This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Anyone upgraded to firefox 4 yet?

Started by just don,

Previous topic - Next topic

just don

I did this yesterday, and spent almost two hours trying to find the old "3.6 something" version again, in order to downgrade. FF4 got me more lost and confused than the last time I tried to walk around the block.

snap20

Yep, and working fine for me. The major change is the removal of the status bar at the bottom. There is an add-on to get it back and I've been using it with no problems. I like having a status bar. Here's the add-on for it called "Status-4-Evar": https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/status-4-evar/

If you ever want to install a previous version, this page will help: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Installing%20a%20previous%20version%20of%20Firefox

There is a link to their FTP server which has all of the FF releases available for download.

just don

Thank you very much snap. The link you posted is where I eventually ended up to downgrade. I wish I had asked here 1st.

The other issue I encountered with the new version all included FF4 not accepting a few add-ons that FF 3.6.16 was happy to invite to the party. I thought FF 4 was out of the beta testing?

Oh well, I'll just wait a bit longer before I try again. Thanks,again.

snap20

It is out of beta, and I had some add-ons that weren't supported yet too. I think they rushed it a little bit because IE9 was coming out in March, so they wanted to release around the same time. Although it is the fault of the add-on programmers for not having their add-on programmed for FF4, really.

I was bothered that they didn't give us an option of a status bar, and recommended to anyone that wanted it to get the add-on. I like limiting my add-ons because they are known to slow FF down a bit. So having to use an add-on that should be an option built into the browser kind of ticked me off.

just don

I still figure it's a beta test fail, and have been most pleased in using an older version of FF.

What's this IE9 you speak of? You would be shocked at what version of IE I still rarely use.

chummychum

snap20

mycatownsme

Well, I should have asked or even looked here first before I downloaded FF4. My computer that I have been using to run my cheat programs broke down.
I kept getting my battery was very low and to plug in to electical socket right away. I was plugged in and so ignored the dumb thing.
Now we know who was "the dumb one."
I should have turned it off right away. But I wanted to get that one more badge that it was working on and almost finished.
I bought a new battery on Amazon and also a new plug in with that rectangle box on it and hoped that would fix it. But I got it today and it's still broken.
It did start up with the new stuff but only lasted about 20 to 30 minutes and I got that message about the battery again. So, I shut it down.
Meanwhile.....I wanted to do the badges that came out yesterday and so I have this newer computer that has IE 9 and I needed to download another site to double browse for a couple of the badges and so I did the FF4. It did what I needed and because I never used it before, I didn't find it bad to use. But like anything, computer related, I have to really take a long time to study anything new. I was getting kicked out of Pogo yesterday on IE9 but not the FF4. So. I was thinking it was a better program. Now, I'm concerned. I have saved your link and will go reading and study.
But first I need to contact Badge Help and see what I can possibly do to transfer my 150 Club package and the extra ones I bought since then onto this computer. I paid with my Paypal account and so it was easy to go back through my records so I can send transaction numbers but I don't know if there is a limit or what? Will be going there from here to find out. I originally came here to find their email addy to write to them and saw this first.
I'm really concerned about the security of FF4 now. Thanks for the posting about it.

StevesMom

just don

chummychum posted a great link if you decide to upgrade to FF4, just seemed like too much work on my end. I just found out FF also still upgrades 3. New version is 3.6.17. It still shocks me that IE is up to 9, and shocks me worse, that some still use IE?

As for BH and your 150 page, don't sweat the small stuff. I had to restore a computer a long time ago, and bought a new computer a few years back. A simple email to them will take care of these issues. Contrary to a few posts here, BH has always taken care of me.

mycatownsme

I agree about Badge Help. I like doing business with them a lot also.

I have the link to FF that was posted and will be reading more on it.

I have IE because that was on the computer and until I came here, I did not know there were more choices.
My son Steve, whose originally joined here, was the reason I got involved with this all in the first place.
He would be running the programs for badges and one thing led to another and now he got me hooked.
I left everything as it was until I broke the computer and when I got this one and it had IE on it I didn't think anything about it.  Until now.

I have learned so much from everyone here and still learning.  Joe C has helped me with getting a badge and I enjoy the posts.
Thank you for reading my long post below. I can tell I was a bit wordy and wish I knew more about computers. But I'm learning.

StevesMom  tumbsup.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview