PlayBuddy
May 17, 2024, 04:20:29 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

pointless

Started by krakka,

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintHiρρo

Those were all great posts and replies. Just throwing my 9 cents in: while I did use to think of having badges as a sense of pride and now everyone has them, I do still take pride in knowing I got my badges on the 1st day they game out (in the past Tuesday, now Wednesday). I also take pride in wearing my mobile badges because I know not everyone has them and for the few that have access to the mobile games, not many (if any) are wearing tough long games like Tri-Peaks mobile rank 4 or 5 (only 10% towards that last badge... game is really making my tick) so there is still some pride to be had from those badges.

I know not everyone has the money to get a cell phone, switch their provider or have the time but the original purpose of Pogo was to play the games so while you might find it pointless to go after badges that every other John or Jane Doe may have, at least remember to enjoy the games you're playing!

BadgeHelpOscar

That's 7 cents more than you are supposed to get.... ;) jk
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

Eagles Fan

Quote from: BadgeHelpOscar on January 09, 2006, 06:19:11 PM
That's 7 cents more than you are supposed to get.... ;) jk

lol we better be careful then lmao ;D

tigereyes

Quote from: krakka on January 08, 2006, 04:50:58 PM
It might just be me, but after pogo started making personal challenges and started coming out with all these new games and badges, the badges kinda became pointless. Its not like i dont like playing and earning them anymore. Its just now that there are all of these badges out here, everyone has all the same badges, and everyone is basically doing the same game as everyone else, and the same thing. It's almost gotten to the point that some games i dont wanna play just cuz everyone already has that badge and ill just be another person with it, you know nothing special. for example Jigsaw Detective, right away everyone started playing that game and caught up and got all the badges and are just waiting for next month to get the next months, when everyone has it, you just think you are the same as that person, and have to do something better than them, or get a badge they dont have, but someone else already has it, back when club pogo first came out you never had that problem, because you could never go back and do a challenge so at that time i always "wore" my tsunami badge, and no1 else had it, now i look at a room and at least 1 person is "wearing" it. Maybe it is just me, the only thing i can do is try to get WWW cuz only about 100-200 people have that badge total. Anyone else no what i am talkin about

- krakka

If you think that it's pointless to get the badges then don't play. It's suppose to be about having fun. There will always be badges that you have that others may not have. I like the fact that pogo still has all the other badges from past albums being that I became a member in December 04. I don't care what badges some may have that I don't have. It's not about that for me. I just like to play the games and get the badges for my enjoyment.

Country Lady

You know I collect vaseline glass, I don't t care what other people think or say or collect.  I like it so I collect it.  Same way with badges.  I collect them, I like them.  I pay for them when I have to.  I enjoy the challenge of getting them.  And if I can't make it by the dead line..... ;) there is always Badge Help.
Pogo is like a bar, your going to find people in there that should be spending their money at home.  But it is their business where they spend their coins.

MidnightToker62

Absolutely their business. It's just kinda hard not to pass judgement when people open their lives to scrutiny in a public chatroom.

Pogo is a lot like Vegas. You see people there with that deperate hopeless look that you know just gambled away their life savings, or the kids college funds or worse. Pogo's an addiction to some just like any other.

I mean, good Lord I have heard people on Pogo crabbing that they had to have their teeth all pulled but couldn't afford to buy false teeth. I swear this is true I have seen this particular issue more than once in my years on Pogo. Amazing !!

Quit buying games and internet and buy some dang teeth!!!! LOL
Or the people complaining they ain't got enough money to pay their rent, Christmas for the kids, etc.

Whatever, it's their decision where and how to spend their money.
Gotta admit though, it sure makes for some entertaining reading at times and makes those boring endless games go faster.

~toker~

BoredNItaly

Quote from: MidnightToker62 on January 09, 2006, 10:34:25 PM
Absolutely their business. It's just kinda hard not to pass judgement when people open their lives to scrutiny in a public chatroom.

Pogo is a lot like Vegas. You see people there with that deperate hopeless look that you know just gambled away their life savings, or the kids college funds or worse. Pogo's an addiction to some just like any other.

I mean, good Lord I have heard people on Pogo crabbing that they had to have their teeth all pulled but couldn't afford to buy false teeth. I swear this is true I have seen this particular issue more than once in my years on Pogo. Amazing !!

Or the people complaining they ain't got enough money to pay their rent, Christmas for the kids, etc.

Gotta admit though, it sure makes for some entertaining reading at times and makes those boring endless games go faster.

~toker~

LOL I see the same convo's in rooms and sometimes I have to chime in.......THe funniest chats I have seen is someone with a back injury cant work hurts to bad to sleep so they are up over 24 hours taking pain meds , cant pay there bills because they are off work but on the internet playing CLUB pogo has all the badges and you can tell they use a auto or the glitchs and hurting so freakin bad but sitting at a desk typing and playing a game on the computer but cant sit up good due to a back problem.
LOL if I hurt that bad I beat you I wouldnt be sitting at a desk playing POGO  couldnt afford the internet connection pay club pogo buy the prem albums and autos.

BlooMagoo2

hey i'm new and just getting the hang of this so dont laugh or anything if i totally mess up :-[ <.> "" +-+ ;:: ;:" :;' :pp :OO :'(( :'(( :xx :ox VV <3 :)) :))) :-X O+O +++ <:> ++ <> <?> <O>

wattsmyname

Quote from: BlooMagoo2 on September 17, 2006, 06:55:21 AM
hey i'm new and just getting the hang of this so dont laugh or anything if i totally mess up :-[ <.> "" +-+ ;:: ;:" :;' :pp :OO :'(( :'(( :xx :ox VV <3 :)) :))) :-X O+O +++ <:> ++ <> <?> <O>

Welcome to Pogo Cheats Forum..   ;:"

Carol

Quote from: MidnightToker62 on January 09, 2006, 10:34:25 PM

~toker~

I have seen this many many times over the years I have been on Pogo. My question always is if you can't afford necessities how do you afford internet let alone club & premiums etc???? I used to see one person who had huge medical problems that involved severe pain and could not work etc, was always on the verge of being evicted and starvation and worried how she would feed her kid. I know many people feeling sorry for her and actually sent her money to help out. While that was a nice gesture I wondered why people didn't clue into the fact that despite these issues she never had a problem with losing her internet etc. And she never actually did get evicted and managed to be online almost all day everyday. Can you say SCAM???? I think most actually did start to put it together but it took some time.
As a mom myself I do know that if times were tough and I needed to make cut backs this stuff would be the first to go. Kids and their needs: food, home, christmas gifts etc, etc would take much greater priority than pogo or internet.
I joined club when it first came out, and over the past years there have been lots of changes.
I love getting badges and I am totally hooked on them! I am not worried about who has what badges or
how many may have it. As a few others stated in previous posts it's all about the personal enjoyment.
As for the original post that started this thread, umm I got the Tsunami badge on the very day it came out lol as many others did that I know of and I am sure many more that I am not aware of. And I did get it on my own no use of autos as those were the days when I did not know about autos lol. I might add I got the pop fu black belt badge without them as well. And I do have the www badge mostly manual (which was killing me) but then that was when I discovered bh and got some help from my trusty uncle to finish it off. The point is, however you play, it is supposed to be fun & enjoyable. When it's not it's time to take a break or just walk away. ++
Anyway, thats my 15 cents on that. (Stepping down off the soapbox) ;::

BadgeBabe

Gosh, I guess I am weird. I never look at any other player's profile or badges unless I enter a room and see an unfamiliar badge, then I will check out the badge. Usually I have it and forgot about it or never looked at the room icon, but if I spent my Pogo play time looking at profiles, I wouldn't get much playing done. I play with chat off, and am a lot happier not worrying about what everyone else is saying and doing or whether they are reporting ME for chatting, cheating, not chatting, etc.

I majored in Psych. in undergrad. school. I learned  that some people are motivated internally to do positive things, and some people are motivated by external factors  like peer pressure, financial incentives, or recognition of achievement.

It would seem to me that the ONLY reason to pay and play on Pogo is for one's own enjoyment of some part of the experience. Playing on Pogo is a prime example of Internal Motivation. For me, it's playing some games myself, and letting the autos play the rest. I like challenging myself to get X number of game rank badges in X amount of time, whether I'm playing or the auto is.

I can't see any possible external reward from playing on Pogo unless a person is misguided enough to think that they will win a large JP. Or people who take pride in being tops in leagues, which I don't know a thing about as I do not like to compete against other players for a " win".
I hope that those who think you should have special badges just for you or more badges than other people will rethink the entire Pogo experience. Maybe it would make you feel better to dress up your Mini in something new, or learn a new Pogo game, or buy a new auto program and watch it win badges.. Something positive that you do for you to make Pogo more fun. :)

Life's too short to worry about what other people have and do. As the timeless and wise words written in  " Desiderata" say:

"If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. "

Peace!!
:-*

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview