PlayBuddy
May 19, 2024, 07:41:27 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baby Grace - Riley Ann Sawyers

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

GALVESTON, Texas – A slain toddler tried to stop her mother and stepfather from beating her to death by reaching out to her mother and saying, "I love you," a prosecutor told jurors Tuesday. The pleas from 2-year-old Riley Ann Sawyers didn't stop her mother, Kimberly Trenor, from continuing to brutalize her, assistant district attorney Kayla Allen said in her opening statement at Trenor's murder trial.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090127/ap_on_re_us/child_s_remains

6_6.gif

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

jarjar

This just turns my stomach and makes my heart sick. I have no words to say other than My Dear God please stop these sick people from harming innocent children 6_6.gif

Squid

Homer

I got words and they aren't pretty. I effin despise people who harm innocent children. I hope they die a thousand horrible gruesome unspeakable deaths.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

jarjar

Quote from: Homer on January 27, 2009, 04:16:01 PM
I got words and they aren't pretty. I effin despise people who harm innocent children. I hope they die a thousand horrible gruesome unspeakable deaths.
Very well said Mr Homer (OO)

wimp

sitting here crying...

seriously, how could that mother continue to beat that beautiful little baby after she started reaching out and telling her "i love you" ??  how effin despicable can you be?  i hope both these people are left to rot in jail every day for the rest of each of their sorry, miserable lives.  Lord knows they deserve worse.

harley89

I would like to duct tape their mouths to my harleys exhaust pipe and take them for a little ride down a gravel road.  That poor child.  These things cant be called human.

FreecellFanny

Squid

These animals will probably cost us millions as taxpayers and sit in a prison where they have more luxury than the average American.  Fanny is right:  Jailhouse justice.  Let the animals feed on them.

arniebear

I am a retired Social Worker and Child Advocate........have worked with children for twenty years.  Yes, I was the bad person who took children away from parents, many times without regret.  In the end it is the kids who suffer, even after being taken from terrible conditions they will ask to be returned to their parents, because to them a bad parent is better than no parent.  They are all only seeking love, it is a sad world we live in when adults can perpetrate such cruelty on children, and the justice system does not hold a child's life as valuable as an adults. 

harley89

Arnie your post reminded me of a event when my Dad was in law enforcemnt. He stopped a car one night  and found the man and woman were high on drugs. Got them both cuffed after fighting both of them.  Back up was on the way but he handled that part. He caught a movement in the backseat and drew his gun. Opened the back door and discovered a 3 month old baby that was covered with bruises and burns.  Backup cars then hit the gas pedals because my father was well not for not liking people that hurt children.  Next day the Social worker came ito the jail and said she wanted to talk to the parents and get this family back home.  Now this couple was still not down from the drugs and my Father knew it. He grabbed the Social worker byt the collar and drug  her to the cell and said this is what you want to send that baby back to. Social worker left and asked for the court to give the state custody. 

arniebear

QuoteArnie your post reminded me of a event when my Dad was in law enforcemnt. He stopped a car one night  and found the man and woman were high on drugs. Got them both cuffed after fighting both of them.  Back up was on the way but he handled that part. He caught a movement in the backseat and drew his gun. Opened the back door and discovered a 3 month old baby that was covered with bruises and burns.  Backup cars then hit the gas pedals because my father was well not for not liking people that hurt children.  Next day the Social worker came ito the jail and said she wanted to talk to the parents and get this family back home.  Now this couple was still not down from the drugs and my Father knew it. He grabbed the Social worker byt the collar and drug  her to the cell and said this is what you want to send that baby back to. Social worker left and asked for the court to give the state custody.

SW will always say their job is to reunify families.........because this is the state/gov't concept.  In reality this family would more than likely lose custody anyway.  The problem is now with the economy the way it is you will see more and more of Baby Grace's, and it breaks my heart 6_6.gif

Stinkerbell

I know a wonderful woman who is a retired social worker.  She had this one child who had been in and out of the system like a revolving door.  Things kept getting worse and worse and the last time the child was in, the judge decided to return the child to the father.  Within a month the child was dead and my friend retired.  She said that no matter how right the social workers were, it didn't matter and she couldn't watch it anymore.

Squid

I think people should need a license to procreate.  I can't believe some of the people who are raising innocent children.

arniebear

QuoteI know a wonderful woman who is a retired social worker.  She had this one child who had been in and out of the system like a revolving door.  Things kept getting worse and worse and the last time the child was in, the judge decided to return the child to the father.  Within a month the child was dead and my friend retired.  She said that no matter how right the social workers were, it didn't matter and she couldn't watch it anymore.'s

Tell your friend I have great sympathy for what she felt because this was exactly what I felt.........You have to go through College and Licensing in my state not to mention having to put in service hours to maintain you license.  I also have a Master's in Social Sciences, and the find out that in many cases their is very little you can do but try and ease the situations.  I finally gave up after my last job, which was an Ombudsman for the Elderly in Nursing Homes.  Many NH's are good places, but I had inner city homes that where not, what went on was horrible, and yes even death.  An elderly woman client of mine died from being chained to a bed so she would not get up, she did try and hit her head on the railing.  I equate children and the elderly together, both are extremely vulnerable.  Children have no voice in Court so someone has to speak for them, with the elderly many can no longer speak for themselves.  As a society we warehouse them, and show them little respect.  If I could have changed it all I would, but the problems are to big sometimes. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview