PlayBuddy
May 15, 2024, 12:20:52 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

ELETRIC PRICES ARE THROUGH THE ROOF

Started by Lywarior1,

Previous topic - Next topic

Lywarior1

I don't know if anyone else has this problem with their eletric company, But here's my problem.  I live in FLA in a very small trailer by myself.  My eletric bill has been $200 to $300 dollars per month.  Im only useing the computer and lights basically the Eletric usage is only $60-$75.00 per month the rest of that is for fees and fines.
Im really mad about it I only get SSI and I still have to pay my rent.  So last month I let them come out and turn it off which they did.  Then I found out how to turn back on the meter.  Problem is they found out about it and charged me and closed out my account and took the meter.  So I went and stole another meter off of one of the empty lots.  I am not paying them $200-$300 dollars in fees and fines.  That's just a rip off.  Im not willing to make the city of
Tallahasse rich off of me.  I'd rather use the money to pay off some other bills. This just makes me madder then hell >:( >:( >:( >:( And Im not paying for it period. They can't stop me from useing the meter even if they keep on takeing it.
I'll just go steal another meter one can always get a meter.  If worst comes to worst I'll leave the power off beteen 9-5pm and have it on in the evenin and screw them >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Element

lmao...my dad told me when he was a kid people around the block would pay him $10 to turn their electricty back on when it got shut off  ;D  ;D he said he made a killing by doing that lol

Homer

I sympathize with your situation but I wouldn't be surprised if the next time the electric company comes a knockin they bring company. :-\

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Lywarior1

I throught of that one Homer and if they do come knockin down my door with the police Im not home lol.  They can't just break down my door I have my rights

Raine

Does the electric comany that serves you there have any programs to help low income people? Or maybe some organization there may be able to help? If the electric company does come out with company, may cost more than your electric bill to get out of the clink.  :-\

fatkid

QuoteI throught of that one Homer and if they do come knockin down my door with the police Im not home lol.  They can't just break down my door I have my rights
Don't be so sure about that... When the Man comes to town, everyone bows... And if you don't, rights or not, you'll go to jail...

Lywarior1

I don't bow to anyone, But wouldn't they have to take me to court to charge me for electric?  But I did call the sheriff's office and they told me that the only way that they would be involed in thief of services is if it was grand thief.  Which in FLA is anything over $500 And then the eletric company would have to prove it was me who did it and not someone else.  Like finger prints on the inside of the meter. Which there's no any because I had gloves on when I did it.  But if worst comes to worst I'll just move to another state.  Catch me if you can copers ;D ;D ;D ;D

fatkid

Ummmmmm
Famous last words maybe? -.-
Quote...Which in FLA is anything over $500...
Quote...My eletric bill has been $200 to $300 dollars per month...

So that will take what, 2 months tops?

Quote...And then the eletric company would have to prove it was me who did it and not someone else...
Police Officer: "Lady is this your power meter here?"
Lady: "Why no sir!  I've never seen that power meter in my life."
Police Officer: "So then how did it get here?"
Lady "Well gosh officer, it must have just jumped on its' own two legs and landed right there."
Police Officer: "Riiiiight"

QuoteBut if worst comes to worst I'll just move to another state.
Best idea yet... Turn it into a federal crime (cross the state boarder)... I'm sure you're just dying to get the FBI involved...

Not trying to be a jerk or anything... More of a realist... Might want to think about how much the power is really worth to you...

QuoteI don't bow to anyone
QuoteAnd if you don't, rights or not, you'll go to jail...

Get that orange jumper ready....  :-\

honeypyye

One consolation is....Debter's Prison ceases to exist so she won't go to jail for owing money...BUT, they can put a lien on any tangible assets she has....hmmmmm...Own the Trailer?

Element

the electric company isnt gonna do sh*t about you turning ur electric back on but once they take ur meter then i gotta say ur s.o.l. lol

Lywarior1

Quote from: honeypyye on May 14, 2004, 02:09:51 PM
One consolation is....Debter's Prison ceases to exist so she won't go to jail for owing money...BUT, they can put a lien on any tangible assets she has....hmmmmm...Own the Trailer?
No I don' own the trailer I rent it, and once more my only souce of income is SSI and they can't touch that.  Also how far is the eletric company gonna take it, to the FBI HA I think not.

Element

dont worry lady, i dont think there're gonna do anything about you putting another meter on there but you never know.. :-\

ImRicherThanUAll

Electic Bills here arent bad consittering i have a big house ..

Lywarior1

ok bottom line on this one and this is all I'll say about this, If I happen to get caught at stealing the eletric I'll just use my old standby and yes this works like a charm I've actually used this before in court. And that is I simply play dumb, Now most people can't get away with this one but I can because I happened to have a disablity that deals with brain damage.  Well Gee judge no one told me it was illegel to turn back on my lights. I didn't know I was breaking the law, Yea right and if you believe that one I have some spoam land in FLA I can sell to ya HA HA HA

Lywarior1

Just in case anyone has been wondering what the eletric company will do with me I just got the answer in the mail.  They sent me a notice saying that my account has now been spended for one year.  Which means that even if I pay them they won't come out and turn back on my lights.  Guess that mean I get free lights for one year and I'm not going to jail.  Cause it was on city paper so this letter was from the city and they did bill me for the amount of eletric I used according to them after I turned back on my lights.  So there's your answer people no Jail time for me woooowooooo :D :D :D :D :D :D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview