C

Stinkerbell

alyaks

I don't have the profile on my smilies so now what do I do to get the forum?  bbq21.gif party15a.gif drunk.gif party16a.gif

C~M

Quote from: alyaks on December 07, 2009, 11:13:04 PM
I don't have the profile on my smilies so now what do I do to get the forum?  bbq21.gif party15a.gif drunk.gif party16a.gif

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview