PlayBuddy
June 05, 2024, 07:22:00 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

VA Tech Shooting, 30 Dead

Started by Ms.Behavin,

Previous topic - Next topic

zeboo

Monkey

All of the stations are reporting different numbers.

CNN says 22 dead
ABC says 29 dead
FOX says 32 dead

Ms.Behavin

I have some friends that go there. I can't get a hold of them.  :((

TmT

My sister-in-law jus called me inquirin if my older daughter is there.... wrong school, I told her.... but my prayers goes out to the parents concerned if their child is okay and even more to the parents that loss their child.

Ms.Behavin

Well I heard it was at the dorms, so none of my friends stay there. My heart goes out to all those families. What a tragedy.

harley89

gator8_24

There are total of 33 killed including the gunman, the first shooting was in a dorm the last and most deadly was an engineering bldg.  I believe heard it correctly same date as the Columbine shootings. So sad.

apple

it so so sad apparently the gunman had a fall out with his gf

kandykitty20012

0: Prayers out to students and families and all those who lost thier lives  0:

Tara

Homer

Man you need to go over to the smoking gun and read the story this looney tune made up. Definite mental issues.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Monkey

Oh my god....  ::)

This guy deserves to rot in hell

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18183171/displaymode/1107/s/2/

More pics here on the slideshow. Just follow the above link ^^^^^^^^^

Ms.Behavin

Yeah he does. He went to a High school right around the block from me. What a disgrace!

Tara

Quote from: Monkey on April 18, 2007, 06:16:03 PM
Oh my god....  ::)

This guy deserves to rot in hell

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18183171/displaymode/1107/s/2/

More pics here on the slideshow. Just follow the above link ^^^^^^^^^

They are showing this on my news right now...I mean what dude was saying in the video.

gator8_24

VA authorities are not happy with NBC for showing the pics and video.

Families cancel NBC appearances over gunman video 2 hours, 28 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Some family members of the victims killed at Virginia Tech university canceled interviews with NBC on Thursday because the television network aired video and photographs of the killer it received in the mail.

Police handling the investigation into the shooting also expressed disappointment at the airing of the images and rants by Cho Seung-Hui, who killed 32 people and then himself in the worst shooting rampage in modern U.S. history.

"We had planned to speak to some family members of victims this morning but they canceled their appearances because they were very upset with NBC for airing the images," said NBC "Today" morning program co-host Meredith Vieira.

Cho, a student from        South Korea mailed photographs of himself posing with the guns he bought and video railing against rich kids and debauchery. The package to NBC News was mailed after he killed his first two victims on Monday morning but before he cut down 30 more people in classrooms.

While NBC acknowledged that the material from Cho were likely devastating to the victims' families and that its news division was split over whether to air the material, NBC News President Steve Capus defended the decision to do so, arguing it only showed a small amount of the images they received.

"This is I think as close as we will ever come to being inside of the mind of a killer, and I thought that it needed to be released," he said on MSNBC. "Pretty much every single news organization all around the world has made the same decision, that it was appropriate to release this information."

NBC said it contacted authorities as soon as it received the package on Wednesday.

Steve Flaherty, superintendent of the Virginia State Police, said at a news conference on Thursday investigators appreciated NBC's cooperation.

However, he added, "We're rather disappointed in the editorial decision to broadcast these disturbing images."

Flaherty said the package had turned out to yield little that investigators did not already know.

NBC is owned by General Electric Co.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070419/us_nm/usa_crime_shooting_nbc_dc

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview