PlayBuddy
May 18, 2024, 10:54:01 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Need new code and my paypal history is gone!!!!!

Started by Spice It Up,

Previous topic - Next topic

Spice It Up

Ok, I am a little panic here! I had to clean out my whole computer and of course that wipe out all my autos so I just need to get my new codes again. (you would think, no problem, just show proof of purchase and resubmit for new code.) I did that and paypal doesn't have my history from back in 2005 anymore. Can they delete my history like that? Am I not looking in right spot for the history? I looked everywhere!!! Somebody help!!! := 0:

Homer

Have you tried doing a search for everything going back to then? You can do customized date searches.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Spice It Up on January 04, 2008, 12:11:35 PM
Ok, I am a little panic here! I had to clean out my whole computer and of course that wipe out all my autos so I just need to get my new codes again. (you would think, no problem, just show proof of purchase and resubmit for new code.) I did that and paypal doesn't have my history from back in 2005 anymore. Can they delete my history like that? Am I not looking in right spot for the history? I looked everywhere!!! Somebody help!!! := 0:

I had a similar problem and my paypal history was gone, or so I thought.  In my case what happened was that the screen was so big I couldn't see the little "next" arrow at the bottom right of the history screen, but there's a scroll bar so I used that and found the "next" arrow and was able to go right to all the transactions.

orion42

spice it up i had to replace my codes last week because of harddrive crash and i did pay pal search and it displayed all the
way back to 2003? so i dont understand how yours is not comming up try to do the search again and choose in the
drop down box the 1st search option and you can go back to 2003

thanks
orion42

p.s. happy new year party13.gif

harley89

Bravelady I just missed the same little next button you did.  I didnt notice it either

Spice It Up

Thank you all so much, I will go and see if I can find what you are talking about. Is there something I should do to try to save my history of my proof of purchases in case paypal ever deletes the history or will paypal supposely leave it be?  :-\

Stinkerbell

Quote from: orion42 on January 04, 2008, 01:06:35 PM
spice it up i had to replace my codes last week because of harddrive crash and i did pay pal search and it displayed all the
way back to 2003? so i dont understand how yours is not comming up try to do the search again and choose in the
drop down box the 1st search option and you can go back to 2003

thanks
orion42

p.s. happy new year party13.gif

In my case, I did the search but I still had to be able to hit the next button to see what I needed and couldn't see the next button til I scrolled over and saw it, so they might do the search and still not see the actual transactions until they use the "next" arrow.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: harleyrider on January 04, 2008, 01:15:31 PM
Bravelady I just missed the same little next button you did.  I didnt notice it either

Glad to know someone else missed it too.  I'm in good company  :)

PogoKaz

Quote from: Spice It Up on January 04, 2008, 02:35:46 PM
Thank you all so much, I will go and see if I can find what you are talking about. Is there something I should do to try to save my history of my proof of purchases in case paypal ever deletes the history or will paypal supposely leave it be?  :-\

I'm not sure on the legalities of how long financial records must be kept, but I think its a minimum of 6 years.

One thing you could do for your own piece of mind is take a screen print of each transaction (just those you feel you need to keep a record of) and put them in a word document.  Then save the document on an external storage device ie CD, floppy disk, USB storage device.

It's a lot of messing around, but it would give you piece of mind.  O0

orion42

hi spice you donot need to do anthing special i donot thing paypal will loose
your  information what i do is when i get the new password from replacement code.com i
save it on my aol i send a email to myself and i save it not in my system but in aol files so
just in case of a computer promblem i will be able to get it

thank you
orion42

20081.gif

Stinkerbell

Also, I C&P the transaction information into a Word Doc.  Then I can go to them.

harley89

I may be old fashion here but I just print hard copies and keep them in a file. When I need I just scan and add to where ever I need it. 

luvhatepogo

I use gmail and I save a copy of everything I want to keep to the archives then even if I crash gmail is saving it for me when I go back to gmail all is there. I email myself copies of passwords and anything I may need to pull up again someday. Gmail is awesome as a storage bank for easily lost tidbits and reciepts. Just do a email search for paypal and all your reciept notices pop up. I couldnt survive as often as crashes occur without my archives in gmail, I have done this for five years and havent come close to using up the allowed free storage space as they keep increasing it..If anyone wants a free invite for a gmail account just to email yourself let me know....

Spice It Up

Quote from: orion42 on January 04, 2008, 05:31:47 PM
your  information what i do is when i get the new password from replacement code.com i
save it on my aol i send a email to myself and i save it not in my system but in aol files so

thank you
orion42

20081.gif

So, I do write the passwords down when I get them, but I have tried to go back and put the same passwords or codes in that I have written down and it doesn't except them. So I thought you have to get a new code everytime, do you not?

Homer

Quote from: Spice It Up on January 05, 2008, 10:32:55 AM
Quote from: orion42 on January 04, 2008, 05:31:47 PM

thank you
orion42

20081.gif

So, I do write the passwords down when I get them, but I have tried to go back and put the same passwords or codes in that I have written down and it doesn't except them. So I thought you have to get a new code everytime, do you not?

Paypal is not going to lose your information. They are a big time company and have their databases backed up regularly. Writing down passwords and codes will do you no good especially if you get a new pc or had to reformat your current pc.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

orion42

yep  that is right homer your right if we have to re-format the codes will change

orion42 canadian1.gif

Spice It Up

Thank you all for your help! This is all good to know now! I am all set! :8:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview