PlayBuddy
May 03, 2024, 10:32:44 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Anyone else having problems with the Chameleon badge?

Started by rnwb,

Previous topic - Next topic

rnwb

I activated the Chameleon badge in Jungle Gin as my personal challenge, that's the one where you have to win three 500-point matches.  I won one this morning, but it didn't give me credit! I don't know if it's a glitch from when they upgraded the game, or what. I already sent a message to Pogo Support, but they're usually pretty useless. 

Has this happened to anyone else?  I'm almost finished with the 2003 badge album (finally!!) so this is really frustrating!

rnwb

I think I may have found the answer to my own question.
Found this in Pogo's help section:

QuoteI'm doing Tikka's Badge, and I didn't get credit for a match that I won. What happened?
Unfortunately, it's possible that if your opponent (human or robot) wins the last hand, but not the 700-point match, you may not get credit for that match. The development team has been made aware of this issue, and we hope it will be addressed soon.

In the meantime, you may want to select a different Premium Badge to do instead. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

That's what happened with my 500 match, the bot won the last hand, but I won the match. But it's okay because they hope to have it addressed "soon"! <major eyeroll>

rnwb

In case anyone's interested, that's exactly what the problem was. I just won another 500-point match, but this time, I won the last hand as well, and lo and behold, I got credit toward the badge this time. What gets me is, the Tikka's Badge they mentioned has been out for quite a while; you'd think they would have fixed this glitch by now...

Julie

Thanks a lot for that info! O0 I have 3 badges left to do for 2003 and I activated that very badge for this week.  I'll see how it goes for me <:>

rnwb

Good luck! I was able to complete my challenge.  As luck would have it, I won three more 500-point matches; each time, I also won the last hand, so I got credit for them.

As if I needed more proof that Pogo Support is useless, I got this response from them:

QuoteHi there,

Thank you for contacting Club Pogo Support.

There is some confusion about winning this week's challenge in Jungle Gin. Please note that in order to win the badge you MUST set the game up properly. Make sure that when you set up the game you set the game up under "GinTable Game Options" as follows:

- Make sure you check the 'Multi-Game Match' box
- Under 'Score That Ends Match,' choose '500' (or whatever score requirement is given in the challenge description).

With these settings, you will be able to win the Challenge and earn the badge.

They just don't have a clue, do they?  :-[
I had mentioned to them that I won a 500-point match, so obviously, I had the game set up properly. Oh, and I love the part about how it's "this week's challenge". LOL

CanadianPrincess

It happened to me too before the upgrade.  On the up side, when I did the Tikka's badge after the upgrade, I lost the match but won the last game and got credit for it, so I guess that made up for it.

Julie

Quote from: rnwb on September 21, 2006, 07:07:21 AM
Good luck! I was able to complete my challenge.  As luck would have it, I won three more 500-point matches; each time, I also won the last hand, so I got credit for them.

As if I needed more proof that Pogo Support is useless, I got this response from them:

QuoteHi there,

There is some confusion about winning this week's challenge in Jungle Gin. Please note that in order to win the badge you MUST set the game up properly. Make sure that when you set up the game you set the game up under "GinTable Game Options" as follows:

- Under 'Score That Ends Match,' choose '500' (or whatever score requirement is given in the challenge description).

I had mentioned to them that I won a 500-point match, so obviously, I had the game set up properly. Oh, and I love the part about how it's "this week's challenge". LOL

Yep, that's Pogo for ya ::) lol

CanadianPrincess

"Hello, Pogo?  NASA just called and one of their rocket scientists is missing.  Can you please send him/her back?  Thanks."

Duh!

Julie

Quote from: rnwb on September 21, 2006, 07:07:21 AM

QuoteHi there,

OK I got the badge O0 as it turned out it wasn't a hassle, I won every game anyway ;)
2 more badges to go and I'm done with 2003 too, I have dice derby and greenback to look forwards too :xx lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview