PlayBuddy
May 07, 2024, 02:41:41 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

playing all night

Started by Hesh,

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesh

Hey all, was wondering how those of you who can leave their cheats running all night have your puter set up. I constantly get booted when I try to let any auto run overnight.I was wondering what settings you have and what might be bouncing me off all the time. Do you use firefox/IE7/disable anything else besides screensaver/turn monitor off/clear the cache before you start,etc. I would love to be able to go to sleep and wake up with it still running and would love to hear your specific settings! Thanks!  O0

Homer

Like Ron Popeil says...

I just set it and forget it. :/\

The only time I get booted is when pogo goes down. !@#$

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Hesh

so i'm doing something wrong-just don't know what,lol. i've used 2 different O/S's/disabled all scheduled programs/updates/same w/screensaver/tried sun and ms java/firefox and ie 6 & 7 and still get friggin booted! how dare pogo actually make me work for my badges!  >:((

Homer

I don't know what to tell you. I use the recommended settings and let it rip.  ?.? ?.? ?.?

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Runner

Quote from: Hesh on March 08, 2007, 06:23:04 AM
so i'm doing something wrong-just don't know what,lol. i've used 2 different O/S's/disabled all scheduled programs/updates/same w/screensaver/tried sun and ms java/firefox and ie 6 & 7 and still get friggin booted! how dare pogo actually make me work for my badges!  >:((

It's probably your ISP. 

ICER

I never had a problem with my main account (pogo club member), but with my secondary account (non pogo club) in the past it did shut down on me when I was running both accounts same time all nite long..wasn't my ISP or pogo's fault my main account ran fine all nite long. As we all know non-pogo members have that intermission and some ads run on Shockwave (Macromedia Flash) what is happening here is a error by the flash.ocx file, this file is called a add-on too and it interfere's with my web browser (IE7) with some of the ads pogo uses. You can disable it (active X control) but I believe pogo needs it to run good, what I did was upgrade it and seems to be ok now last few times I ran my secondary account.Not sure this is your problem, but don't hurt to upgrade (Shockwave Flash Object). By the way my non-pogo club account is for tokens...when it hits 700k I tranfer 500k to main account and keep 200k in secondary one (like to shop at the mall on pogo).Hope this helps! 8)

Tara

I agree with Runner, it's probably your ISP.  I do reboot my computer before bed and just run it regular like you do during the day.

Hesh

thanks for the info all. it probably is my isp,i'll bet they have timeouts or something similar. before joining club pogo i never ran my puter on any programs for that length of time.thanks again!  gb.gif

HypnotizedMind

i use firefox and ive never had any probs lettin it run all nite!!!

Tracey

i use IE all night and it works dead on for me . except for battle phlinx when i was doing that badge

apple

teresa_aaron

I have aol and I only can find certain games that will run all through the night like Qwerty and Steller Sweeper and a couple more the rest I have to babysit or my internet will turn off. I have a friend that has dsl and he says he has no problems with any of them. So, yes I would agree it is our isp and aol is the worst I am fixing to change to dsl myself. I just have been waiting so long for them to get it in my area i live in the middle of no where lol.. So, it has been one heck of a wait.. I would say if you are able change to dsl i think you will have a better chance of waking up and still seeing them running.. Teresa

knightrider13195

just because you have aoH@ll doesn't mean you have to use that browser. You can download firefox or explorer and just minimize the aol window. Yes there is a way to disable the "timer on disconnect" I believe its in the options of aol. Will do some digging and get back with more on the timer issue.

teresa_aaron

i did disable the disconnect option on aol and it still disconnects me except with a few games and weather or not i pull down the aol browser it will still disconnect me. I have both IE and Foxfire. And, the same thing happens. I have tried to get help on this issue before and no one could help me. I have even called aol about it. And, they have no idea what I can do to make it stop they are just as stupid about it as anyone else is. Thanks a lot for the thought though.. Teresa

Ms.Behavin

teresa_aaron

yes is there something you know that i dont know cause i have worked a lot with it and can not figure out how to keep most games running through the night.. thanks Teresa

Pogo#1cheater

i have cable and have never had a problem running it all night 8)

Hesh

I also have aol and i used it to sign-up for club pogo.But i never use it to play on pogo, or anything else except my email,lol. the problem is definately my isp which is the cable company. i guess it depends where you live for the
isp's policy on timeouts. mine severely limits bandwidth,my speeds go from 700 kbs to 50 kbs during the day. i did some checking and they have a semi-secret security dept. monitoring all usage and if you exceed it at all they think you're doing something illegal and cut your time and speed to virtually nothing.think i may have to check out verizon, which is new here, to see what their policy is. it just pisses me off that some nerd in a dark room has control over what i do and they never even tell you!  >:((

jeffy

there is more than isp problems on some games like the new makeover madness and perfect pair solitaire my java freezes up a lot im constantly trying to clear my cache and java files but it still will only play for a few hours then freeze
hope this helps

Hesh

thanks for the info Jeffy. I knew perect pair was part of the problem-pogo told me to run it in 16 colors,lol. I may   0: have solved my staying connected problem.For any others who might have the same thing going on here's my cable ISP's solution and it's a bit technical but I'll do my best,lol. I have a modem from the isp to connect to the internet and a wireless router for my home network. Apparently I had them connected wrong even though I followed the instructions. If you have a USB cable(has the little pitchfork looking symbol on it) AND an ethernet cable(connection looks like a phone jack) connected to your modem and router just disconnect the USB cable from your modem-you don't need it and it is a slower,less reliable connection than ethernet. I still have internet access on all the computers sooooo...so far so good. Gonna leave pogo running for a while and see if I still get booted but the cable company says that was the issue. Hopefully this makes sense and works!!!  0:  Good luck to any others with same problem!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview