PlayBuddy
May 22, 2024, 11:09:27 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 5 or more dolls in one move 170 times this week! [Download Cheat]
A Way With Words : Make 80 words with all yellow letters this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Coffee Shop

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

mycatownsme

Please forgive my mistake in typing that info date of 2010. That is when the news got out to me when I heard about it in the first place and it was in that report that it was Engler who did the deal when he was in office. Yes, you are right. Maybe a Google search can find out information on this somehow on the computer. I would love to be wrong and have this not be true.
I don't know who made the deal with Canada for Michigan to take their garbage for money. Lord only knows what Canada is sending over here that they can't get rid of there. Canada has also built these large cement encased basements in the ground for the nuclear waste liquid near the shore line of Lake Huron.  Why they would put those containments in the ground for that purpose is just plain stupid. We all know how cement cracks and it's going to be a ticking time bomb for that water to get into Lake Huron and then no one will have clean water around here.
We have Dow Chemical that has put toxic chemicals in the Tittabawassee River which flows into the Saginaw Bay and then into Lake Huron and after lawsuits are now buying up some of the homes along that river because the land is testing positive for high toxins from their plants.
I'm going to do a search now on the computer in regards to Englers deal with China but I stand by what I heard on the news.  But I hope we don't see a time when only the rich will have water and the rest of us will not have any because we won't be able to afford it or even find clean water.
California and other areas are so dry and it's not just due to the weather.
It's scares me to even think about what is going on.
Believe it or not, time will tell.  white flag.gif

Forgot to wish everyone a great Sunday. Lin  giggle2.gif  Got so caught up in this water issue.

mycatownsme

Did a quick search on Google and found some stuff...here is a little of it.
I just typed in Governor Engler selling great lakes water to China and this is a little of what I got...Granholm and Nestle involved also.

"We need to stop the exportation of water from the Great Lakes to China
The only thing they do import from us, which needs to be stopped, is water. China is the biggest consumer of Nestle, which sells several brands of bottled water and the plant is based in northern Michigan. When John Engler was governor of Michigan in 2001, he made an agreement with bottle water giant Nestle, allowing them to open a plant in Mecosta County. They have then pumped more than a 1/2 million gallons of water a day drying up streams and ponds that feed the Great Lakes"

And the second and last one...

"On February 28th Michigan Governor Granholm signed a bill that will, for the first time, permit a multinational corporation to scoop up given amounts of the Great Lakes and sell bottled water across the world. For the first time in history the concept of the Great Lakes as a commons for all to enjoy has been breached. And NAFTA, as we'll see, might insure a run on the Great Lakes.

The new Michigan law allows Nestle Corporation to continue its five-year takings of up to 250,000 gallons per day and sell them at a markup well over 240 times its production cost. Nestle's profit from drawing this water could be from $500,000 to $1.8 million per day. A key proviso is that the bottles can be no larger than 5.7 gallons apiece.

Nestle had been ferociously fighting in court to prevent Granholm from exercising her veto power against diversion, but with her acquiescence to the 250,000 limit, Nestle dropped its suit.

Few Midwesterners are aware that the ubiquitous Nestle bottled water filling their shopping carts is really the peoples' water. How could they know? Nestle calls the water "Ice Mountain," and they adorn their plastic containers with a majestic snowy Mountain, even though there are no such places in Michigan, let alone Mecosta County where it draws the water from four wells 60 miles North of Grand Rapids.

Truth in advertising might require Nestle to label the bottles, "Your Great Lakes for Sale Plundered at a 24,000% mark up."

I don't think a lot of people know about this and I don't know why they do not.

Lin

mycatownsme

MsMissy

Happy Martin Luther Day.

mycatownsme , thanks for posting on this governor. It is very interesting too read. I didn't no about any of this was going on.   tumbsup.gif                                                                         

essybee

mycatownsme

You're welcome MsMissy.  tumbsup.gif  When reading different posts sometimes these things come to my mind and I wonder if I should just stay quiet or do the posting.
Mostly I try to stay on the safe side and enjoy the people and this site. I enjoy it a lot have meet lots of very kind and caring and helpful people.
Happy Badge day. Lin  embrace.gif

MsMissy

mycatownsme

MsMissy

Have a good weekend all, if possible.

MsMissy

Good Morning to everybody on this Sunday.   coffee.gif   hi11.gif

mycatownsme

Good Monday. Still cold and snowy. But nice and warm when I can stay inside.  tumbsup.gif

MsMissy

snowflower

cheerleading.gif And a Wonderful Wet & Windy Monday it is!

mycatownsme

Sue

No school today, Tuesday, here in Alpena, Michigan due to the temps being so low and the windchill. cheerleading.gif

MsMissy

Good Morning  & have a good day. Stay warm where ever it is Snowning or raining.  cheerleading.gif    hi11.gif

gran2x2

yesterday was 65 and sunny..... vacation63.gif

Today we have this...... winter20.gif

WEATHER/MOTHER NATURE IS MORE CONFUSED  THAN A HOMELESS MAN PUT ON HOUSE ARREST!!!!

Yoming 2

MsMissy

Good Morning all.

Yoming2 , I sure like your picture, good place for popcorn, etc. LOL 

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview