PlayBuddy
May 28, 2024, 11:20:10 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 5 or more dolls in one move 170 times this week! [Download Cheat]
A Way With Words : Make 80 words with all yellow letters this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NFL

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

jrzydvl

cowgirls lost romo melted cause jessica was on his mind and it looked like he cried again. romo get over it your not going to win a superbowl with old people and as homer said pricess ending to the game  jerry jones sulking.

Mr. Rasputia

Mr. Rasputia

ahhhhhh now t.o. is crying, should be an actor with those crocodile tears

Tara

mr.clean

o.k. tell me why the chargers  starters where not playing in the 3rd and 4th quarters?   Something happen with Rivers   he was standing on sidelines when i turned game on.

Mr. Rasputia

Quote from: mr.clean on January 13, 2008, 09:09:20 PM
o.k. tell me why the chargers  starters where not playing in the 3rd and 4th quarters?   Something happen with Rivers   he was standing on sidelines when i turned game on.

both Rivers and Tomlison had hurt their knees

gator8_24

Walking wounded: Brady spotted in cast
Monday, Jan 21, 2008 11:44 pm EST

AP
Fans of the New England Patriots had to be swallowing hard Monday when pictures of quarterback Tom Brady sporting a walking cast on his right foot surfaced.

A video taken of Brady in New York Sunday, which is available on TMZ.com, shows the NFL's MVP returning to girlfriend Gisele Bundchen's apartment. He's walking gingerly on the sidewalk after emerging from a black SUV parked on the street.

During his weekly appearance on WEEI's "Dennis and Callahan" show, Brady didn't dismiss the notion he had suffered some type of leg injury during Sunday's AFC Championship win. "Ah, you know, there's always bumps and bruises. I'll be ready for the Super Bowl," Brady said, when asked point-blank if he had a leg injury.

Also-- another report said he has shed the boot. lol

Rivers to have surgery on torn ACL; L.T. won't need surgery

By BERNIE WILSON, AP Sports Writer
January 21, 2008

AP - Jan 16, 5:17 pm EST
More Photos

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers needed surgery to get his right knee through the AFC championship game, and now needs a more extensive operation to repair a torn ligament in the same knee. His rehab could last six months.

LaDainian Tomlinson has a sprained ligament in his left knee but won't need surgery.

However, the superstar running back took a hit to his image during Sunday's loss to the perfect New England Patriots, simply because of the way the truth sometimes takes a beating in the way NFL teams release news about injuries.

First, Rivers.

While confirming that he needs surgery on his torn right anterior cruciate ligament, the quarterback revealed for the first time that he had arthroscopic surgery to clean out the joint a week earlier in order to play in the AFC championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Rivers made it through Sunday's 21-12 loss to the Patriots in freezing Foxborough, Mass., despite the damage to his knee, which he sustained in an upset win over the Indianapolis Colts a week earlier.

Rivers, lauded by his teammates for his gutsy play, said he'd like to have surgery as soon as possible on the torn ACL. "I'll be ready by training camp," he said.

Pressed for more details on his earlier arthroscopic surgery, Rivers nodded toward the training room and said: "I mean, the guys, obviously, I know they don't talk, but the guys in there would be able to give you the details on that."

Actually, that's part of the problem. Trainer James Collins is not allowed to talk to the media and the team often limits the information it releases.

"It wasn't real extensive, but I mean, really that was the only way I would have had a chance to play by doing that on Monday," Rivers said. "I thought maybe I could come back in the Colts game but it was catching. That's what we did on Monday to give me the chance to play on Sunday."

Rivers missed most of practice last week and was listed as doubtful on Friday's injury report.

(more on yahoo sports)

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Mr. Rasputia

don't think thats the playmaker mcnabb was looking for

Homer

We tried to get Fitzgerald but the Cards were asking for way too much in return.  !@#$

Homer

Here is a free agent tracker in case you want to see who went where so far.

http://www.sportingnews.com/freeagents/

Homer

SPIKES OUT IN PHILLY . . . MOSS IN?

On Friday night, an eagle-eyed reader in Philly pointed out to us that the Eagles' depth chart shows Asante Samuel as the starter at left cornerback, and Lito Sheppard as the second-stringer.

So we shared that info with PFT Planet, and several members of the Philly chapter pointed out that nowhere on the depth chart are the words "Takeo" or "Spikes."

And that is prompting speculation that Spikes and his $5 million base salary are on the way out.  Since 2008 is the final year of his contract, cutting him would give the Eagles an immediate $5 million in cap space, with no acceleration.

The possible departure of Spikes and the arrival of receiver Randy Moss on the open market has prompted speculation that the Eagles might make a run at Randy. 

The wild card in all of this is Samuel.  He's in a position to greatly influence the Eagles, one way or the other, on the value of Moss.  Samuel was with the Pats for four seasons before Moss, so he's in a great position to provide the powers-that-be with the inside look at the "before" and the "after".

Stay tuned.  Prior to signing Asante, the Eagles were coy about trading Sheppard, likely because they didn't want a repeat of the LeCharles Bentley episode in their quest for Samuel.  The wheels might quietly be in motion as to Spikes because the Eagles hope to soar under radar if they decide to try to reel in Randy.

Hey, if T.O. and Moss can't play on the same team, the next best thing is having him in the same division. 

Mr. Rasputia

no way you can have T.O. and moss on the same team, it be like a nursery with all that crying  :'((

oldlady

:&  ++  ++
     Big new in Wisconsin today ++
    Brett Farve retires :;
   Since I live close to Green Bay that's what is filling our news today, even took price is right off for a special on Brett!!

girls18.gif girls18.gif girls18.gif girls18.gif

jrzydvl

brett had a great career. im not a cheese head but im glad for him and his family. he had a great season set all kinds of records that he will hold for a short time cause peyton and cry baby brady are going to pass records. all in all great season for him. leave now while your on top and come back and have a horrible season and then be remembered as a qb that should left a year earlier.  brett "ironman" favre you will be missed by everyone in the nfl

Homer

What's John Madden gonna do now?  :-\

Monkey

Quote from: jrzydvl on March 04, 2008, 03:06:54 PM
brett had a great career. im not a cheese head but im glad for him and his family. he had a great season set all kinds of records that he will hold for a short time cause peyton and cry baby brady are going to pass records. all in all great season for him. leave now while your on top and come back and have a horrible season and then be remembered as a qb that should left a year earlier.  brett "ironman" farve you will be missed by everyone in the nfl
Quote from: Homer on March 04, 2008, 03:27:44 PM
What's John Madden gonna do now?  :-\
:)) Good question.  ???

FreecellFanny

I always knew the time would come when Brett Favre retired. However, that didn't stop me from secretly hoping he'd keep playing until after I was long gone and dead in the ground.

What can I say. I'm a died-in-the-wool Cheesehead and Brett and the Pack meant the world to me.

I feel like I've lost my best friend. Sundays just won't be the same anymore.

I'm thankful though that I got to see him play in person.

And don't forget kids...it's FAVRE not Farve! ;)

Homer

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview