PlayBuddy
May 02, 2024, 10:40:53 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Heath Ledger

Started by Mistyeyed,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistyeyed

just saw on cnn where he died..looks like possible drug overdose

marymary770

I was shocked too and surprised! :o I got this in an email. :(

Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has died in NY.   

He was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho   
by his housekeeper at 3:35 PM ET today. Law enforcement sources   
say they believe it was not a crime.   

Details are currently very hazy but it is believed he died   
of a drug overdose.   

The 28-year-old actor has a two year old daughter with former   
fiancee Michelle Williams. He was set to play the Joker in the   
upcoming Batman film "The Dark Knight."   

apple

was found dead yesterday afternoon this was an extremly talented actor, great man and a great family man he will be sadly missed by all condolences to his family, plz dont slate him and say he was a drug addict until facts are out I do think it was an accidental death.

marymary770

Quote from: apple on January 23, 2008, 02:52:38 AM
was found dead yesterday afternoon this was an extremly talented actor, great man and a great family man he will be sadly missed by all condolences to his family, plz dont slate him and say he was a drug addict until facts are out I do think it was an accidental death.

Actually I didn't say it. That's what was said in an entertainment news newsletter I got yesterday. I just copied it and pasted it. Seemed like some people weren't sure what happened. I'm waiting to see what the cause of death was also by the authorities. Yes, he was very talened. It's very tragic and sad. Could be he had a condition no one knew about and had medication for. Maybe he has some kind of attack. We'll have to wait and see. :-\

harley89

Autopsy was inconclusive. I  think that means you can rule out drugs. I love his work. I can watch 10 things I HAte  About You over and over. Same thing with The Patriot and A Knights Tale. 

Stinkerbell

Quote from: harleyrider on January 23, 2008, 02:11:03 PM
Autopsy was inconclusive. I  think that means you can rule out drugs. I love his work. I can watch 10 things I HAte  About You over and over. Same thing with The Patriot and A Knights Tale. 

I think that fact that it's inconclusive just means it's most likely some kind of drug interaction or reaction because now they are awaiting toxicology reports.
It's a tragedy, again, that you have someone so young with so much potential and so much life ahead of them coming to a sad, lonely end.

SpunkyGirl

This is so sad and I hope they finally get the results

apple

Stinkerbell

Heath Ledger died of accidental drug overdose

By Katie Franklin and Nick Squires
Last Updated: 4:25pm GMT 06/02/2008

Australian actor Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs, the New York City medical examiner's office has announced.

The ruling comes two weeks after the 28-year-old was found dead in his New York apartment.

Police found six types of prescription drugs, including pills to treat anxiety and insomnia, in his bedroom and bathroom.

A spokesman for the medical examiner said Ledger died as a result of "acute intoxication by the combined effects" of the drugs oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine.

The drugs are the generic names for the painkiller OxyContin, the anti-anxiety drug Valium, Xanax, an anti-anxiety drug, and the sleep aids Restoril and Unisom.

"We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications," the statement added.

Stinkerbell

Feds Investigating Ledger's Death

LOS ANGELES (KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO)  -- The Drug Enforcement Agency is launching an investigation into how actor Heath Ledger obtained the myriad of prescription drugs that lead to his death last month.

According to toxicology reports released by the New York Police Department this morning, oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine were found in Ledger's body. All are opiates and benzodiazepines, which are available only through prescription.

The NYPD has not said if prescriptions have been found for the drugs, and therefore cannot determine if Ledger was the intended patient for the lethal rainbow of chemicals.

The NYPD has concluded Ledger's death was an accidental overdose. 

lalasxo

poor guy, prayers are with his family.  :'((

samara

girls18.gif girls18.gif >:( he could put his shoes under my bed anytime, loved him in Knights Tale      girls18.gif >:( girls18.gif

Homer

Heath Ledger: Broker Than a Joker?
Posted Mar 23rd 2008 12:23PM by TMZ Staff

Could it be that one of the hottest actors in Hollywood barely had a pot to piss in when he died? If reports out of Australian papers are to be believed, Heath Ledger was only worth $145,000 at the time of his death.

According to the Daily Telegraph, the total value of Heath's estate is "$145,000, with furniture and fixtures worth $20,000, a Toyota Prius worth $25,000 and $100,000 in miscellaneous bank accounts." It also names Heath's father, mother and sisters as the only beneficiaries, but acknowledges his two-year-old daughter Matilda Rose as an interested party.

What this doesn't jibe with is family sources are telling TMZ that Matilda will be "well taken care of." So, where's the money?

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Mary

the money went to his pills  and what ever else he was into he might have given the babies mama money for her?? i know he made alot of money   ::)

Stinkerbell

Time will tell in Heath's case, but it seems that with many of the younger celebs, they squander away the incredible amounts of money they make.  Eventually, the smart ones and the ones who last awhile, realize the error of their ways and start saving, investing and donating to good causes.  And in case anyone asks, I'm a good cause and will gladly take donations.     

bams68

well for me I really dun listen much to news an so forth. I jus know he was a good man an was dealing with depression issues. Maybe these were reasons of his sudden shockin' death...who knows but if there is one thing I know he was a well luv'd actor an also very loving of his daughter. He jus had sumthing about him that made me enjoy him so much. Deep down he jus was human to me an not a celebrity or sumthing....sumone who had real issues an was able to keep his kewl about it an stay hidden out of the media about it. I think that's why we were so shocked to hear of his passing. I feel greatly hurt jus knowing his daughter will miss out on there time together....that hits home for me as my own niece deals with this so yeah jus saddness for me.
I was a true fan of Heath and also will.....

Ur Deer Friend
bams

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bams68 on March 23, 2008, 05:00:36 PM
well for me I really dun listen much to news an so forth. I jus know he was a good man an was dealing with depression issues. Maybe these were reasons of his sudden shockin' death...who knows but if there is one thing I know he was a well luv'd actor an also very loving of his daughter. He jus had sumthing about him that made me enjoy him so much. Deep down he jus was human to me an not a celebrity or sumthing....sumone who had real issues an was able to keep his kewl about it an stay hidden out of the media about it. I think that's why we were so shocked to hear of his passing. I feel greatly hurt jus knowing his daughter will miss out on there time together....that hits home for me as my own niece deals with this so yeah jus saddness for me.
I was a true fan of Heath and also will.....

Some of his friends said that his Joker role in the new Batman movie really bothered him.  They say that he told them the role was so 'dark' that he had trouble coping.  I don't know if that is true or not, but the trailers for Batman portray the Joker as one sick SOB.

Mary

that is true stinker he was so upset after doin the joker role don`t know why he took it if bothered him so..he said he could`nt sleep well any more after he played the joker.. to sad

bams68

Well I think even Jack Nickelson I do believe called him an told him NOT to take the part....cuz it does sum weird stuff to ya. But yeah I heard that too on one of the entertainment tonights shows...but yeah I think it was Jack N. not sure......but jus sad either way.

Ur Deer Friend
bams

~Sassy~

Heath was such a talented young man, he is truly someone I will miss.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview