PlayBuddy
May 19, 2024, 07:25:57 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NHL

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C

Quote from: bobby on June 08, 2010, 06:06:35 AM
he's a goon low blow.gif
And if he played for your team, you would love him. Read the third puck on the front page.
hysterical.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

bobby

Quote from: Joe C on June 08, 2010, 10:03:10 AM
And if he played for your team, you would love him. Read the third puck on the front page.
hysterical.gif
i saw..hawks will never sign him lol we're up the  ass.gif in contracts due to the cap and gotta dump players...we cant sign anyone except niemi

Joe C

Congratulations Chicago Blackhawks!!!!!
tumbsup.gif

bobby

STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS H TO THE E TO THE L TO THE L TO THE ZZZZZ YESSSSSSSSSSSSS DADADA DADADA DADADADADA DADADA tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif

Homer

Quote from: bobby on June 09, 2010, 08:45:32 PM
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS H TO THE E TO THE L TO THE L TO THE ZZZZZ YESSSSSSSSSSSSS DADADA DADADA DADADADADA DADADA tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif

slap1.gif slap1.gif slap1.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Joe C

Quote from: Homer on June 09, 2010, 08:51:20 PM
The correct post is "Congratulations".
beer11.gif

Homer, Stay classy, Philadelphia.
beer11.gif

By the way, I love the most recent Stanley Cup tradition. Booing Gary Bettman when he comes out to talk. hysterical.gif

Joe C

Quote from: bobby on June 09, 2010, 08:45:32 PM
Congratulations, Bobby!!!!
cheerleading.gif cheerleading.gif cheerleading.gif cheerleading.gif cheerleading.gif cheerleading.gif

Homer

Quote from: Joe C on June 09, 2010, 08:54:47 PM
The correct post is "Congratulations".
beer11.gif

Homer, Stay classy, Philadelphia.
beer11.gif

By the way, I love the most recent Stanley Cup tradition. Booing Gary Bettman when he comes out to talk. hysterical.gif

Joe C

The Toronto Maple Loafs are now on the clock as the team with the longest Stanley Cup drought.

Har har!!!! tease.gif

Joe C

Quote from: Homer on June 09, 2010, 08:56:13 PM
Way to man up and congratulate Bobby, Homer!!
camera.gif camera.gif camera.gif
Are you like the Fonz trying to say "I was wrong"?
tumbsup.gif

bobby

Quote from: Joe C on June 09, 2010, 08:57:49 PM
Way to man up and congratulate Bobby, Homer!!
camera.gif camera.gif camera.gif
Are you like the Fonz trying to say "I was wrong"?
tumbsup.gif
this one is for my dad who i bought season tickets with 2 years ago and he never got to witness lord stanley in his life beer11.gif btw june 22nd schedule comes out for next season tumbsup.gif

bobby

is it rubbing it in if i go from my usual victory cigar to a cheap little philly? giggle2.gif

bobby

btw all the crap i put up over the years you can't really appreciate the cup like i do unless you sat thru all this during the years and watched every second of every minute of every shift of every game
  white flag.gif

Joe C

Quote from: bobby on June 09, 2010, 09:40:39 PM
this one is for my dad who i bought season tickets with 2 years ago and he never got to witness lord stanley in his life beer11.gif btw june 22nd schedule comes out for next season tumbsup.gif
My Dad and I had a great phone call October 29, 2004 and talked about how my grandfather never got to see the Red Sox win the World Series.
beer11.gif

Joe C

Quote from: bobby on June 09, 2010, 10:18:31 PM
is it rubbing it in if i go from my usual victory cigar to a cheap little philly? giggle2.gif
I would not reprimand Homer from slapping you for THIS post. You would definitely deserve it for that comment.
slap1.gif

bobby

Quote from: Joe C on June 10, 2010, 08:19:52 AM
I would not reprimand Homer from slapping you for THIS post. You would definitely deserve it for that comment.
slap1.gif
giggle2.gif giggle2.gif giggle2.gif

bobby

Joe C

Quote from: bobby on June 17, 2010, 12:28:07 PM
no love for halak i guess huh joe
Carey Price is better but he needs to be more consistent. The real reason is the Habs kept Price and traded Halak is that Halak is much smaller. Next year, a goalie's pads will be sized based on the goalie's height.
tumbsup.gif

Homer

Saturday, June 19, 2010
Flyers get Hamhuis from Predators

The Flyers have traded defenseman Ryan Parent back to the Nashville Predators in exchange for the rights to defenseman Dan Hamhuis and a conditional draft pick in 2011.

Hamhuis can be a free agent July 1, meaning the Flyers now have exclusive negotiating rights with him until them.

"Obviously, our intention is to get him signed prior to that date and that is what our aim is at this point in time," added general manager Paul Holmgren said. "The sooner that we get going on trying to get this done, the better."

Hamhuis, 27, recorded 24 points (5 goals, 19 assists) and 49 penalty minutes in 78 regular-season games with Nashville in 2009-10. He also posted two assists and two penalty minutes in six games of the Western Conference quarterfinal series with Chicago.

"Dan Hamhuis is a good all-around defenseman," said Holmgren. "He has been in Nashville since his draft year. He's a guy who can play lots of minutes and he can play in a lot of different situations, from power play to killing penalties. He is another athlete we'd like to add to our team to continue to improve our defense."

In six full seasons of play in the NHL, all with the Predators, Hamhuis has compiled 32 goals and 129 assists for 161 points and 375 penalty minutes in 483 regular season games, in addition to nine points (1G,8A) and 18 penalty minutes in 28 career playoff games. He was a first-round pick in 2001.

"Obviously it is sad to leave the Predators. I spent some great years with them and it is great organization to be a part of," said Hamhuis. "I've heard nothing but great things about the city of Philadelphia and the Flyers.

"I think Philly has an unbelievable defensive core," added Hamhuis. "To join a core like that makes the Flyers one of the tougher ones in the league. To play against the teams from the East, the conference has a lot of great forwards, and watching the playoffs, having a great defense will get you a long way."

Parent was acquired by the Flyers as part of the Peter Forsberg trade with Nashville.

"I think Ryan is a good kid," said Holmgren. "He is an extremely hard worker. We certainly thank him for his services and his time here. He has a lot of upside as a player and he is going back to an organization that obviously knows him because they drafted him."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/frequentflyers/Flyers_get_Hamhuis_from_Predators.html#ixzz0rKrpK8O6
Play fantasy sports and win cash prizes instantly. Philly.com's Instant Fantasy Sports Games

bobby

getting players from a team we ousted in round 1 will not help you get past the hawks  hysterical.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview