PlayBuddy
May 17, 2024, 06:51:26 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Turkey Hill ice cream recall

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Turkey Hill ice cream recall
The Associated Press reports:

CONESTOGA, Pa. - Turkey Hill Dairy is voluntarily recalling one of its ice cream flavors because it contains peanut from a Texas facility that health officials have linked to salmonella contamination.

The  Pennsylvania-based company said today it was pulling back Dynamic Duos Movie Night, a new flavor that was distributed on a limited basis in 14 states, including Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

Turkey Hill says it has not received any reports of consumers being sickened by that flavor of its ice cream.

bbq22.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

FreecellFanny

Never heard of that flavour and it doesn't appear to have been released in my state.  nono.gif

disneyland lady

Never heard of it either and what an ugly visual with that brand name. I am sickened by that, not the ice cream.

IndianLover

Never heard of it hear either. But geez with all these recalls starting to get scared to eat anything.  vomit.gif

Tara

Quote from: disneyland lady on March 01, 2009, 05:53:32 AM
Never heard of it either and what an ugly visual with that brand name. I am sickened by that, not the ice cream.

I totally agree. I wouldn't eat any ice cream with that name.

Monkey

It doesn't look that bad.  giggle2.gif

There's 4 different kinds apparently...
Caramel Cone Chaos - Caramel with choco cone pieces; Vanilla with caramel swirl.
Coconutz! - Vanilla flavored with choco almonds; Coconut with toasted coconut swirl.
Movie Night - Popcorn flavored with popcorn and praline peanuts; Vanilla flavored with caramel.
PB Explosion - Vanilla flavored with choco peanut butter cups; Chocolate with peanut butter swirl.

Well... a few sound edible at least.  giggle2.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: Monkey on March 01, 2009, 10:26:18 AM
It doesn't look that bad.  giggle2.gif

There's 4 different kinds apparently...
Caramel Cone Chaos - Caramel with choco cone pieces; Vanilla with caramel swirl.
Coconutz! - Vanilla flavored with choco almonds; Coconut with toasted coconut swirl.
Movie Night - Popcorn flavored with popcorn and praline peanuts; Vanilla flavored with caramel.
PB Explosion - Vanilla flavored with choco peanut butter cups; Chocolate with peanut butter swirl.

Well... a few sound edible at least.  giggle2.gif

Just goes to show you how not safe we are thinking that because we do not buy 'industry sized cans' which is what the alleged tainted peanuts were sold as cuz an ice cream company obviously bought some of those industry sizes and used them.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview