PlayBuddy
May 21, 2024, 03:37:54 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Coffee Shop

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

MsMissy

thank you snowflower for your comment & I hope you can figure out .how to put a picture of yours in this topic. I don't no how I did, as I have had that picture for a couple of yrs. LOL & Yoming  2, those are both beautiful cats, but much younger then mine. She is over 18 yrs old now & I don't no how much longer ill have her as I took her 2 the Vet last week & was in tears, cause she wouldn't eat. he said her Heart is great & they took a stool sample & it turned out just fine. nothing in it. I have not spend 1 night away from her since she was born. I gave her some cat grass I buy & grow & next day she started eating again. My daughter-in-law & her daughter each have a cat & they are only 8 yrs old & already they have to eat special food from the vet. But lets just say they don't take care of there's like I do mine. no TLC much for them.  well we need to have a special post just for us who want to talk about there pets. ya think so ??  LOL     hi11.gif

Yoming 2

Quote from: MsMissy on November 27, 2013, 12:00:32 PM
thank you snowflower for your comment & I hope you can figure out .how to put a picture of yours in this topic. I don't no how I did, as I have had that picture for a couple of yrs. LOL & Yoming  2, those are both beautiful cats, but much younger then mine. She is over 18 yrs old now & I don't no how much longer ill have her as I took her 2 the Vet last week & was in tears, cause she wouldn't eat. he said her Heart is great & they took a stool sample & it turned out just fine. nothing in it. I have not spend 1 night away from her since she was born. I gave her some cat grass I buy & grow & next day she started eating again. My daughter-in-law & her daughter each have a cat & they are only 8 yrs old & already they have to eat special food from the vet. But lets just say they don't take care of there's like I do mine. no TLC much for them.  well we need to have a special post just for us who want to talk about there pets. ya think so ??  LOL     hi11.gif

I have had cats and kitties for 50 years.  1st one was a farm feral, but my daughter who was 3 at the time just picked her up and that started the whole thing.   The best one I ever had was called Poncho....he was brought home by the same daughter along with 4 more in the litter----the other 4 all tested for leukemia and had to be put down.  Poncho was a little ball of fur with a goatee.  He lived until he was 19 years old...and one day just laid down and was gone.  I guess he was tired of trying to eat and climb the stairs.  He was a grandpa to every kitty we brought home. He loved to be held and was a dribbler ( when he was petted he would dribble all over you ) I buried him at the corner of my house.....only one I ever buried.  When he died I didn't want anymore, but my daughter found Kitchee in a basket of beanie babies where she worked...she was only 2 months old.  Brought her to me and boy was she a feisty little devil.....but after awhile she decided I was o.k.
Smudge was caught along with her sister by my daughter who works with a TNR ( Trap, Neuter & Release ) program.  She kept the sister and brought me Smudge....and so I now have 2----again.   

mycatownsme

Hello fellow cat lovers and all on board,
I hope your cat starts to feel better soon MsMissy. I believe you have done all you can to make sure she doesn't have any thing wrong with the tests at the Vet. She is older and may just have days where she has no desire to eat. Kind of like how we get as we age. I love reading how well you take care of her. Going to the Vet is costly and a lot of people forget that a cat needs to be seen as much as the dogs.
Your story of how your days of having a cat sounds similar to mine, Yoming. In 1980 my boss found a cat hiding in a corner of his porch in a really bad thunder storm. He couldn't keep it and came to my house with that cat in a cardboard box with a bag of food and a bag of litter. He knew if I saw that little cat, I would take it. And I did. She was the best cat and it seemed like she knew we rescued her. He would have taken her to the pound. I had 2 small boys under the age of 4 and a husband who insisted he did not like cats and never wanted a cat and to never ever even think about getting a cat. She won him over within one day. She would come running to me and meow like crazy when my boys would cry. She acted like she was their mother. Even groomed them by licking their hair. Oh boy, it brings back so many memories just typing here about her. We named her Kitty. Of course. But I have never been sorry that I took that cat. Or any of the others since.
I grow catnip and give it to my cat also. I'm glad you tried that for your cat because it seemed to help get her to eat.

I want to send Happy Thanksgiving wishes to everyone. I hope you have a good day filled with love and happiness.
Lin  embrace.gif

Squid

Wishing all my PC family a very happy Thanksgiving. 
May your day be filled with good food, good friends, loving family.

MsMissy

Too  everyone of you.
mycatownsme, my cat is doing much better lately as she is waking me up & eating. Yes she is old, have a few teeth missing too, but still can bite LOL 

snowflower

I so much enjoy reading the kitty stories ... MsMissy, mycatownsme and Yoming I managed to bring in a pic of her. This is our fur baby, "Teisha," She was the only female among 9 brothers. She was the runt of the litter and the most active (I guess she knew she had to be to get anywhere, lol). After we lost our fur baby "Tasha," of many, many happy years, and brought her home for burial ... this house was just so, so empty and we cried rivers of tears!! So my hubby found this little doll on KIJJI (or however you spell that) .. and we brought her home at just 6 weeks old ~ on my birthday! What a wonderful gift she's turned out to be!! She's a regular little clown that seems to be in tune with everything. She'll come roaring out from nowhere and 'touch' us on the back of our legs making us jump straight in the air - every time! She shares in our sadness (she just seems to know) and has no problem putting a smile on our faces. Nothing much gets by her that she doesn't notice and she sure keeps us on our toes with all of her other heart warming feline antics! She has something to share with us every waking moment ~ even sleeping moments! She snuggles in for the night under the blankets with her head on my pillow and we always know ... in the morning we'll wake up in some kind of a tangle. And then our day starts all over again, with her in the lead we know the sun will shine at our house again today. Our home is just a house without a cat ... now our home is purrrrrrfect! And yes I agree, we should have a thread for our pets! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

mycatownsme

Awe MsMissy,those are just love nibbles. Glad to hear things are going pretty good now.

I have to smile after reading your post Snowflower. It sounds like your new kitty was just what you all needed.
I'm happy for you and your family and congrats on your new furball of fun.

Good Luck to all if shopping for those Black Friday specials. My son and his wife were going to try to get that flat screen tv from Walmart last night for $98. I haven't talked to them yet but they will be here today and so I will find out if they got it.

Hope everyone will be able to relax a bit and enjoy the leftovers from yesterday.  Lin  turkey4.gif

Squid

Quote from: mycatownsme on November 29, 2013, 12:05:01 AM

My son and his wife were going to try to get that flat screen tv from Walmart last night for $98.

I saw that in their flyer!  $98 for a 32 inch flatscreen.  Great deal but you had to be there between 6-7 last night.  Or 6-8.  Tough to do on Thanksgiving.  I chose not to shop on the holiday.  I feel sorry for retail workers around the holidays.

gran2x2

My neighbor went to Wally last night and she snagged me one of them 98$ tv's. They were out but got a raincheck and pick up the 10th. elf2.gif Anyway...Always nice when someone returns a favor..Grandson will love it!!!

weather38.gif Toasty 29' here this morning!!! This can't be Florida!!! snowman1.gif
[/b][/color]

MsMissy

aww, snowflower she is so pretty & im so glad you sound like me & take good care of her. Mine was also the runt out of 6 kitties her mother had& she also sleeps on my arm or pillow at times & I cover her up LOL  I am also glad you got yourself another fur baby& il bet she is too lol   I sure enjoy reading about  are pets       

snowflower

Awe thanks so much mycatownsme and MsMissy!! There's really some pretty interesting stories here. I so enjoy reading about all the pets and really do think we should have a thread for them. Wonder if someone will start one? Think anyone's interested in doing that??
cheerleading.gif
In any case, I hope you all keep em' coming, love to read about all animals. My favourite is cats of course but (among other pets) there are some pretty neat dogs out there too! So ... I really hope this continues ... somewhere here, lol.

MsMissy

Good Morning to all.

Yoming 2

mycatownsme

Hello All,
Son and his wife decided not to try for the tv from wally world. They hope that there may be more sales yet till or after Christmas and try then.
They are here visiting for Thanksgiving and brought their cat and my cat is not happy about this at all.
She will growl and hiss at her and doesn't want a thing to do with her.   no-no.gif
I was surprised she acted this way. At one time she was one of three cats.
I guess now that she is older, she has decided she is the Queen of this house and doesn't want any others in here.
That was so nice of your neighbor to get the tv for you Gran2x2.  tumbsup.gif
Lin

MsMissy

mycatownsme, now that sounds just likemy cat. she doesn't want anything to do with the other 2 that are younger here in the house. She will growl at them, just like yours is doing. saying im the boss here LOL  She was raised just me & my Son, & my poodle before he passed away. No other cats.

mycatownsme

I do wish my would have relaxed a bit. My sons cat is really good and I felt bad she couldn't break that mood.
But there were enough of us here to give lots of attention to them both.
Kind of good to know my cat isn't the only one who does this, and they all have their own purrsonalities.

I hope everyone has a super Sunday.

Lin  elf2.gif

MsMissy

Good Morning all.

mycatownsme

Good Morning,
Hope everyone has a purrfect day.  elf2.gif

Yoming 2

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview