PlayBuddy
May 21, 2024, 11:22:33 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 5 or more dolls in one move 170 times this week! [Download Cheat]
A Way With Words : Make 80 words with all yellow letters this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Fish

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

LOL. All this talk about goldfish has me thinking about the old carny game where you toss ping pong balls at fish bowls and the prizes were....yup you guessed it GOLDFISH ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

bob@pogopal

That's a much more wholesome association with goldfish than any I have. LOL

Homer

Gee...let me guess....you've swallowed a few in your day Bob? :P j/k

bob@pogopal

Nope. Never belonged to a fraternity, but that is nevertheless one of the associations I have. I also remember feeding time for the piranha that the don at my residence used to keep. And do you know those little cheesy crackers? We used to have fights with them in the hallway. (It was kinda like paintball before paintball was invented--without all the wussy protective gear.)

I remember a couple of times when "John the Janitor" came off the elevator on our floor with an abject look of despair. While not directly linked to goldfish, I remember his immortal words one morning: "What happened? Did Colonel Sanders kick the shit out of Kelloggs?!?"

I better stop there. I don't want to be kidnapped and tortured by PETA.

Ahhh, to be young and irresponsible! If only we could do it without the anxiety and uncertainty, eh?

DEBKARLAR

i think of the goldfish crackers
Bite their heads off

Homer

I figured I better turn this into another thread. Got a little OT.

My brother had piranhas and he used to feed them goldfish. I felt bad for the goldfish the piranhas seem to attack them from behind and bite them in half leaving the front ends still frantically trying to swim away. :'( Ok so I'm a sensitive guy. :P

Your goldfish cracker story reminded me of a story from one of my jobs. I used to work in a warehouse in the bowels of an office building and one year we got a fruit basket from someone for the department as a present. So being the little mischievous types that we were back then we went out into the hallway which was all concrete and cinderblocks, paced of about the distance of the pitchers mound to home plate and proceeded to throw the fruit at the wall. Well I don't need to tell you about the mess it was making but after we were done one of the janitors knocks on our door and points at the mess and says "What is this?" I replied, "Don't know but it looks like fruit salad to me." We never laughed so hard before in our lives the poor janitor didn't know what to say. He wasn't expecting my reply. ;) :P

bob@pogopal

Slicing off the goldfish tails so they could have fresh goldfish at their leisure was the pattern I observed with piranha too. It was more than a little disturbing, and reminiscent of those nightmares where one runs and runs and runs but gets nowhere. And it did give a very helpless feeling.

At least when my cat brings home live game, I can open the door for the dogs, and they will finish the poor thing off quickly (the prey--not the cat.) You would think the cat would learn not to bring his "friends" home, but cats are just funny that way I guess.

I checked the fishing regs. I think I will get up early and catch some walleye tomorrow.

Homer

Yes, it's strange but they do that with the fish. I liken it to cartoons where the feet are running but you don't actually go anywhere. LOL

I have 3 cats. Living in the city I keep them in doors. I can't have my girls getting hit by cars etc.

Good luck with the fishing. ;)

jtp11678

mmmm Minnow shots!!  no im not a frat boy just a guy that has done his FAIR share of those dang shots ,   the liquor slows em down if you let them sit for a sec. i prefer mine w/ jager, or yukon jack

Homer

Blue Aquarius

Just a side note in case anyone didn't know, cats that go outside and bring prey such as mice, snakes, birds, and so on, do that to show their sign of love for you.  One of my cats used to bring mice to the door on a regular basis.  I would open the door and there she would be sitting there looking up at me as if to say "look mom this is all for you."  I would just say "awwww good girl."  Then I would be cussing under my breath as I cleaned it up.   :P

ImRicherThanUAll

Element

yea i heard that a long time ago also, about cats bringing in their prey to show love...it seemed crazy to me though lol

bob@pogopal

I know you all are dying with suspense to find out how my fishing went... [Vain? Who's vain? -Ed]

I failed to get up early so I did some evening fishing instead. I hooked up my best walleye jig with a yellow and chartreuse jig head and one of those black plastic leeches that come marinated in slimy, smelly goop. I got three good strikes that all put up very good fights, and I landed one nice chubby three pound fish. Out of the water the "walleye" looked a lot more like "largemouth" so I quickly released it and stopped fishing.

(It is one of the great mysteries of the universe and a primary difference between the sexes that any woman can immediately recognize "teal" or "taupe" while men can immediately recognize "chartreuse", "candy apple" or "metal flake".)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview