PlayBuddy
June 15, 2024, 04:35:12 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Pal

Started by Pogo Monster,

Previous topic - Next topic

Pogo Monster

I downloaded pogo pal and it gave me a virus, I think.. What should I do?????  :'(

bob@pogopal

What makes you think it gave you a virus?

ZaLandCruiser

Wow, i'e never had a problem with one of there programs like THAT! There must be somthing wrong you should contact Bob about this BadgeHelp@aol.com or Bob@Pogopal.com, usually he has an answer for you by the next day! Hope this Helps  ;).

ZaLandCruiser

May i ask, witch auto was it Pogo_Monster?

KittyKat

Hmm I've heard a story like this from a certain Canadian person who did not like WordzW, he used to say that when ever he went to WordzW's site his virus protection would come up. Wonder if this could be Mr. Cox too.

Homer

I scan everything I download. I can state i have never gotten a virus by downloading an auto from either Wordzw or Pogopal. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

ZaLandCruiser

I was also very surprized , yes i scan everything i download and never had a problem as i stated before, If i was you Scan everything (JustIncase)  :).

Homer

Quote from: Pogo Monster on June 15, 2004, 09:40:35 AM
I downloaded pogo pal and it gave me a virus, I think.. What should I do?????  :'(

Well if you don't have virus protection I would scan your pc at:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

They will scan your pc for free.

I would download some kind of anti virus program so you can scan incoming files in the future.  ;)

admin

What anti-virus program are you using?

I'm guessing you have one that is using some sort of script blocking.. because autos move the mouse around, they could be interpreted as a threat / virus.

Super Duckie

anyone wants a good Virus protection Get AVG, not the best, but it does the job......Not sure of the website, just do a site, it will come up

fatkid

I always liked The Cleaner, also enjoyed Panda AV...

Lywarior1

I also use AVG its not a bad program and its a free one at that, I also have spywear on my pc and it automatically scans everthing I download now a days its just stupid not to scan what you download.

PogoPlayer

AVG is good if your poor. But yes, Panda or Kav is good. But beware Kav takes alot of resources.

Super Duckie

I do agree about AVG, but the only problem with them is it takes them an awful long time to update there virus data bases

saratoga

hmm AGV is good cause its "Free" thats the only good thing abt AGV..  and i have also read on many info sites that AGV..  is not gonna support the free version much longer..  for which i noticed.. when i was using it the updates to the .dat files was far and few between... i now use Avast.. a very good "Free" program.. with updates that come every 3 days.. or such

ya can get avast from http://www.avast.com

PogoPlayer

Popular Virus Scanners, usually update everyday, there are 50+ new viruses detected everyday!

fatkid

Quote from: PogoPlayer on June 16, 2004, 02:44:06 PM
Popular Virus Scanners, usually update everyday, there are 50+ new viruses detected everyday!
I was under the impression that Norton (one of the largest, if not the largest) released its virus definitions every Wednesday... Not everyday...

Homer

Trend is very good at releasing updates.  ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview