PlayBuddy
June 15, 2024, 09:13:27 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Dice City Rollers mix and match badge for Nov

Started by princess,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Quote from: BadgeBabe on November 21, 2007, 06:37:33 PM
Quote from: ABraveLady on November 21, 2007, 03:44:49 PM
The auto doesn't work well with this cgallnge because it's programmed to win, not just play the 5 of a kind card.  So, lets say I needed 4 5's for the 5 of a kind, and needed only one card, a 5, for a straight, and I rolled 3 5's, it would first place the 5 on the straight to clear that card.  The auto works fantastically for me, I'm not complaining about it, it's just not the best for THIS challenge.

Has anyone else noticed that more and more, Pogo is putting put challenges that autos don't work well on?

ABSOLUTELY Pogo is making up challenges that are hard for the autos to play and win. But, last fall, they posted a rather long editorial saying that they would be trying to " outsmart" cheaters. I wondered then what they were going to do... Now I see. I think they are full of you know what. I pay to play and if I want to buy an auto package to play for me, then that's my hired help, as I see it.

I also think that's why so many of the regular weekly challenges now are for X number of tokens instead of X number of wins like they used to be. MOST of the games will not pay out nearly as much in JP spins when you are using an auto.
I had extreme difficulty getting the Pogo Bowl badge for Spares because Backspin gets so many strikes for me. I kept bowling Strike after Strike. Took me close to 5 hours to get that badge!!! AND people in the rooms were like- why are you bowling strikes instead of spares?
I had scores in the 270's and 280's and theirs were like 120. LOL.

I feel the same way... I don't see what the problem is if I want to use an auto.  I NEVER use autos where I'm competing against another player... I think that is unfair.

I did the Pogo Bowl by hand because the auto kept getting strikes, too.  LOL 

I sure hope I get in on the next beta round.  I did Beta for AOL and if you can manage that, you can manage anything.  LOL

SharonLM46

I've tried three times and nothing.  If you don't get in a room where everyone is kind and helps you...you're sunk.  Will try the no auction option and see if that works.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: SharonLM46 on November 25, 2007, 08:52:03 AM
I've tried three times and nothing.  If you don't get in a room where everyone is kind and helps you...you're sunk.  Will try the no auction option and see if that works.

I did okay in auction rooms when no one else was there, but they soon started filling up so I found a non auction room with no one and played there.  It was my 3rd try and I got it with about 1 hour 30 minutes left.  Good Luck!!

DoubleOscotty

Okay I did mine first try in the auction rooms and had about 25-30 minutes left over while losing twice. The main trick is to score big early and bid all your points on the extra dice. The first round is important. I always drop two cards on the first roll, the pair and exactly seven and put the extra die on the straight. The the rest of the quarter, work on getting points to make sure you'll win the bid and bid one point higher then the second place person. Win the extras twice and you should have the five of a kind before the fourth quarter begins.

jeffy

im 18/30 with 3hours 25 mins left

the auto works great when you tell it to focus on the of a kind card!!

im playing with no auctions

glad badge help made them options  dance11.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: jeffy on December 04, 2007, 12:37:23 PM

I never bother to check the options.  Guess I should  LOL

swamp

i player with auctions and got it fast like 2 hours 45 min by hand i think it was   in a room  all by my self  civilwar.gif :-{ civilwar.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: swamp master snagger on December 04, 2007, 02:39:21 PM
i player with auctions and got it fast like 2 hours 45 min by hand i think it was   in a room  all by my self  civilwar.gif :-{ civilwar.gif
:ooo

jeffy

Quote from: swamp master snagger on December 04, 2007, 02:39:21 PM

yea i ended up getting mine with about 2 hours left using the auto thats including missing some believe it or not it was like pogo had a grudge on me

>:D

xxunluv3dlizxx

When did they put that option up?!?! I only remembered there being the participate in auctions option

BadgeBabe

Quote from: xxunluv3dlizxx on December 04, 2007, 08:15:24 PM

When did they put that option up?!?! I only remembered there being the participate in auctions option

The ability of the auto to focus on one card type is a new feature of the latest download, and Chummy told us about it in a post on this thread.
I noticed it when I was doing the crappy auction badge. People were bidding INSANE amounts on stuff.
I think they were refugees from Fortune Bingo. Same mind set. Gimmee, gimmee, gimmee.

CindyLouWho

WTG to all that got this badge!   :!!  Whew, just finished getting mine by hand cause I don't have the auto & what a pain it was (plus a sore behind!!  :))) ) I had about 50 minutes left.  I tried the auction rooms 1st but that was going too slow so I went & finally got it in the no auction rooms. 

xxunluv3dlizxx

Hmmm wierd cause i redownloaded it after seeing jeffys post about it and it was the still same old rollerdice, then i just redownloaded it again and there it was...figures it would happen AFTER i already got the badge lol oh well

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview